Suggestion: Erik the Awful

Can we get a Viking character for Shipwrecked? The "Erik the Awful" is a Ray Stevens reference (the brutal and tenacious), but regardless of what you call him, I would love to see one in the game. Give him a sword and a cargo boat, and make him good at fighting and maritime maneuvers, but prone to hunger, fits of insanity, and randomly running off to fight anything in sight, or some such. 

Just a thought- I am sure others can further develop the idea, but I had to suggest it, because every time I play Shipwrecked, the "this needs a Viking character" thought keeps popping into my head.    

1. Wigfrid is not a Viking. She's an actress playing a Valkyrie.

2. Maxwell is actually Waxwell in the files.

3. The concept actually sounds viable as a mod at least (I don't see new characters being added officially in the forseeable future). You have balanced perks.

4. Some factual Scandinavian names that phonetically fit: Valdemar and Vidar for males (let's not forget about Votan/Wotan!), Vigdis for females. And given that Klei likes changing real names to start with a W, I totally see Wasleif.

Archived