Farm or racks? I think i did good for my first run on dont starve shipwrecked.

Ok. I just played my first world on shipwrecked and i finally died. I think i did well. I made it as far as day 57 which is the start of the monsoon season. I had some problems though. I made many drying racks, but was not able to get enough jerky at all due to constant raining in hurricane season and monsoon season. So maybe i was thinking that farms are the way to go in shipwrecked to me. Any way about how i died. It was night and it was raining very hard. A lot of wind as well. Then all of a sudden my character says: "That sounded big!" (was playing as Wilson). Since i have already played the rog and dont starve together i immediately run very far from my base, thinking some kind of giant would be coming. And then a monster called a sealando was right infront of me and hit me once. I made 2 torches and lit the whole forest on fire. I was trying to run but the wind was going the opposite direction and my movement was crippled. I was able to get away but i tried to get spiders to attack and then got poisoned. I was only at 30 hp left. I had to get anti venom and it was raining and there was lots of lightning. I went in the ocean, but before i reached there i got struck by lightning repeatedly. I died. Though i did have a touch stone and had supplies for when i got revived, when i was about to reach my chest for the left items in there lightning had struck it. My lightning rod was probably not close enough to it so then all my stuff turned to ash. Barely able to survive i was able to make it to monsoon season, but then died to hounds and insanity. How unlucky i am. Anyway so far that i have been playing drying racks havent been very usefull to me as of right now. Is it better i should use the farms? Crops grow faster in rain and meat cant dry in rain.  

Archived