Requesting a character mod for my partner's birthday. Will pay for it.

Nihichan

My girlfriend absolutely loves don't starve and I wanted to surprise her with herself as her very own selectable character for her birthday.  I do not own the game and I have never ventured into the realm of modding so that is why I am here to request this.  I understand that modding takes time and is not easy so I am willing to pay by PayPal for the completion of the mod.  

Here is what I am looking for in the mod-

-Custom name, art, and speech based off of her but in the same style as the original game.

-Custom unique attributes specifically for her as a character.

-Be compatible with the game and the expansions. 

-Be able to be downloaded from steam.  

If you are able to do this and would like further information then please email me at nihil.chan0@gmail.com.  Please let me know of any other mods you have completed so I can review them.  Thank you and I hope to hear from you.  :D  

42 minutes ago, Nihichan said:

My girlfriend absolutely loves don't starve and I wanted to surprise her with herself as her very own selectable character for her birthday.  I do not own the game and I have never ventured into the realm of modding so that is why I am here to request this.  I understand that modding takes time and is not easy so I am willing to pay by PayPal for the completion of the mod.  

Here is what I am looking for in the mod-

-Custom name, art, and speech based off of her but in the same style as the original game.

-Custom unique attributes specifically for her as a character.

-Be compatible with the game and the expansions. 

-Be able to be downloaded from steam.  

If you are able to do this and would like further information then please email me at nihil.chan0@gmail.com.  Please let me know of any other mods you have completed so I can review them.  Thank you and I hope to hear from you.  :D  

What's the deadline?:v

22 minutes ago, 9screamingkittens said:

What's the deadline?:v

Thank you!! Her birthday is on November 10 so I would like for the deadline to be November 9 so that the mod can be tested and working properly.  I'm sorry that there isn't more time since the idea came to me this morning as I watched her play before she left for work.  

As I see it :

-custom name & speech is programmatically easy, but the actual text will have to be written by none other than you. I mean you're the one that knows your girlfriend, not us

-custom unique attributes : depends how complex you want her to have special abilities, some stuff is easier than others obviously. examples : unique attributes (hp,sanity,hunger) is dead easy, leveling up is moderate (as an RPG), complex interactions with followers harder

-be compatible : shouldn't be a problem

-be able to be downloaded from steam : shouldn't be a problem

-and now custom art : needs an artist (I am not one which is why I kept this for the end)

I could potentially handle the programming side if you're absolutely serious about this.

Coding is no problem to me (view my mods by clicking my signature image) and I can draw a little bit (my avatar is self-drawn, I also have an art thread in the off-topic section), but beware that capturing the purposefully rough art style of Don't Starve might be a little difficult for me. I'd like to discuss all perks beforehand and send you a template for the speech file immediately.

Eventhough I will write an e-mail to the supplied address eventually, feel free to contact me on this website using the Messager or on Steam ( steamcommunity.com/id/longlivemobbie/ ). I can also give you my Discord and Skype addresses if you'd like.

19 hours ago, Nihichan said:

Thank you!! Her birthday is on November 10 so I would like for the deadline to be November 9 so that the mod can be tested and working properly.  I'm sorry that there isn't more time since the idea came to me this morning as I watched her play before she left for work.  

So the art would be a portrait, face, model (all the bodyparts and animations) + expressions, map icon and... I think that's it? 

4 hours ago, 9screamingkittens said:

So the art would be a portrait, face, model (all the bodyparts and animations) + expressions, map icon and... I think that's it? 

I believe so.  I would like for the character to be a good representation of her but in the same sort of art style as the original game.  Also, if it is possible I would love to see a few lines of custom dialogue in the mod too.  There are a few phrases and inside jokes that we use and she would freak if she saw them in game.     

17 hours ago, whismerhill said:

As I see it :

-custom name & speech is programmatically easy, but the actual text will have to be written by none other than you. I mean you're the one that knows your girlfriend, not us

-custom unique attributes : depends how complex you want her to have special abilities, some stuff is easier than others obviously. examples : unique attributes (hp,sanity,hunger) is dead easy, leveling up is moderate (as an RPG), complex interactions with followers harder

-be compatible : shouldn't be a problem

-be able to be downloaded from steam : shouldn't be a problem

-and now custom art : needs an artist (I am not one which is why I kept this for the end)

I could potentially handle the programming side if you're absolutely serious about this.

Awesome!  I appreciate the feedback and I have not found an artist yet but I am open to suggestions and recommendations if you have any.  I wouldn't mind if multiple people are required to work on it since my ultimate goal is to have the mod functioning and as perfect as possible.  If I do find an available artist who is willing to work on it I will keep you in mind for the programming side of it.  Thank you once again for the feedback and consideration.  

8 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

Coding is no problem to me (view my mods by clicking my signature image) and I can draw a little bit (my avatar is self-drawn, I also have an art thread in the off-topic section), but beware that capturing the purposefully rough art style of Don't Starve might be a little difficult for me. I'd like to discuss all perks beforehand and send you a template for the speech file immediately.

Eventhough I will write an e-mail to the supplied address eventually, feel free to contact me on this website using the Messager or on Steam ( steamcommunity.com/id/longlivemobbie/ ). I can also give you my Discord and Skype addresses if you'd like.

Great!  I'll start reviewing your work and get back to you as soon as possible.  (your avatar looks amazing btw!)

Archived