twicking food values

hi. i was looking into Camp Cuisine Re-Lunched files, trying to undestand the definition, but in it, the food have hunger and sanity values at maindmod file (hunger = TUNING.CALORIES_MED) and into each prefab lua files (inst.components.edible.hungervalue = TUNING.CALORIES_MED).

wich values i have to tune to changes game efect, or they have to be the same values to avoid crash?

Numeric values are allowd for any of those 2 sententes instead of "TUNING.CALORIES_MED", am i right?

thanks!

I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve exactly.

e.g. are you developping new food or tweaking don't starve default food or tweaking a mods food ?

so first yes numeric values are allowed, in fact you can lookup tuning.lua in the base game for all the numerical values of TUNING.CALORIES_x

2nd, I didn't lookup this mod. the value should be in the prefab, though anything can be done through modmain depending on how it's programmed. Putting both should not crash anything

I know some mods for example alter food values after crafting.

depends on the order of execution, can't say like this. Either way it's useless to have both, unless you're modifying the base game or another mod with your mod.

In the latter case you'll probably need to set priority in modinfo

edit: btw just so you know, I had to search twiking, you might want to pay attention at using less urban vocabulary on international forums IF you want to be understood.

i have made mods for hearth of iron and some minor stuff for other games and the right word used always for "value ajustament for wished performace or balance in game" alwais is twiking.

im not talking of the priority on the mod im speaking of the orther of ejecution of the mod ints self. wich override the values of the other. Modmain over the prefab files of the mod or the prefab files of the mod override the modmain file. Alwais about the prefab and modmain of the same mod.

it's still an urban word, you do whatever you want dude, just saying some of us are non-english natives & I'll even add that your definition of twiking or twicking (no idea how you write it) is different from the ones I found on the net .... anyways' I think I made my point :p

And I wasn't talking about priority only either. Priority only for one mod that overrides another.

so for priority of files,it depends on the order of execution, can't say like this, or to say this another way, it can be both before or after any.

Just try it out and you'll see, should be pretty easy to figure out. Good luck.

Archived