DST LOGIN SERVER CONNECTION ISSUE (Ukraine)

• Developer

I'm pleased to hear of some improvement! Anyone who's still having trouble in the Ukraine, please make sure you're getting the same IP shown above. If not, you've got a DNS caching issue. If you're getting the IP above and still having problems, please try visiting https://login.kleientertainment.com/HealthCheck and let us know what you see in place of the "OK" you should see.

22 hours ago, nome said:

I'm pleased to hear of some improvement! Anyone who's still having trouble in the Ukraine, please make sure you're getting the same IP shown above. If not, you've got a DNS caching issue. If you're getting the IP above and still having problems, please try visiting https://login.kleientertainment.com/HealthCheck and let us know what you see in place of the "OK" you should see.

Dear @nome,

This issue come back.

October 16 is okey, I play whith friend, but today I wish check the game & it say "Connection to Klei servers failed" immediately when click on "Play".

client_log_2016-10-16-17-06-25.txt

client_log.txt

healthcheck.jpg

20 minutes ago, nome said:

That is very strange! We don't ever return a 403 from that page. Can you check the SSL cert you get in your browser when you go to that site?

It works under the latest version of Firefox, on Windows 10. The SSL certificate is being issued by Comodo.

• Developer
30 minutes ago, Arlesienne said:

It works under the latest version of Firefox, on Windows 10. The SSL certificate is being issued by Comodo.

Are you having problems playing DST? I'm looking for what it looks like from the PC of the person having the problem. What we have seen a lot in the past is that people with viruses on their PCs or ISP blocking or other such things sometimes are being sent to fake servers instead of ours.

11 minutes ago, nome said:

Are you having problems playing DST? I'm looking for what it looks like from the PC of the person having the problem. What we have seen a lot in the past is that people with viruses on their PCs or ISP blocking or other such things sometimes are being sent to fake servers instead of ours.

Blessedly my game is back after this DDoS people kept mentioning. I did have an initial issue of "Dedicated server failed to start" (dedicated probably due to having caves on the slave shard), but I somehow managed to fix it by rolling back a day, so I didn't even bother any of you folk with a log.

19 minutes ago, nome said:

Yeah, that was "fun". :p 

Fun, you say... My Steam buddies are prevalently DST-ers, so you should have seen the amount of chat popups ("ARLEEES? CAN YOU USE THE GAME?"). My group spent the time between the first post in that "official" thread streaming and stopping said streaming to check if the servers were back (it was our RPG evening). And after they were back, we stayed the night.

Seems to fit the definition of "fun" :)

• Developer
21 hours ago, Microsio said:

Can this problem theoretically occur due to the fact that I started to use a proxy server

Yes. The game does login and items through https connections, the same as your web browser. 

On 24.10.2016 at 7:37 PM, nome said:

Can you check the SSL cert you get in your browser when you go to that site?

How to do it? I living in Crimea and in last year due to sanctions Google have blocked their paid services for us. Maybe this related with our problem?

• Developer

Yes, I just emailed google an hour or two ago when @KillerCrock1000 got me a screenshot of the problem, and they confirm this is the case. Annoyingly they did not mention anything before this. :(

We are investigating what we can do about this and will let everyone know when we figure it out.

@nome, hi.

So... I just want to ask you: is there any progress?
I mean, this problem still won't let us play normaly.
Crimea players can't log in since like... october? And nobody can tell us what to do, and how to solve such problem.
Me and my friend just wanna play DsT, but we can't do it, coz "serever won't let him in".
We love your creation, and... we'v, like... paid for this, but we can't play it, lol. So, yea, if there is any news about all this - please, tell us. Hope you'll hear.

And... Happy new year :)

Archived