PSA: Never Leave Home Without Your Designated Moonlens!

Greetings Starvers!

I'm sure you're all well aware of the use a Moonlens has (added in the anewreignbeta branch, to participate click here). The Cratered Moonrock is described as a rock for marking your territory, if you socket any gem into it (it turns into a Moonlens). With it, you can mark any position on the map by just placing the Moonlens on the ground.

With this, starvers are now able to mark anything in the world. The Pig King, Tri Tusk Camps (if any), Resurrection Stones, etc.

But this is not the only purpose the Moonlens has as I have realized after playing for a while in the beta branch (which many of you already have also figured out, I'm writing this out in case someone might find it useful).

In my last game session, I was spelunking the caves solo and died embarrassingly to cave spiders cause I couldn't kite them properly. I was a ghost and I had no amulet with me when I died (I was on my way to my cave base to get one), all I had on hand was my Moonlens which is now on the ground. This made me realize that I have automatically marked my corpse. So I called out to anyone who could also be spelunking the caves if they could see the marker I dropped. Luckily, someone was close enough to get to my corpse and revive me with a Telltale Heart! (Shout out to the player RogueYun, thanks man.)

Which is why I sincerely urge every one of you to never leave home without your designated Moonlens!

I am forever grateful to the Queen, for giving us the Moonlens. Cheers!

Archived