[Don't Starve Together] Connection to Klei failed!

Same as yesterday afternoon, from France : ...That thing is sort of gatekeeper of this whole "online game" business...

Playable last night and this morning.

EU server down again?

Thank you and good luck for fixing it asap :p

Edit : It's time to press the "panic button" if it's not already done, imo

Hello im from Poland. Suddenly I can't resume recent world (13 days) as a host, i can only start new one (without rollback option) and i cannot join any existing serwer. The same communicate "could't join Klei server blah blah blah"

This problem existing for 2 days. Happen suddenly, after i try to rollback game.

I reinstalled Avast, try to switch it off, and done every step by the book in such cases.

Game is awesome - but that thing make my angry.

Unrelated to that, we had a server hiccup this morning. That's what caused the problem for any Americans. We believe this to be resolved now and @Diabu and I are working to ensure it doesn't happen again.

@nome, the problem seems to be persisting in Canada when connecting to any and all Klei servers for me. I can see all the servers, but attempting to connect results in the "Could Not Connect" screen.

2 hours ago, cezarica said:

Has anyone bothered to try changing DNS settings to a free service like OpenDNS by setting your DNS options to 208.67.220.220 and 208.67.222.222 ?

A friend of mine had the same issue and switching helped him out with this issue.

yep, i changed DNS and was able to connect and resume my game, or to join any online server.

For now, everything is fine.

On 12.10.2016 at 9:46 PM, nome said:

OK, that means you're still hitting a google cloud services IP instead of an amazon IP - so either you've got the old version cached, or the GeoDNS change I made didn't affect you.

• Can you get to the google search engine or gmail?
  • Can you give me your IP address? A site like whatsmyip.net is a good way to get this.

Have the same problem, that is my IP:  52.74.178.5 Can u help me? I'm from Ukraine, if u need

Да, у меня есть такая же проблема тоже, я покупаю не голодают вместе , чтобы играть с моим другом , и у нас есть такая же проблема подключения, пытался запустить игру от имени администратора, попытался отключить межсетевой экран, антивирус, ничего не помогает .  :(

Я из  Укр, Одессы . Вот мой файл журнала

client_log.txt

• Developer

First. please try going to https://login.kleientertainment.com/HealthCheck in your browser. You should see "OK". If you do and the game still isn't working, please send your client log to support.

If not, first step is to figure out why you're not going to the right place. Find out what IP you're going to - if it's not google cloud or AWS, your connection is being hijacked by something (maybe a virus, maybe antivirus, maybe a weird ISP thing?) We'll have to figure that out based on what non-Klei server you're being sent to (for example, one of the above posters had a traceroute that pretty strongly pointed to antivirus as the cause).

OpenDNS and Google DNS (8.8.8.8) are good things to try if you're having problems. If they help, you can either leave them in place or use that information to help figure out what was wrong with your original DNS settings.

Sorry for the inconvenience folks! 

On 10/18/2016 at 7:04 PM, nome said:

First. please try going to https://login.kleientertainment.com/HealthCheck in your browser. You should see "OK". If you do and the game still isn't working, please send your client log to support.

If not, first step is to figure out why you're not going to the right place. Find out what IP you're going to - if it's not google cloud or AWS, your connection is being hijacked by something (maybe a virus, maybe antivirus, maybe a weird ISP thing?) We'll have to figure that out based on what non-Klei server you're being sent to (for example, one of the above posters had a traceroute that pretty strongly pointed to antivirus as the cause).

OpenDNS and Google DNS (8.8.8.8) are good things to try if you're having problems. If they help, you can either leave them in place or use that information to help figure out what was wrong with your original DNS settings.

Sorry for the inconvenience folks! 

mine is ok

and 

client_log.txt

germany

Archived