DST For League of Legend Fans

Hey everyone,

I have recently created a server with a lot of different characters including League of Legends. More importanly, however, I have been seeing alot of grief with people ruining servers. I also have installed the mod "Fix Multiplayer" which minimizes griefers. I recently installed caves as well. Please come check my server out info is below.

Server Name: DST League of Legends Caves|Arena & More
Server IP: 198.204.228.154
Server Port: 11499
Server Mods:?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|188:88&composite-to%3D%2A%2C%2A%7C188%3A88&background-color=black

Also any suggestions would be nice. Please don't flame though I am new to this game.

*All credit goes to those people who created the mods (God bless their soul), because I would never have the time to create a mod.*

OK, welcome to the forums. I'd like to learn more about your endeavour.

1. What are your hosting station's specs?

2. What are the server settings?

3. Do you have a closed group?

4. Are admins on all the time of each session?

Regarding Fix Multiplayer, you will want to watch out and consider using just Drop Stuff on Kick and @Muche's excellent Moderator Commands, because you can easily lock yourself out of chests and so on. It also has a history of bugging. And Smarter Crockpot bugs with pretty much everything. I would get rid of it as my first action. People can either try Craftpot (which is client-side too) or simply use the wiki. This will ensure you have noticeably less crashes and by such, disappointed clients. Also, the links are the same. Is it intentional? I'm not discussing character mods, because while many are overpowered, it is your choice. I'm looking forward to your reply :).

Ok sorry about links I copied them from steam forums and it somehow messed up corrected links below.

To answer your questions:

1. I use a company called Game Hosting and I have starter pack for deticated servers.

2. I pretty much have everything on default but map is set to huge and winter is set to short.  Should have did summer I know lol.

3. I have a group of friends that play, however, I am looking for more.

4. Currently I am only admin, but I am looking for more.

I use the mods "Ownership" and "Modify Ownership" for chests so the locking out of chests should, key word should, be impossible.  I will definately install "Moderator Commands" and I currently dont have "Smarter Crockpot" must be a bug with my link.  I did notice that some of the characters are indeed overpowered (Gaben, holy crap) so I nerfed a few in the script settings.  I could use some help in eliminating some of the characters.  I have a teamspeak server as well.  All I am really looking forward to is getting a good group of people that enjoy the game and working on the server together.  I have been playing the game for almost a month now and could use some more experienced players.

Mods link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=761568743

3 hours ago, superjerome said:

Ok sorry about links I copied them from steam forums and it somehow messed up corrected links below.

To answer your questions:

1. I use a company called Game Hosting and I have starter pack for deticated servers.

2. I pretty much have everything on default but map is set to huge and winter is set to short.  Should have did summer I know lol.

3. I have a group of friends that play, however, I am looking for more.

4. Currently I am only admin, but I am looking for more.

I use the mods "Ownership" and "Modify Ownership" for chests so the locking out of chests should, key word should, be impossible.  I will definately install "Moderator Commands" and I currently dont have "Smarter Crockpot" must be a bug with my link.  I did notice that some of the characters are indeed overpowered (Gaben, holy crap) so I nerfed a few in the script settings.  I could use some help in eliminating some of the characters.  I have a teamspeak server as well.  All I am really looking forward to is getting a good group of people that enjoy the game and working on the server together.  I have been playing the game for almost a month now and could use some more experienced players.

Mods link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=761568743

Thanks a lot, it's always great to hear back from hosts! Don't worry about the links either: the forums are very formatting-sensitive. For instance I somehow have a gift for botching quote tags ;). To reply to the points...

1. Game Hosting, Game Hosting... Please tell me if this is the right company: http://[removed]/dedicated-game-servers/ - I'm interested in what stuff they host your server on as there are several key elements, RAM and the processor being the most important. For example for RAM, you want 16 GB or more.

2. If you plan to have more than six player slots, I'd advise putting world regrowth rate to fast or very fast (fast works fine). This will ensure that while there won't be any sort of overabundance, everyone moving around the map should have enough resources. And yeah, I'm a fan of winter and autumn in DST, so short winter saddens me :P.

3. You should be able to find nice people through the forums. I pretty much only recruit here now on top of the guys joining our public servers.

4. Moderator Commands allow appointing moderators - you will want to stop the server when there's nobody capable of keeping an eye on the behaviour. That's an issue with dedis - they normally run 24/7 and that's why griefers first join dedis.

I have heard good things about Ownership and Modify Ownership. I'm recalling the situation when the despawning went wrong due to a dashboard bug and we ended up despawned, AKA locked out of our belongings for five days using Fix Multiplayer. If you don't despawn players, you should be fine ;).

Hearing you nerf characters through the LUA delights me. There's always this possibility. And if you would like some recommendations on mods, both character ones and other kinds, I will be glad to help you. Our little group has both vanilla and modded worlds, so it's always handy to have another opinion. My suggestion on top of everything: AFK Detection and Tell Me are your friends. Always ;). The first one gives a player a temporary godmode after 30-120 seconds of standing still, which is perfect for those unexpected phone calls, the other displays more information on right-click (like the health of mobs, uses of items etc.). You are always welcome to visit, ask the members if they'd like to join you or just play with us too.

Archived