modinfo.lua & extended configuration ?

whismerhill

hi,

Is it possible to make a user configuration option that would enable more configuration options ?
example :

Spoiler

{
		name = "CustomSortConf",
		label = "Custom sorting order",
		options =
		{
			{description = "Yes", data = true},
			{description = "No", data = false},
		},
		default = false,
	},
	if GetModConfigData("CustomSortConf") then 
	{
		{
			name = "Placement1Conf",
			label = "First group of items",
			options =
			{
				{description = "Weapons", data = "w"},
				{description = "Lights", data = "l"},
				{description = "Tools", data = "t"},
				{description = "Books", data = "b"},
				{description = "Equips", data = "e"},
				{description = "Foods", data = "f"},
				{description = "Others", data = "o"},
			},

EDIT: additionally I can't seem to make "hover =" work, is this option limited to don't starve together only ? http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/48526-configurable-hunger-mod/?page=0#comment-599124

1 hour ago, Mobbstar said:

That is not possible using the current API. You could make a mod to expand the API though :p

And yes, hover text is DST exclusive as of now.

you can do that ? O_o

imho there's actually 3 needs for mods configuration :

- hover text in ds (& not just dst)

-ability to enable/disable configuration item on the fly based on other configuration items : example usage : I have a sorting mod who sorts objets based on type, I have expanded upon it to allow custom sorting  and there's a global customsorting = true variable, as well as interactions between items who should not be possible at the configuration stage (I have a check in the code that disable custom sorting afterward though in case of wrong config)

- ability to declare new binds that would appear both as a config option in the mod menu & be linked as well to the user option panel : why ? that way when you add new binds/controls, the player can access all his binds in one place, instead of say : 4 (3 mods with keybinds + don't starve keybinds makes 4 locations)

Archived