Ambarina's Artsy Stuff

Ambarina

14 hours ago, Ambarina said:

I'm in none of those, though I'm considering playing Don't Starve (I know, I know...). I have a dA, my name is Violeta960, and I'm Ambarina90 on Steam. 

Thanks again!

Found you on DA! Now it's all up to what you want ;).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ambarina said:

A bunnycorn. Colored with markers. I was considering coloring it blue/purple but realized that white looked good too.

bunnycorn18032017.jpg

Looks cute though I have a strange fear that it will rip my face off.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Donke60 said:

Looks cute though I have a strange fear that it will rip my face off.

Monty Python jokes. ariel ID face.png

16 hours ago, Ambarina said:
  1. bunnycorn18032017.jpg 
  2. I was considering coloring it blue/purple but realized that white looked good too.
  1. Cute~! Ears could use a little work but I love how it turned out.
  2. The blue really helped. Maybe if you added some violet to shade the ears, the ears will show some definition. Same with the eyes.
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, minespatch said:

I remember seeing the first one on Skype, nice to see the rest of the set.

Thank you! Do you have any criticism to make? (Other that I should have used pencils instead of markers because the coloring is bad)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ambarina said:

Do you have any criticism to make?

https://copicmarkertutorials.com/

You could look up these tutorials?

Other way you could improve is by making them have different poses instead of just having them stand. Since these are actual people, you could look up their photos and figure out certain poses they have been in to get a better feel for what you want to make.

One of your weak points is feet. Try looking up feet tutorials and draw feet before working on shoes.

Edited by minespatch
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

https://copicmarkertutorials.com/

You could look up these tutorials?

Other way you could improve is by making them have different poses instead of just having them stand. Since these are actual people, you could look up their photos and figure out certain poses they have been in to get a better feel for what you want to make.

Thank you. I don't use Copics (too expensive) but I'm sure the tutorials can help me.

I made the first two to get an idea of their appearances. The second batch was me giving them different poses. I'll draw them again interacting.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ambarina said:

Thanks. Could you tell me what needs improvement?

You have a bad habit of making one arm shorter/longer than the other when you draw a bending arm. It's a common mistake, so there's no need to worry, but I recommend you pay attention to the length of both next time you draw. Also, I noticed that you tend to make one eyeball a bit more misshapen than the other. Try to make them a bit more circular/oval-shaped. These are common mistakes, so you don't need to worry if you don't end up fixing them, but the small steps count.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mack18853 said:

You have a bad habit of making one arm shorter/longer than the other when you draw a bending arm. It's a common mistake, so there's no need to worry, but I recommend you pay attention to the length of both next time you draw. Also, I noticed that you tend to make one eyeball a bit more misshapen than the other. Try to make them a bit more circular/oval-shaped. These are common mistakes, so you don't need to worry if you don't end up fixing them, but the small steps count.

Thanks for pointing that out, if I do that myself, I'll be able to thank you personally if I ever do that mistake as well.

• Like 1

I'M BAAAAAAACK!!!

I haven't uploaded anything in months because I've been very buys with many things and because I haven't had much motivation to draw.

5ab057b636172_heathercolor.thumb.jpg.7588344cfe755464e136dfc15fb7527c.jpg

This one is from December 2016, not sure why I didn't post it before. Moondragon from Marvel comics if she had her father's skin color from the movies. Colored with Adobe Photoshop.

lyllamejor13022018.thumb.jpg.d1ad7c30af16896cd01690ca6cd1ec99.jpg

Concept of Lylla the otter in a movie-based setting. Based on the Telltale videogame version. Colored with pencils.

lyllaroca14032018.thumb.jpg.fb14c5ae331d7649077b426bfd6735fc.jpg

Lylla holding a rock. Also with pencils.

BJsketch14032018.thumb.jpg.0262e9ce4fc972cf8bde91c3926f9b4b.jpg

Sketch for a similarly "more realistic" Blackjack O'Hare. Not sure whether to keep him like this or change something. The legs and feet are driving me nuts. I've read that the only way an anthro animal could stand and walk on its toes and keep balance is to have a huge butt so...

Criticism welcomed. ^^

• Like 3

4 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Otter?! 0u0

Yup, she loves rabbits and otters. A very big fan of Marvel's Lylla too. I highly recommend checking out a youtube narrationless walkthrough of Lylla in the Telltale Guardians of the Galaxy game.

Looking forward to Blackjack's finished design. I remember you showing me the finished Lylla the other day.:wilson_dorky:

• Like 1

On 20/3/2018 at 1:58 AM, minespatch said:

Yup, she loves rabbits and otters. A very big fan of Marvel's Lylla too. I highly recommend checking out a youtube narrationless walkthrough of Lylla in the Telltale Guardians of the Galaxy game.

Looking forward to Blackjack's finished design. I remember you showing me the finished Lylla the other day.:wilson_dorky:

5abbcc57afe7f_BlackjackMCU23032018.thumb.jpg.d3bb3c402ae1608691aaf529968bf9a5.jpg

Here he is!

• Like 3