How can I mod a craftable item?

Hello, people.

I am making a mod currently, (i have talked about this is other topic pages) a character mod, with 3 characters. I am working on the character part well, and have some progress, but for one of my characters, (i'm putting in 3 of them) i want her to have a craftable item. As well as it being craftable, i want it an exclusive item for that character, and i need it to also be a placeable item (for example, like a lightning rod, or crock pot.) The reason i am coming to the klei forums for this inquiry, is because i can't find any help any where on the internet, or youtube. I haven't started making the item yet, as i still need to start on the CHARACTER, before i can even work on the item.

It would help a lot, if anyone decided to help on this project of mine, and can have a prototype-copy if they so choose, once i have okay progress, and it's playable. :congratulatory:

Message me, or put a reply below if you want any more information, tips, or advice on the mod, (anyone who's interested, i already have an artist working on the mod, no need to worry) and have a good day.

hu dude, I don't wanna be rude but there's prototypes like .... everywhere you could look

example : Warly, so you'd just need to look at how klei does this. willow also has her lighter....

Also on the workshop there's like at least 100 characters with unique items ....

I don't have Shipwrecked or DST... only on console do I have it. And also, it shouldn't be something that you start off with, it's knowledge that you start off with. Like willow, (in DST) but you don't start off with the lighter. Basically, I'm trying to say that it's player specific items that you have to craft... and place. Kinda like Warly and his crockpot, but instead of just starting off with it, you craft it.

I hope this makes sense, (somehow, but it probably doesn't) and, uh... yeah.

yeah, that's kinda what i mean. Like wicker's (I call her wicker, instead of wickerbottom) books, which are:

A. Player specific

B. You have to craft them, instead of starting off with them. 

Thanks for understanding. But yeah, that's kind of what i mean.

Archived