Mod Idea - Resurrection Stone

Inkpony

As someone who has put almost 400 hours into Don't Starve, I consider myself a pretty hardcore survivor. That is to say, I certainly love the challenge of the game and tend to avoid mods that make the game too easy.

But while Meat Effigies and Life Giving amulets are great, I've been thinking, "Why not an item that resurrects you, that doesn't decrease your maximum health or that you don't have to wear?" However, I feel like an item like that should be really difficult to make. If an item doesn't penalize you too much then just make it really hard to acquire, yeah?

All this said, if there is a similar mod already in existence I'd appreciate being directed to it. But otherwise, my idea is this: a Life Giving Stone that you need only carry in your inventory to have it resurrect you. That alone is pretty powerful, but what if it cost a lot of nightmare fuel? Or maybe, like a food item, it spoils/decays over time, and quite quickly, so it'd be a better idea to only make one if you're about to face off against, say Dragonfly, or go into the ruins.

Either way, it's just an idea I've been tossing around for the past few days, and figured I'd drop it here on the forums to see what people thought.

Sounds good, many people want really-late-game content.

You can do basically anything when the item resurrects the player, but testing for an item in the player's inventory beforehand is a tad more complicated (still possible though).

Perishable is a component, you can find it in its simplest way on "hambat.lua"

Archived