My novel

LadyD

Excellent news, my congratulations! What genre has LadyD picked, I wonder?

Now a little bit of friendly advice stemming from working in letters: you may want to avoid this "your very own minor character" reward. First, you can't tell where the plot will take you. Thy may simply not fit. Secondly, people tend to assume they will get their own superheroes bordering on pure Sueism - and when their expectations are not fulfilled, bad blood happens. Designing an OC for another is a safer bet since they ultimately have to take responsibility for the creation.

Good luck!

40 minutes ago, Arlesienne said:

Excellent news, my congratulations! What genre has LadyD picked, I wonder?

Now a little bit of friendly advice stemming from working in letters: you may want to avoid this "your very own minor character" reward. First, you can't tell where the plot will take you. Thy may simply not fit. Secondly, people tend to assume they will get their own superheroes bordering on pure Sueism - and when their expectations are not fulfilled, bad blood happens. Designing an OC for another is a safer bet since they ultimately have to take responsibility for the creation.

Good luck!

Been debating over many things regarding that.

Genre- Fantasy. 
Its got magic, witches, vampires, werewolves and all sorts. 

10 minutes ago, LadyD said:

Been debating over many things regarding that.

Genre- Fantasy. 
Its got magic, witches, vampires, werewolves and all sorts. 

Excellent.

Fantasy is a natural human activity. It certainly does not destroy or even insult Reason; and it does not either blunt the appetite for, nor obscure the perception of, scientific verity. On the contrary. The keener and the clearer is the reason, the better fantasy will it make (...). If men really could not distinguish between frogs and men, fairy-stories about frog-kings would not have arisen.

11 minutes ago, Arlesienne said:

Excellent.

Fantasy is a natural human activity. It certainly does not destroy or even insult Reason; and it does not either blunt the appetite for, nor obscure the perception of, scientific verity. On the contrary. The keener and the clearer is the reason, the better fantasy will it make (...). If men really could not distinguish between frogs and men, fairy-stories about frog-kings would not have arisen.

I change rewards to - get to vote on a pet's name in the book :p 

I love Fantasy, I love the realm of imagination and all the 'what if' thoughts that I get to explore. 

16 minutes ago, Mobbstar said:

I feel suddenly compelled to invest hundreds of $$$. :D

Also where can I find your previous writings?

please do invest all the monies! I can't live off two minute noodles forever. 

I am pretty shy about my writings but I will be making some available soon- as I can think of a platform and a story that I dont mind sharing. 

14 minutes ago, LadyD said:

please do invest all the monies! I can't live off two minute noodles forever. 

I am pretty shy about my writings but I will be making some available soon- as I can think of a platform and a story that I dont mind sharing. 

On the last point, one word: Smashwords.

10 minutes ago, Arlesienne said:

On the last point, one word: Smashwords.

Damn now I have to pick a story. This could take weeks. I mean not everything I write is...  well good (in my opinion). Its funny stuff for friends- Like star trek stories where Kirk finally runs out of uniforms heh.. 

9 minutes ago, LadyD said:

Damn now I have to pick a story. This could take weeks. I mean not everything I write is...  well good (in my opinion). Its funny stuff for friends- Like star trek stories where Kirk finally runs out of uniforms heh.. 

There's no critic as harsh as the author themselves, believe. Been there, done that. You won't see feedback until you put your stuff somewhere. Smashwords is a platform distributing to various retailers, Amazon, most notably, but for first steps, DA and AO3 seem appropriate. Be sure to drop links here so I can review them :).

...HYPE INTENSIFIES!!!

20 minutes ago, Scoobie101 said:

Oh geez. Everyone out there, writtin' books and getting gold medals in the Olympics and curing diseases and I'm just sittin' on this laptop eating Cheetos and crying. Congrats!

*looks at Cheetos and slowly puts them away*
Yesss I am a successful person
*swipes tissues off desk*
I am totally curing diseases and stuff

3 hours ago, LadyD said:

*looks at Cheetos and slowly puts them away*
Yesss I am a successful person
*swipes tissues off desk*
I am totally curing diseases and stuff

I could've made a comic by now, and sold it for $20 a pop, but here I am, not making that comic and not making that money. TTuTT *Eats some crisps.*

Archived