ScienceMachine

On 9/2/2016 at 0:34 PM, Walter0 said:

I know I missed them because it is hard to connect parts from them. I can make only a few more, sorry :/

k7HRtTD.pngYXARbXR.pngq3CQf2y.png

On 9/1/2016 at 11:13 PM, MatheusR31 said:

14224685_569861119879074_378455556193272

On 9/2/2016 at 11:36 AM, Walter0 said:

New Cratered Moonrock.pngNew Ocuvigil.png

New update stuff from the DST stoof.

29 minutes ago, minespatch said:

New update stuff from the DST stoof.

Aha, well, The Meatwork Knight did appear on a full moon so take what you will, I guess.

But otherwise, I think I'll shelve the concept for a later date when it makes sense to have a flesh and bone golem muck about the land.

In the meantime ...

Shaving.png

How do I make him more monstrous and less furry?

9 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Oh man, imagine the wrestling tournaments between him and Woodie.

Wait, he has two sets of eyes now? Is this due to messing around with limits?

The eyes are something to distract people from how furry he looks.

I figured the reason why he mutated was because he wanted more power; to have more power, you need a stronger vessel; for some inexplicable reason, his brain decided that a hound mutation is a good idea.

Probably coughs up nightmare fuel occasionally.

6 hours ago, ScienceMachine said:

Meatwork.png

Reaching in the depths of my mind and memories, I've managed this much. It is horrendous compared to Tetsuo Wolfman. Still thinking of making changes so he's more monstrous than furry.

What a beautiful mind...

4 hours ago, ScienceMachine said:

Shaving.png

How do I make him more monstrous and less furry?

1. Give him a mirror.

2. Give him a razor.

On 12/09/2016 at 8:00 PM, Arlesienne said:

What a beautiful mind...

Thank you, I think. Definitely could use a lot of refining on the Meatwork Knight, just because they deserve it at least.

On 12/09/2016 at 8:00 PM, Arlesienne said:

1. Give him a mirror.
2. Give him a razor.

You wish it was that easy. Having fur that magically regrows the moment you shave it off makes it really hard to keep a clean look.

but also

Anger.png

Can't forget that the dude is an overpowered jerk  of a psychic.

Suggestions for a corrupted form are welcomed, but the way~ Maybe a few suggestions for art in general; I can't guarantee those ideas getting drawn, but it'd help pass the time for me.

3 hours ago, minespatch said:

You could still play around with the therian type but maybe mess around with the psychic elements and the shadow creatures so he has element of the wolves and other type of beasts.

Beast Master.png

I could mold his psychic powers like that, and I can totally see him becoming the wolfman later down the line, breaking the limit on his beast master powers and general psychic abilities, causing a massive mix up between the two.

3 hours ago, minespatch said:

I imagine his second set of eyes are hidden behind his massive brows.

Brows.png

I mean, no points guessing that. :v Though, I didn't draw his brows in earlier because I figured he ran out of headspace for those massive things.

By the by, for those wondering what's the difference between magic and psychic powers is external and internal.

If Maxwell uses the codex umbra and ritual, William uses his mind. Magic is easier because the energy is provided through ritual.

Psychic abilities is tougher because you have to pool all that energy by yourself.

On 12.09.2016 at 3:36 PM, ScienceMachine said:

Thank you, I think. Definitely could use a lot of refining on the Meatwork Knight, just because they deserve it at least.

You wish it was that easy. Having fur that magically regrows the moment you shave it off makes it really hard to keep a clean look.

but also

Anger.png

Can't forget that the dude is an overpowered jerk ass of a psychic.

Suggestions for a corrupted form are welcomed, but the way~ Maybe a few suggestions for art in general; I can't guarantee those ideas getting drawn, but it'd help pass the time for me.

You're welcome, he's really relatable. About suggestions, have you considered how Maxwell reacts to the treatment of William by Charlie? Given that she is on the Nightmare Throne now, and with much more freedom than Maxwell had, as well as personal grudges against the former king, she could play them both. And this would allow such themes as roses, marble and moonrocks. There are moonrock versions of hounds and werepigs now in A New Reign beta. Perhaps the power Charlie wields attracts William and his own abilities change?

5 hours ago, minespatch said:

Not saying it's a good thing.ariel ID face.png

It's a lovely skull.

5 hours ago, Arlesienne said:
5 hours ago, minespatch said:

Also, I think being connected to the Codex Umbra is like enslavement while using your free will with psychic powers is totally on the user.

Although both (may?) corrupt.

Well, of course. As the saying goes: power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely!

He's probably pooling from Shadow energies, but the more he pools, the powerful and more insane he gets. I suppose if I were to use gaming terms, he breaks his limit by going past 0 on the sanity meter.

And while he's "free" from Their grubby tar-ridden hands, his powers makes him more susceptible to corruption.

Also, Thelucian artifacts terrify the **** out of him, its awful power and the disgusting memories attached to them makes him sick, and as such he avoids the Underground. It's probably because they unconsciously remind him of himself, but without any memories to reconcile the emotions with, he suffers dissonance and gets a gnarly headache.

6 hours ago, Arlesienne said:

You're welcome, he's really relatable. About suggestions, have you considered how Maxwell reacts to the treatment of William by Charlie? Given that she is on the Nightmare Throne now, and with much more freedom than Maxwell had, as well as personal grudges against the former king, she could play them both. And this would allow such themes as roses, marble and moonrocks. There are moonrock versions of hounds and werepigs now in A New Reign beta. Perhaps the power Charlie wields attracts William and his own abilities change?

He does have grudge against Maxwell, much like every other for trapping him on the Isles. His character development starts when he and Maxwell finally gets to square off, the Dethroned King and the Mad Wizard in a battle of power, the Wizard failing miserably.

I don't think there's enough mechanics attached to moonrocks to really do much to William, other than maybe the Ocuvigil expanding his psychic sight to a disturbing degree. And maybe also terrify him some more because he's never really expanded his sight (ironically enough.)

19 minutes ago, ScienceMachine said:

It's a lovely skull.

Well, of course. As the saying goes: power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely!

He's probably pooling from Shadow energies, but the more he pools, the powerful and more insane he gets. I suppose if I were to use gaming terms, he breaks his limit by going past 0 on the sanity meter.

And while he's "free" from Their grubby tar-ridden hands, his powers makes him more susceptible to corruption.

Also, Thelucian artifacts terrify the **** out of him, its awful power and the disgusting memories attached to them makes him sick, and as such he avoids the Underground. It's probably because they unconsciously remind him of himself, but without any memories to reconcile the emotions with, he suffers dissonance and gets a gnarly headache.

He does have grudge against Maxwell, much like every other for trapping him on the Isles. His character development starts when he and Maxwell finally gets to square off, the Dethroned King and the Mad Wizard in a battle of power, the Wizard failing miserably.

I don't think there's enough mechanics attached to moonrocks to really do much to William, other than maybe the Ocuvigil expanding his psychic sight to a disturbing degree. And maybe also terrify him some more because he's never really expanded his sight (ironically enough.)

I wasn't talking simple mechanics here, but Charlie playing the two - already competing - men like puppets. You have a young woman who looked happy in the William Carter puzzles. Maxwell's playing with (shadow) fire effectively destroys whatever peace she used to enjoy. She is turned into a monster lurking in the dark - and only Maxwell's dethroning gives her enough self-control to approach Wilson. She has a good reason to wish to "play" with Maxwell - and what better than giving his foil more power?

24 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Dank-nozzle Will the magical.

Will remember that.png

14 minutes ago, Dannyrulx said:

Huh... That's odd. You've only been a member for about a year more than me, and I don't remember you at all...

So Hi! I'm the resident menace to RP's, runner of the first Mafia, and...

Almost three years and I've not done anything useful.

I did almost exclusively post in the art section. I hardly ran off to any other parts of the forum.

If you thought running RPs is useless, just wait till you find out what I've been doing for the good portion of my life~ EYYYYHHHH

12 minutes ago, Arlesienne said:

I wasn't talking simple mechanics here, but Charlie playing the two - already competing - men like puppets. You have a young woman who looked happy in the William Carter puzzles. Maxwell's playing with (shadow) fire effectively destroys whatever peace she used to enjoy. She is turned into a monster lurking in the dark - and only Maxwell's dethroning gives her enough self-control to approach Wilson. She has a good reason to wish to "play" with Maxwell - and what better than giving his foil more power?

I know who Charlie is, don't worry. :p

I guess Charlie picked up some of Maxwell's bad habits. Giving William powers is what got him in this mess in the first place, giving him more could also factor into his fall.

22 minutes ago, Dannyrulx said:

No, you don't understand I ran terrible RP's back in the day, and up until very recently my characters were OP godmodded messed with a dash of Mary Sue. At least artwork looks cool... :wilson_curious:.

I wanna say I've seen your avatar before, but American Psycho isn't exactly an obscure indie film.

and that's great! You're improving and decided that getting everything you want without effort is really boring.

and thank you!

Archived