Deconstruction Staff & Percentage of Return

Ispin69

According to wiki: When used on a craftable Structure, the Deconstruction Staff returns 100% of the ingredients needed to craft it. However, when used on an Item, the Staff will return a percentage of the materials equal to the remaining durability, rounded up.

So if I use the deconstruction staff on a 38% thulecite suit, that means I get less than the 6 thulecite back, correct? So I should probably only use it on 100% thulecite suits to maximize return? I used the construction amulet to make the deconstruction staff and a 100% thulecite suit but wondering if using it on a used 38% thulecite suit is not a good idea.

I assume you're using the deconstruction/construction method on suits to farm for thulecite? In that case, it depends how many green gems you have and how much you value them. If I were you I'd probably save my uses and not use it on a well-worn suit.

Yes, farming thulecite. Maybe I should wait until I finish all the ruins before doing this? Currently in my first ruins with only 4 green gems left. Will explore second cave and second ruin soon. I have green gems and just itching to use them I guess.

60% on my construction amulet / 100% on my deconstruction staff / 10 thulecite and 22 fragments (3 thulecite and 4 frags?)

Kinda late here, but I just want to be sure. You know how to get only green gems from statues, right? :) You can exit and enter the game - every time you do this, the gem color in statue changes. Keep doing this to get desired one (green one, of course).

Archived