Duplicants?

I was just wondering, are the Duplicants randomly generated via mixing together different assets like hair styles, names, bios, stats, ect, or are they set characters? I was just curious cause I thought they were randomly made, but in the stream the devs talked like the characters were set in stone (For example "Mozzarella is a favorite in the office" or "My Stinkie barfed himself to death" or that "Gossman" was the Duplicants last name, not first)

On 9/11/2016 at 3:38 PM, roydbt said:

From the live-streams it seems to use random, for example there are 2 Gossman: female and male.

but my guess is there will be for each duplicant one set of assets with one pair of stats, because after all, they are duplicates of people.

On 11/9/2016 at 9:38 AM, roydbt said:

From the live-streams it seems to use random, for example there are 2 Gossman: female and male.

I'd like to know if there is a feature that tells you whether a duplicant is male or female. Since I find the appearance and some names (surnames?) a bit ambiguous.

30 minutes ago, Soto8969 said:

Hair? Or maybe they have no gender :o

Could be... I mean, maybe it's irrelevant... maybe not...

My concern is about sharing rooms, early on I plan to make a room for 2-3 people and later separate them into personal rooms, and maybe gender would be an issue when duplicants share rooms, since I feel that would rise stress instead of decreasing it? I don't know... I'm speculating way too much... I want this game SOO badly...

31 minutes ago, Octyabr said:

Could be... I mean, maybe it's irrelevant... maybe not...

My concern is about sharing rooms, early on I plan to make a room for 2-3 people and later separate them into personal rooms, and maybe gender would be an issue when duplicants share rooms, since I feel that would rise stress instead of decreasing it? I don't know... I'm speculating way too much... I want this game SOO badly...

in the about section below their stats they sometime refer to the duplicant as he/she

Archived