LF Casual Survival Server w/ Friendly Players

I like servers like this, I at the moment only play one DST server, got 69 hours total in DST in just over 2 weeks I should say.

Does anyone know of a server or could invite me to a server where a filthy casual Wilson can play and enjoy his time? I like servers with friendly and trustworthy players since I don't see the point of playing a game called Don't Starve Together when people buy the game and make it

"Join at day 24 and eat everything out of the Icebox Simulator 2016"

Hope someone can point me in the right direction - I like making big bases where I don't come back after a day out of adventuring to find my fridge raided.

10 minutes ago, HoveringOnions said:

Sure, I am not amazing at DST - 69 Hours and havent even gone down to explore the caves..

Hey, that's no point to be ashamed! The surface is very interesting too.

The plan of our group is to remake our Pure Vanilla server on Terry 2.0, on the live branch: after a few switches, it was decided Pigman would run ANR while Terry stuck to the live branch - mostly for Multi-Worlds DST. It would have two shards, the surface set to Spawn Plus (a bit of starting resources, more mobs) and just a couple of utility mods (AFK Detection, Drop Stuff on Kick, Moderator Commands, Tell Me...) with at least 16 slots. The individual settings could be adjusted as you want them too (that's why it's a good idea to ask for things now).

The plus of the group? Not two reasonable machines. Not even active admins all the time. Members who are checked against griefing and love cooperation, showing some extra tips included. Do you think you may be interested? Here's the link: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/keeperworld

Oh. If you want good, civilised PVP, I strongly recommend any server @raoglu hosts.

10 minutes ago, Arlesienne said:

The plan of our group is to remake our Pure Vanilla server on Terry 2.0, on the live branch: after a few switches, it was decided Pigman would run ANR while Terry stuck to the live branch - mostly for Multi-Worlds DST. It would have two shards, the surface set to Spawn Plus (a bit of starting resources, more mobs) and just a couple of utility mods (AFK Detection, Drop Stuff on Kick, Moderator Commands, Tell Me...) with at least 16 slots. The individual settings could be adjusted as you want them too (that's why it's a good idea to ask for things now).

The plus of the group? Not two reasonable machines. Not even active admins all the time. Members who are checked against griefing and love cooperation, showing some extra tips included. Do you think you may be interested? Here's the link: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/keeperworld

Oh. If you want good, civilised PVP, I strongly recommend any server @raoglu hosts.

I have no idea who Terry and or Pigman is, but a server where people are checked against griefing and love cooperation sounds great. I like helping the odd newcomer who joins in the middle of winter - I have never been a type that would just run with the pack on Day 1 since I have so many ideas that I would like to pull off every day I start a server again.

I'm definitely interested, going to check the link now.

No good at PVP - Unless its a turn based pvp kind of pvp like in card games - not great at them but I'm alright.

16 minutes ago, Arlesienne said:

Read the writing on the page, personal chesters for everyone is something I never thought would be such an amazing idea, since I never thought of it. I normally find Chester and never put things in him because of the random day 1 player who finds me with him, and their first instinct is to open his hatch up.

I always had to make signs when I left my base like 

"If you need food from my fridge, please ask - dont steal!"

Its nice to see it being enforced in the group Overview Page.

How do I go about getting a Membership for this group?

My steam profile :) http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198071123520/

Lovely! The odd names belong to the two machines hosting servers - to easily reference what world is kept where.

Personal Chesters are simply cute - and they actually travel between shards! As for helping yourself to things in containers, if it's built by me, it's fine, especially when it is a person we know, like a forum member, but blessedly there's pretty little need to remind people to ask - just to be nice to each other.

The membership is by invitation to know who joins (the servers are usually public and having regulars you can count on for help can't be overvalued), but I want everyone to join willingly, so the normal procedure is:

- browse the server list

- pick one of the servers or ask for a new one

- play with us for a bit

- make up your mind if you'd like to get notifications when we play

You can see my nick on the group page, so if you don't mind, I will add you now :).

57 minutes ago, HoveringOnions said:

How do I find this server - What would I search for, sorry I am playing Hearthstone Ranked so I'm a bit half and half at the moment!!

At the moment I'm nearly done packing as I'm coming home, I'll probably not manage to launch any on Sunday (700 KM before me). The servers aren't dedicated, because I don't want them running 24/7 unsupervised. It makes for griefers' playgrounds and bad press. Normally, as my work tends to have me online for most of the day, members just poke me and ask for their server of choice to be opened, then join through invitations, but the server names can be used to find them too - I just have to be online then to keep an eye on them :).

11 minutes ago, HoveringOnions said:

Ah I see. Makes sense.

There used to be the concept of putting up dedicated servers, but seeing just how much hassle it is while there's pretty much no difference now, tech-wise, I dropped it. Vote-griefing had been very "popular" recently. We have Moderator Commands so that trustworthy members have moderator privileges as I'm quite paranoid when it comes to ensuring everyone is having a nice time. Griefers cannot be eliminated entirely, but we are fairly resistant to them with the precautions taken.

13 hours ago, Arlesienne said:

There used to be the concept of putting up dedicated servers, but seeing just how much hassle it is while there's pretty much no difference now, tech-wise, I dropped it. Vote-griefing had been very "popular" recently. We have Moderator Commands so that trustworthy members have moderator privileges as I'm quite paranoid when it comes to ensuring everyone is having a nice time. Griefers cannot be eliminated entirely, but we are fairly resistant to them with the precautions taken.

Yeah I get where you're coming from, sometimes though Paranoia could be a sign of how much you care for your community? :)

I can't say I have experienced the vote grieifng before, but I've heard and read forum posts about it. I've been griefed by the typical Join in the Winter and eat everyones food. The server I played on has Fire and Wall Protection so when I was living in a pig fortress for a while, they couldn't torch it down. Preeetttttyyyy useful.

I'll love to start whenever you prepare everything again :D I average like 5 hours a day on this game over the past 2 weeks, but its definitely more than that. (Played for a good 7 hours maybe yesterday, can't get enough of it since I brought it!) Can't get enough of this game, even if it is starting over every single day, I still get the urge of excitement starting up the new world.

27 minutes ago, HoveringOnions said:

Yeah I get where you're coming from, sometimes though Paranoia could be a sign of how much you care for your community? :)

I can't say I have experienced the vote grieifng before, but I've heard and read forum posts about it. I've been griefed by the typical Join in the Winter and eat everyones food. The server I played on has Fire and Wall Protection so when I was living in a pig fortress for a while, they couldn't torch it down. Preeetttttyyyy useful.

I'll love to start whenever you prepare everything again :D I average like 5 hours a day on this game over the past 2 weeks, but its definitely more than that. (Played for a good 7 hours maybe yesterday, can't get enough of it since I brought it!) Can't get enough of this game, even if it is starting over every single day, I still get the urge of excitement starting up the new world.

Then we will start a new world together!

9 minutes ago, Arlesienne said:

Then we will start a new world together!

Hooray!

I am starting to learn how to "better prepare" myself, then thinking "Oh this would be cool for a base" idea.

I think having 12 berry bushes, a small tree forest, 4 crockpots and 4 drying racks by 10 days wasn't a bad start off midway through Autumn.

1 hour ago, HoveringOnions said:

Hooray!

I am starting to learn how to "better prepare" myself, then thinking "Oh this would be cool for a base" idea.

I think having 12 berry bushes, a small tree forest, 4 crockpots and 4 drying racks by 10 days wasn't a bad start off midway through Autumn.

That's a stunning case of efficiency!

I tend to move around and enjoy small bases spread around many biomes, hence it's not common for me to replant berrybushes (I go wild with drying racks and tracks though ;)), so your extreme basebuilding skills fill me with awe.

13 minutes ago, Arlesienne said:

That's a stunning case of efficiency!

I tend to move around and enjoy small bases spread around many biomes, hence it's not common for me to replant berrybushes (I go wild with drying racks and tracks though ;)), so your extreme basebuilding skills fill me with awe.

When I'm determined to do it, I can get myself a stack of grass, 2-3 stacks of wood, 50-60 charcoal and some sticks and flint by day 3. Not very hard when you get a good spawn near a big forest and a savannah!

Edit: Spend some time finding gold and get a stack of stone and flint normally, and about 10-15 gold nuggets and I am fine to just find beefs most of the time for manure for my advanced farms. Lucky me to plant 4 seeds yesterday and have a dragonfruit in the batch, had 4 dragonfruits that I didn't need to harvest throughout winter, emergency supply I guess.

Archived