Ambarina

Ambarina's Artsy Stuff

95 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Ambarina said:

I'm in none of those, though I'm considering playing Don't Starve (I know, I know...). I have a dA, my name is Violeta960, and I'm Ambarina90 on Steam. 

Thanks again!

Found you on DA! Now it's all up to what you want ;).

2 people like this

3 hours ago, Ambarina said:

A bunnycorn. Colored with markers. I was considering coloring it blue/purple but realized that white looked good too.

bunnycorn18032017.jpg

Looks cute though I have a strange fear that it will rip my face off.

1 person likes this

16 hours ago, Donke60 said:

Looks cute though I have a strange fear that it will rip my face off.

Monty Python jokes. ariel ID face.png

16 hours ago, Ambarina said:
  1. bunnycorn18032017.jpg 
  2. I was considering coloring it blue/purple but realized that white looked good too.
  1. Cute~! Ears could use a little work but I love how it turned out.
  2. The blue really helped. Maybe if you added some violet to shade the ears, the ears will show some definition. Same with the eyes.
2 people like this

A self-portrait, in one of my favorite outfits. Drawn and colored with pencils. 

selffashion.jpg

2 people like this

You've shown improvement. I like the light hatching on the dress while the bright pink has a different technique going on.

2 people like this

On 30/3/2017 at 2:53 AM, minespatch said:

You've shown improvement. I like the light hatching on the dress while the bright pink has a different technique going on.

Thank you! 

1 person likes this

old old old Steam Powered Giraffe drawings I just finished. The first one is how they started, the second one is how they were when I drew the picture (then the redhead left and got replaced).

spg130032017.jpg

spg230032017.jpg

1 person likes this

More Steam Powered Giraffe fanart. The first one is the current members: Rabbit, The Spine and Zero. The second one os the former members: The Jon, Hatchworth and Upgrade.

SPG 102042017 copia.jpg

SPG 202042017.jpg

1 person likes this

Your art is.... okay. I'm not saying it's awful, or that I could do better, but there is room for improvement.

1 person likes this

I remember seeing the first one on Skype, nice to see the rest of the set.

8 hours ago, Mack18853 said:

Your art is.... okay. I'm not saying it's awful, or that I could do better, but there is room for improvement.

Thanks. Could you tell me what needs improvement?

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, minespatch said:

I remember seeing the first one on Skype, nice to see the rest of the set.

Thank you! Do you have any criticism to make? (Other that I should have used pencils instead of markers because the coloring is bad)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, Ambarina said:

Do you have any criticism to make?

https://copicmarkertutorials.com/

You could look up these tutorials?

Other way you could improve is by making them have different poses instead of just having them stand. Since these are actual people, you could look up their photos and figure out certain poses they have been in to get a better feel for what you want to make.

One of your weak points is feet. Try looking up feet tutorials and draw feet before working on shoes.

Edited by minespatch
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

https://copicmarkertutorials.com/

You could look up these tutorials?

Other way you could improve is by making them have different poses instead of just having them stand. Since these are actual people, you could look up their photos and figure out certain poses they have been in to get a better feel for what you want to make.

Thank you. I don't use Copics (too expensive) but I'm sure the tutorials can help me.

I made the first two to get an idea of their appearances. The second batch was me giving them different poses. I'll draw them again interacting.

2 people like this

4 hours ago, Ambarina said:

Thanks. Could you tell me what needs improvement?

You have a bad habit of making one arm shorter/longer than the other when you draw a bending arm. It's a common mistake, so there's no need to worry, but I recommend you pay attention to the length of both next time you draw. Also, I noticed that you tend to make one eyeball a bit more misshapen than the other. Try to make them a bit more circular/oval-shaped. These are common mistakes, so you don't need to worry if you don't end up fixing them, but the small steps count.

2 people like this

5 minutes ago, Mack18853 said:

You have a bad habit of making one arm shorter/longer than the other when you draw a bending arm. It's a common mistake, so there's no need to worry, but I recommend you pay attention to the length of both next time you draw. Also, I noticed that you tend to make one eyeball a bit more misshapen than the other. Try to make them a bit more circular/oval-shaped. These are common mistakes, so you don't need to worry if you don't end up fixing them, but the small steps count.

Thanks for pointing that out, if I do that myself, I'll be able to thank you personally if I ever do that mistake as well.

1 person likes this

Just now, minespatch said:

Thanks for pointing that out, if I do that myself, I'll be able to thank you personally if I ever do that mistake as well.

Anytime, my dude.

thumbs up from dojima.png

2 people like this