20 minutes ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

Okay then, if you think you're such a smartass, tell me, detail by detail; what am I doing wrong and what should I do instead?

Also, people seemed to have just gotten offended just because I more or less said "Rain hat is useless" and "Red caps are useless". And what is wrong with that? So, I say something that by and large many disagree with. Am I supposed to be booed at and smashed in the ground, just because I'm a pessimist and just because people want to throw at me my past actions?

What? There is no point in discussing what people mostly agree with, by and large. If everybody agrees, there is no discussion. Things that people DON'T agree on is the things that actually spring up a discussion in the first place, by and large, so what the hell are you talking about?

The second paragraph seems to suggest that heeding the first would be a waste of my time -- time I've already wasted, actually, if you'd bother to read.

And there most certainly is a point in people giving support for things they agree with. If they don't, you're just the guy with a bunch of opinions nobody likes. That you think there's nothing to be gained in discussions among people who agree with one another speaks volumes.

Can everyone just stop starting pointless fights please? I don't know what happened before to instill this level of inherent hostility towards Euede, but I don't think it's fair to be so dismissive and negative towards everything he says. Let's all try to be polite, okay?

Red caps, rain hat, etc aren't useless, problem is here : it's not an objective fact, it's a personnal opinion, which is fine when you keep in mind that it's a personnal opinion. You can't define that something is useless, except if there is truly no use for it, like steel wool before the saddle, because even one marginal use could make a people happy, and even a boring use is enough for some people.

The problem is that you are always making agressive topics with false objective facts, and use it as a way to tell to people to shut up when they are telling you something is wrong with the way you speak. "I'm negative and i'm pessimist, it's the way i am and you must deal with it" and like you signature show, you don't try to make efforts, you ask people to make efforts.

" How I write might sound like I'm shoving things down your throat or simply being an *******. In actuality, pretty much everything I write is for the sake of discussion and often I just tell what my opinion or objective conclusions have been made on certain things. So please, refrain from acting hostile towards me. Thank you. "

But you don't refrain to act hostile towards people yourself and just use your negativity and your pessimism and your will to discuss as excuse to make polemics all days. When a topic is ended you start another, again and again and again, without letting people rest and have a little respite.

Problem is : when people make efforts to discuss with you (like here), you always find a way to make polemics again. If not about the subject, about the way people are telling you what is wrong with your post.

Yes, it's hard making efforts. Sometime, it implies to not post anything a little time, let everyone resting a little. An advice : when you want to post something, write it. Don't post it. Some hours after, read it again. Ask questions. "Is this topic necessary and urgent ? Could it wait a little ?" "Am i clear ? What is my point ?" "Is it agressive ? Could i make it less agressive so people will be more willing to debate ?" "Is it clear that this is my personal opinion ? Is it really objective ?" Read the wiki, maybe the item have use or interest you can't see. If you don't know, ask question, like "i find the red cap useless, what are your strategies using this item ? Why do you use rain hat ?", but be careful not spamming people.

Don't make big lists. Start by a small point, discuss with people. If you have more to tell after, it could come little by little. Accept that if you find something useless but some other are enjoying this, they aren't necessarily wrong. Differents playstyles could be both great.

Keep things on topic. When people find you agressive, don't answer them. Better, don't answer. Try to let some others people answer, the discussion be calm again, and then you could participate again, about the initial theme.
Because people tried here to answer to your topic, make effort to make it constructive even if the base were not really good, and you are ruining all the efforts.

Here are my advices for you. It will probably take time before your image will be better, because you've done a lot of damage, but if you make efforts, it will improve. But don't ask people to make efforts if you are not ready to try. Your negativism isn't an excuse, you must try to fight it. If you aren't, you can't ask people you are assaulting with your negativism to be ok to be assaulted. Telling "ok i'm negative and i could be rude but my intentions are good, so accept it" is not ok.

Could we can stay on topic now please ?

Maybe everyone could make something like a top of item non used ? For me it will be something like

- stinger

- non renewable resource (marble, fern, fireflies)

- piggyback (i don't like being slowed). I could rarely make exception if i have a cane.

I also never search guano. Nothing specific to do with it and an open cave with bat coming outside is enough for farm fertilizing.

53 minutes ago, Lumina said:

Red caps, rain hat, etc aren't useless, problem is here : it's not an objective fact, it's a personnal opinion, which is fine when you keep in mind that it's a personnal opinion. You can't define that something is useless, except if there is truly no use for it, like steel wool before the saddle, because even one marginal use could make a people happy, and even a boring use is enough for some people.

Just wanted to be clear, this was more or less what I was also trying to get at in my earlier post. Nothing really needs a drastic change, even the smallest tweak can make many items significantly more desirable, and the tweak doesn't even have to be to the item in question. Useless is too strong of a word to be tossing around with such disregard here.

Just in case this thread gets locked (an embarrassingly common occurrence lately) I want to throw in my two cents.

I personally don't understand all of this red mushroom hate! Am I the only one who uses them for makeshift bandages? By cooking them? If I were to point the finger of judgement at any mushroom, it would be the blue one. I'm normally not running around at midnight, so I don't really know what they can do, but at the end of the day, when you reeeeaally have to ask which mushroom isn't pulling its weight, I think we all can agree it's the blue. (I hope it's obvious that I'm joking. If anyone knows what the blue ones are good for, PLEASE tell me! I have to know!)

As far as what I think is useless, I can't honestly think of anything. I mean, certainly some things are less efficient, but that doesn't make them useless. Besides, I fall in with the camp of people that like all of the options and variety, regardless of optimal usage. I'll admit that I don't really make blow darts all that much, but that may be more of a laziness thing than anything else. They're certainly good for combat, they just take so much to make . . . 

14 minutes ago, Quyzbuk said:

even the smallest tweak can make many items significantly more desirable

Yes, a small touch here and here is often enough.

8 minutes ago, TheTraditionalGentleman said:

If anyone knows what the blue ones are good for

Raw, good for health, damage sanity. It's usefull for emergency heal.

Cooked, good for sanity, little damage to health. Less good than cooked green cap, but still useful. :)

53 minutes ago, MeingroessterFan said:

Can everyone just stop starting pointless fights please? I don't know what happened before to instill this level of inherent hostility towards Euede, but I don't think it's fair to be so dismissive and negative towards everything he says. Let's all try to be polite, okay?

Ohhhhh, I can link you to the threads.

Plural.

In more than one of them he was so mean he actually made me _cry_ (I know I shouldn't have done, but I couldn't help it)...and then basically _yelled at me for crying_.  He's reformed/censored himself quite a bit in THIS thread, but he used to go around saying "Oh, you're upset because of feeeeeeeels?  SUCK it up, you big baby, life is awful and it's about time you learned it!  Here's a clip of George Carlin to show you how silly you are to be bothered by words!"

Basically a combination of calling others' opinions words like "stupid" or "idiotic", kicking you when you're down BECAUSE you're down....and friggin' trying to freakin' SCHOOL YOU in the ways of "life" even though he's probably about A THIRD MY AGE.

And it wasn't only me--he verbally abused a _lot_ of people, and went around saying over and over that he didn't care about people's feelings.  At all.  He _could_ be polite, but maaaaan, typing those few extra words to say "To me" or "In my opinion" is such a draaaaaag!  Only logic is a thing, and what I'm saying is logical, objective facts.  YOUR stuff is opinions, mine is always reason.  Stop crying, you big baby, and listen to my perfect logic!  Don't you DARE cry even more when I call you an idiot!  Listen to me because I'm right!

That's why.

He's at least attempting to act better _now_, and I acknowledge that, but this hostility....DEFINITELY has a reason.

...Notorious

Ok...  Let us all take a moment to calm down. Breathe. Count to ten. Find... find your... chi?

Ok, here's my input. I pick every single mushroom I see. Why? Well cooked green and raw blue mushrooms are useful, but... what if you accidentally cook a blue mushroom? Also what about red mushrooms? Well I recently realised you can put 4 mushrooms in a crock pot and get Ratatouille. (god still cant spell that) So red mushrooms are useful now. 

Ach, this won't get anywhere. I'll just keep getting judged no matter what I try. And no, Chaotica it wasn't exactly like you described, perhaps how you interpreted it, but wow, cry, really? How? I am very thick, as in I have little to no care for emotion, but I can't change it to care, it's not possible; I've been sensitive before, but life has taught me that being sensitive isn't going to get you far and that you have to fight it through. And I'm still pissed at the fact that people keep bringing it up, even though I've been trying to be nicer, trying not to be like that, yet still, old stuff thrown at me.

You know what, I'm done. Nobody expected anything good to come out from me after 2 years, none ever will later... Probably. I'm done. Just, be happy here, I'll get out and never come back. Will probably read some stuff, but what's the point posting if every single thing I say is hated. I'll probably work a bunch on my games and stop wasting time posting things people just hate. And that huge mod that I had in mind will probably be the last thing I do in terms of DST; my first and last mod. But probably only by that time the whole game will be out.

I cannot change any further, I simply can't. I'd be talking ********, lies, take a whole day to write a single post and be a total annoyance to myself if I tried to do what was suggested before even more... Because guess what; I am already doing a large portion of what's been suggested that I should do/improve on. I can't take it anymore. Discuss the topic-related stuff, I'm out.

Just now, NeddoFreddo said:

Ok...  Let us all take a moment to calm down. Breathe. Count to ten. Find... find your... chi?

Ok, here's my input. I pick every single mushroom I see. Why? Well cooked green and raw blue mushrooms are useful, but... what if you accidentally cook a blue mushroom? Also what about red mushrooms? Well I recently realised you can put 4 mushrooms in a crock pot and get Ratatouille. (god still cant spell that) So red mushrooms are useful now. 

I swer back in when i was a beginner the only things I could ever make in the game were ratatouille and jam I  the two-dish master chef

It's ironic that the people who go around complaining that everyone else is too sensitive are always very quick to take offense themselves.

I feel like I learned a lot about mushrooms from this thread, so it's not a total loss. It's just those desperate situation where you have to improvise outside of your habitual way of playing that makes DS so fun. I'd love to hear more offbeat and creative strats like this.

8 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

It's ironic that the people who go around complaining that everyone else is too sensitive are always very quick to take offense themselves.

I feel like I learned a lot about mushrooms from this thread, so it's not a total loss. It's just those desperate situation where you have to improvise outside of your habitual way of playing that makes DS so fun. I'd love to hear more offbeat and creative strats like this.

If mushrooms and creativity are what you're looking for, might I suggest . . . . . a mushroom only run? 

1 hour ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

Ach, this won't get anywhere. I'll just keep getting judged no matter what I try. And no, Chaotica it wasn't exactly like you described, perhaps how you interpreted it, but wow, cry, really? How? I am very thick, as in I have little to no care for emotion, but I can't change it to care, it's not possible; I've been sensitive before, but life has taught me that being sensitive isn't going to get you far and that you have to fight it through. And I'm still pissed at the fact that people keep bringing it up, even though I've been trying to be nicer, trying not to be like that, yet still, old stuff thrown at me.

You know what, I'm done. Nobody expected anything good to come out from me after 2 years, none ever will later... Probably. I'm done. Just, be happy here, I'll get out and never come back. Will probably read some stuff, but what's the point posting if every single thing I say is hated. I'll probably work a bunch on my games and stop wasting time posting things people just hate. And that huge mod that I had in mind will probably be the last thing I do in terms of DST; my first and last mod. But probably only by that time the whole game will be out.

I cannot change any further, I simply can't. I'd be talking ********, lies, take a whole day to write a single post and be a total annoyance to myself if I tried to do what was suggested before even more... Because guess what; I am already doing a large portion of what's been suggested that I should do/improve on. I can't take it anymore. Discuss the topic-related stuff, I'm out.

Have you ever apologized for your actions? No, I'm not taking a jab at you.

Let me say something that everyone might think is very controversial (My turn to be the target). How could you guys force a member of the forums out to never making another thread? How could you come onto this thread, argue that all he does is spread negativity, and then proceed to do so yourselves? If he had angered so many of you through words alone, you could have sent him a PM instead of taking all of his threads to derail everything he did. You could have asked to make up in a PM, talk privately, and instead contribute to the topic at hand afterwards. If this wouldn't have solved your problems, you all had the ability to ignore his threads and go about your days. Allowed others to speak on the thread without going off-topic, as it were. I am not justifying his past actions, but he could still change for the better and learn to talk about what others think without insulting them.

When I became a forum member, I thought I would be ousted and laughed out of the forums by everyone. I thought to myself, "Should I change my profile picture? What will people think of me? What does it matter, my opinions are no good here. Why bother, everyone knows newbies aren't respected on forums." Everyone else gave me a chance, why can't he get a second chance to better himself?

He swears from time to time, and insults people, but he could change for the better. I still think he has the potential to do good and contribute to topics without others going, "What are you doing here? Your opinions are not wanted here." He has the right, like all of us, to speak his mind as long as he stays within forum rules.

Come back, stop giving up (As cheesy as this whole speech sounds.)and keep improving yourself. No one should have the right of free speech taken away from them, and everyone has the right to speak their minds within the forum rules in mind. Look them over, take a deep breath, and try again.

Well, for one thing, it seems he actually HAS been banned from here before and is getting around it by making another account; a practice I do believe is universally frowned upon?  I wasn't here for the old shenanigans, but I looked up this "XirmiX" person and yep...EXACTLY the same writing style.  The very first archived post of his I found even had a George Carlin video linked in it!

In some cases, I'd see your point.  I am very much the kind of person who starts feeling sorry for the character everybody hates BECAUSE _everybody_ hates them, and am more inclined to see their better side because of the negative pre-hype (unless they actually _are_ horrible and the majority was right.)  And I guess the way everybody is dogpiling on Euede _now_ is a bit excessive...

...but he actually yelled and _laughed_ at me for being upset about a R.APE. THREAT.  (not towards me, thank god, but still!)

No mercy.

...Notorious

34 minutes ago, TheKingDedede said:

How could you guys force a member of the forums out to never making another thread?

We couldn't, and we didn't. It's a choice he's making. Many people expressed many different ways how they'd like his behavior to change and he's decided he can't be bothered. For what it's worth, him just up and leaving is hardly what I had in mind, but for whatever reason he thinks himself incapable of being polite, and considering his responses to people trying to get him to see what he's doing wrong arguing that he isn't seems like an uphill climb.

59 minutes ago, TheKingDedede said:

No one should have the right of free speech taken away from them

As for free speech, I won't get into my problem with people's (mis)understanding of freedom of speech in detail, but will say simply that speech with no repercussions doesn't exist and probably shouldn't. If a person should have the right to say whatever they want, everyone else should have just as much right to tell them that they think what that person has to say sucks. It's a double-standard otherwise.

That said, I don't think it was most if anyone's intent to punish him for this or that so much as correct him. I mean, it would almost have to be, wouldn't it? Ignoring him as you suggest would be so much easier. I think most people just wanted to get him to start expressing his views without being such a jerk. He says he can't; I say he won't. It's up to him, one way or the other.

16 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Well, for one thing, it seems he actually HAS been banned from here before and is getting around it by making another account; a practice I do believe is universally frowned upon?  I wasn't here for the old shenanigans, but I looked up this "XirmiX" person and yep...EXACTLY the same writing style.  The very first archived post of his I found even had a George Carlin video linked in it!

In some cases, I'd see your point.  I am very much the kind of person who starts feeling sorry for the character everybody hates BECAUSE _everybody_ hates them, and am more inclined to see their better side because of the negative pre-hype (unless they actually _are_ horrible and the majority was right.)  And I guess the way everybody is dogpiling on Euede _now_ is a bit excessive...

...but he actually yelled and _laughed_ at me for being upset about a R.APE. THREAT.  (not towards me, thank god, but still!)

No mercy.

...Notorious

Yeah, that was a bad move on his part. No disagreements here.

Well when you post something online you open your self to everything out there. EuedeAdodooedoe in my opion i meant people in real life worse. In the end he made a thread for him to express his displeasure with something in the game yes it was heavy handed but it was our choice to post what we wanted in the thread whether it be bullying or criticism about his opinions of the items he listed honestly I hated this guy from just how he said things and his whole profile but he isn't for me that bad of a person. It's are decison to act and respond to posts not choose how others  write their's.

32 minutes ago, TheHalcyonOne said:

As for free speech, I won't get into my problem with people's (mis)understanding of freedom of speech in detail, but will say simply that speech with no repercussions doesn't exist and probably shouldn't. If a person should have the right to say whatever they want, everyone else should have just as much right to tell them that they think what that person has to say sucks. It's a double-standard otherwise.

But should we take the responsibility of looking over what he says and criticizing him into our own hands? On a forum such as this, I'd argue that that's the job of a moderator to decide. Plus, both parties would have to take into account the forum rules and construct their responses in a way that doesn't break the rules. I understand that he has broken them in the past, but he could still change the way he addresses others on the forums here.

12 minutes ago, TheKingDedede said:

But should we take the responsibility of looking over what he says and criticizing him into our own hands? On a forum such as this, I'd argue that that's the job of a moderator to decide.

A moderator's job is making sure people are following the rules, and being a first response to when people aren't. It's definitely not their responsibility to micro-manage people's general attitudes.

24 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

bullying

And real quick, just want to distance myself from the word "bullying." What constitutes bullying is debatable and some might (and probably will) argue it happened here, but my idea of what bullying is is not okay. Nobody wanted his lunch money; they just wanted him to stop being so dismissive and condescending.

Wow, this...

This thread isn't locked yet?

For a second there I thought that this'd be shut down by now.

So, I'll just have an on-topic answer to this:

Everything is useful, even if the use is bad. Think about a mosquito. Useless, right? Nope. Food for animals.

Same thing for items in DST. All the items are stepping stones to the higher tier items. They guide you along that path.

Use Nightmare Amulet right, you can get yourself a lot of Nightmare Fuel.

Ice Cube is useful for Summer! If you stay wet, you actually keep cold, from what I remember (correct me if I'm wrong)

-------------------------

And now for off-topic. @EuedeAdodooedoe or Euede, as I will call him, has SOME good points. Red caps has very minimal uses, but can be used by creative players, but I will agree, he needs to learn that he's seeming as if he's trying to shove his opinions down his throat, which he doesn't understand is bad.

"How I write might sound like I'm shoving things down your throat or simply being an *******. In actuality, pretty much everything I write is for the sake of discussion and often I just tell what my opinion or objective conclusions have been made on certain things. So please, refrain from acting hostile towards me. Thank you."

If you sound like you're shoving things down people's throats, people won't "refrain from acting hostile" towards you. That's life, fella. Act like an that, you'll have others act like that towards you too, and even though you said you learned, and you're just being "negative", you're still acting like you're the only victim here, saying that your word is law, and no one else can say anything about it. I'm not saying you can't have your own opinion, we just want you to accept others, as a way of seeing how others feel about the items, rather than focus just on you.

You know what, I'm done. Nobody expected anything good to come out from me after 2 years, none ever will later... Probably. I'm done. Just, be happy here, I'll get out and never come back. Will probably read some stuff, but what's the point posting if every single thing I say is hated.

Because you didn't LET US expect that. Act a little less like a grumpy old man, and MAYBE we'll respect you more.

A note, I'm not trying to get under your skin, Euede, I'm just trying to get you to see what you're doing.

Archived