Theory about Charlie main power

I have been thinking about this topic for some time . My theory is that her power/theme is not that of a shadow (lets just call it her old self powers) but that of marble/stone . Let me explain . 

Note: If It turn out to be like my theory this might be a spoiler so on the safe side I will mark my explaining as spoiler .

Spoiler

First off we have the meteors/moonstones . They are rocks that appeared in DST . Kinda like marble but magical , a magic rock if you will (main use is with gem (and you can use magic power with those gems)) . Also they are called moon rocks , but as logic dictates it can't be a rock from the moon . It's more likely that name is given to them because they fall from the sky not because is it a real moon rock . This is added in DST maybe its a effect of Charlie taking over the world .

And Charlie version of DST portal is made of marble (or some other kind of rock)

Then we have petrified trees , no need to say more trees turning to rock . 

Now Maxwell creations are begin petrified in the same way as the trees also turning to rock .

And they said they will rework the Moonstones look (in the stream I might be wrong on this one) . I think the new look will be more marbly ... so they can look more like marble .

So all in all many coincidence . Yea but I made this theory based on 1 fact that kinda connects them - In the "A New Reign Cinematic" of DST when Charile fights with her "evil" side she turns almost everything into marble(even her throne is and everything around it is marble) while the evil side turns stuff into decay (and from there comes the disease on DST world) .

Feel free to share your theories and thoughts .

Charlie's gonna rock.

No, seriously, the theory of petrification is fun and thoughtful. Arlesienne Greatly Approves. I think it may stem from the style of shows she staged with Maxwell - roses and marble remind her of the good times together regardless of whether they were "an item" or not, times which won't come back, instead leaving her half-monstrous, ever-longing.

Bonus points if she had a poor background and the style of the shows would give her a sense of grandeur.

On 8/27/2016 at 9:25 AM, Arlesienne said:

roses and marble

Great analogy, a broken hearted vision of a relationship from woman that "may" have fallen in love with the cold, "marble" hearted Waxwell. The once pretty rose is now however, fighting to stay middle ground with her "shadowy" side though...

Come to the dark side, we haz cookies.

Take into account also that Charlie's emotion theme is sadness. Remember that the torch skin we earned during Cyclum is called the tragic torch and also take note of Wendy's line when examining the Florid Postern "Its beauty is twinged with a heartbreaking sadness."

Charlie's theme kind of reminds me of the masks that represent tragedy and comedy, something that came about during when theater culture flourished in ancient Greece. In fact she may as well be wearing them when you consider her dual personalities (Her being the comedy and the other being the tragedy)

It makes me think that if she were to bring in more survivors (I'm not saying she will), she would aim for characters who carried great sadness with them, kind of like how Maxwell aimed for characters with great desires.

9 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Great analogy, a broken hearted vision of a relationship from woman that "may" have fallen in love with the cold, "marble" hearted Waxwell. The once pretty rose is now however, fighting to stay middle ground with her "shadowy" side though...

Come to the dark side, we haz cookies.

COOKIES!

In all due honesty, I think it's a fine theory. For one I prefer UST than straight shipping, so whether you want to ship them together or not, it's alright with me.

Maybe even she had something romantic in her head and he considered her a friend or daughter-like person. Who knows. Gimme puzzles!

4 hours ago, Quoth143 said:

Take into account also that Charlie's emotion theme is sadness. Remember that the torch skin we earned during Cyclum is called the tragic torch and also take note of Wendy's line when examining the Florid Postern "Its beauty is twinged with a heartbreaking sadness."

Charlie's theme kind of reminds me of the masks that represent tragedy and comedy, something that came about during when theater culture flourished in ancient Greece. In fact she may as well be wearing them when you consider her dual personalities (Her being the comedy and the other being the tragedy)

It makes me think that if she were to bring in more survivors (I'm not saying she will), she would aim for characters who carried great sadness with them, kind of like how Maxwell aimed for characters with great desires.

Very intriguing. I still believe she is not one to consciously doom more people. Maybe when dark!Charlie takes temporary control. But it's a common belief in most cultures that "pacts with the devil" have to be willing, so while Max lured in transients through their desires, Charlie lacks the prerequisites to do so.

Unless THEY force her. Who knows.

I think Charlie is quite pleased with the survivors she has at the moment, though I cannot be sure what Their goal is, or why Charlie felt inclined to take the throne (besides to avoid the plot hole of being able to play as all characters while one has to be on the throne.)

Perhaps these beta updates will tell us what we need to know, given time.

BTW, is there a poster for the new update yet?

30 minutes ago, ExtollerOfTrolls said:

I think Charlie is quite pleased with the survivors she has at the moment, though I cannot be sure what Their goal is, or why Charlie felt inclined to take the throne (besides to avoid the plot hole of being able to play as all characters while one has to be on the throne.)

Perhaps these beta updates will tell us what we need to know, given time.

BTW, is there a poster for the new update yet?

DSTupdate_fixerupper_sm.png

Check my update log for the A New Reign updates:

Okay, seriously now: my opinion on the goals THEY have is that they are some parasitic eldritch abominations (just say this aloud, kids), unchanging, with no creativity in themselves, unable to evolve...

...and jealous.

Being trapped for eons in darkness is boring and simply sucks. So THEY try to reach out to mortals for a source of amusement. THEY somehow reached out to the Ancients first to the point of seeping into their world. When the Ancients went extinct from madness, however (and at that point, time wasn't stagnant there, so no revivals or anything), THEY needed new puppets.

They created a parasitic dimension mirroring the world of the Ancients (if not outright absorbed it) and used the Codex Umbra to target Maxwell.

He first enjoyed the powers to shape the place, then grew frustrated and began luring in new people to keep THEM occupied lest they punish him (quite like the audience and television). Webber was the first transient, each person occupying their own world. Wilson ultimately reached the Nightmare Throne and this shook the rules of the world.

What happened:

- the Codex Umbra lost most of its power, so it is no longer a vessel for THEM

- Charlie regained MUCH of her control from Grue into dark!Charlie and thus was able to free Wilson

- light!Charlie wants to free herself, Maxwell and others, dark!Charlie gets drunk on power and this is why she introduces a lot of novelties (portals linking worlds, new flora and fauna, new minerals etc.)

11 minutes ago, ExtollerOfTrolls said:

I wonder what the decor is... Charlie seems to want to give the survivors comfort, but is also more than happy to send them to their deaths.

Carrying the theme of the cinematic showed. Charlie's "Will she or won't she" personality.:wilson_laugh:

22 minutes ago, ExtollerOfTrolls said:

Would it be 2D animation, 3D animation, stop motion, or live-action?

If the script is fun and overall well made, a live action would probably be way funnier. Dark British humor comes to my mind. But if the adaptation proves troublesome, then any animation would make me a happy camper anyway.

I mean the material is huge, just think only about the interaction among such a bunch of weirdos:

A pyromaniac woman with a Teddy Bear, always holding herself twitching, and staying right at the edge of complete madness, so much that you can almost feel like "ok NOW she's gonna burn em"
A not-so-bright muscular man with completely unrelated simple minded comments of every situation.
A monster kid that always appears cute and innocent, but that can be quite feral and absolutely disgusting.
A tiny robot that hates everyone, everything, and keeps elaborating stupid and unfeasible plans of destruction.
A mime that irritates everyone, sucking at everything through the whole story, but ends up saving the day with his stupid baloonmancy
A depressing little girl that walks oblivious not caring about any of the most horrible situations, and her scary ghost sister popping out to destroy stuff in the scariest way possible during the nights...

....and I could just go on!

16 hours ago, Quoth143 said:

With knowing virtually nothing about most of the characters, can we be positively sure that ol' Maxy preyed exclusively on people with great desires?

OK, Wilson - no arguing here, the guy desperately wanted knowledge.

Willow - eh, I don't know, her penchant for burning things seems to be more of a compulsion rather than desire.

Wolfgang - I don't think he sought to become stronger or prove his might, he probably was already convinced he was the mightiest even before Maxwell contacted him.

Wendy - the obvious one again, she wanted to bring her sister back to life, which, by the way, combines the themes of desire and sadness.

WX - I suppose you could count "KILL ALL HUMANS" as a great desire.

Wickerbottom - not sure what she'd even want, she seems to be pretty content with being very smart and being a librarian.

Woodie - again, I don't see any inner turmoil here. Although you could argue that he wanted to get rid of werebeaver curse.

Wes is Wes.

Wigfrid - I can't remember her ever showing any out-of-character desire to do or be something, she's just way into method acting. Then again, maybe she originally wished to portray a valkyrie the most convincing way possible, and Maxwell went all monkey's paw with that wish.

Webber - another easy one, the boy really wanted to become normal again. He even clearly states that Maxwell promised to help him.

Archived