Aileen Rose's Don't Starve Stash

Swinging Around.png

@Quoth143

Fun doodle of Laika and Court of Miracles!Albert.

It was mentioned in that particular AU Albert, along with quite a number of people who were brought to Their World, wound up living down in the caves, particularly making the ruins into shelters. So, if Laika and her people were around, wouldn’t be too hard to believe a Thulecitian and a member of the court could cross paths. And thus this image popped in my mind.

Laika can climb up to the ceiling of the ruins with her legs and carry a person up there too if she wants. So just taking Albert for a swing just because they can. (Or cheer him up if he’s having a bad day.)

So yeah, just something cute. (Also smol Albert. I know he’s 15 in this AU but still.)

Edited by Aileen-Rose
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, minespatch said:

So the Thulecitian's can crawl on the roof? That's interesting....

That they can. They can walk up walls so hence, they can get to the roof.

I did model their legs after scorpions/arachnid type creatures so they have similar properties in structure and abilities.

• Like 4

Thunder Fright.png

Been getting a lot of thunderstorms around my neck of the woods. Felt prompted to draw this.

Don’t know why but I could see Charlie being easily spooked by thunder claps or just random loud noises in general.

So yeah, just something from the past. Traveling circus, they were touring in an area that had thunderstorms and you get the picture.

Best William/Maxwell can do is help her keep calm.

• Like 7

Ask Laika 7.png

"Are Depth Worms and Spelunkies major danger or just pests to you and your people Laika?" - Quoth143

Laika: Splumonkies are MAJOR pests. They like stealing our food, tools and some times steal artifacts. Plus, we’re utterly disgusted with how they’ve made homes out of the ruins of the once great city. It’s major disrespect to our ancestors. Generally we have a policy of if they don’t bother us, we don’t bother them but boy they LOVE bothering me sometimes on big hunting trips, especially on my way back to the village. I don’t hesitate to kill them on site. The only times I won’t even think about going near them is during The Nightmare Cycles. The magic turns them into shadow monsters and if you kill them they drop… *shudder* Ugh… that forsaken Nightmare Fuel. They have sometimes followed me home but we quickly dispose of them before they cause any damage.

Ask Laika 8.png

Depth Worms have been our enemies since our Ancestors roamed the caves. They’ve always been a threat. Eating Thulecitians, young or old or destroying our structures. During the time of the great city they weren’t as big of a problem since the guardians took them out with ease. With how we are now in small villages and the guardians corrupted and no longer taking orders from Thulecitians, we have had to adapt to kill Depth Worms ourselves. It’s terrifying, but after the fourth or fifth time it becomes routine. They used to scare me when I was first learning how to fight but these days I face them head on and defeat them as fast as possible. No way I’m EVER letting them harm my people.

So in summary, Splumonkies are pests, Depth Worms are threats. Though I guess when Splumonkies are shadow monsters they are somewhat threats but that’s mainly due to what they leave behind when you kill them… *shudder* Sorry, I hate Nightmare Fuel. It… brings nothing but trouble.

Ask Laika 9.png

" Laika, what's your kind's relationship with the bunnymen? Friends or enemies?" - Dragon-Mage-156

Laika: We’re encouraged to befriend them since they can be quite helpful and well, their existence was the result of some of the magic our ancestors practiced. So, best to show respect.

I actually befriended one forever ago whose name is Promethia. I was able to teach her how to understand Thulecitian so she could communicate with me. Sure, bunnymen are creatures of few words but they are good listeners. I often ask her for help in exterminating spiders that decided to set up nests near my village. She brings all her friends and those spiders don’t stand a chance. I always make sure to bring a huge package of carrots the next day to thank them for their work.

While they might not agree with the idea of my people eating meat, they know we’re just trying to survive like they are. All they ask is we kill our prey with respect, not show meat in front of them or eat it in front of them. An easy deal to uphold. (Although I admit I have lost my temper a few times at chasing prey and may have not killed it with respect. Ehehe… some things just won’t stay still.)

• Like 6

And now... to break the 4th wall for a minute.

Ask Laika 5.png

"does Laika know what "shipping" means?" - Anon

Laika: What’s shipping?

Wilson: Usually when I hear that I think mail deliveries. Like something is being shipped to someone’s estate. But I get the feeling they mean something else.

Laika: Oh.

(Laika doesn’t know and no one else around her knows. Modern terms are alien even to her.)

(Few asks later.)

Ask Laika 10.png

"Laika, shipping is kind of like a term for thinking two people are cute together in a romantic way. Let's take Wilson and Willow for example. I think they are adorable together, but you could say I ship them. Does it make sense now? :P" -  wil-higg-the-science-dig

Laika: Wilson, are you alright? You’re all red in the face.

Wilson: Nothing!

• Like 6

Ask Laika 11.png

" what's it like havin more than two legs?" - Anon

Laika: I mean if I had to describe it, it keeps me grounded, balanced, I can move really fast and I can walk up walls with ease. I can’t imagine doing it with two legs. I’d fall flat on my tail end. I don’t even understand how Wilson keeps balanced on his two legs. Then again he doesn’t have a tail like I do so I guess that’s probably a factor. But in all honesty, to me, six legs is normal, two legs is weird.

Ask Laika 12.png

" Laika, I know the ruins is where your ancestors lived but aside from not knowing much of the surface, is there any other reason your people haven't tried making a home outside of the caves?" - dragon-mage-156

Laika: We once did have access to the surface after the fall of the great city. It’s how honey and berries were gathered for the longest time. Those before me just didn’t want to settle outside the caves because they were trying to clean up the mess of the fall. There were plans to eventually migrate out and leave everything behind. But… one day… the exits were blocked entirely. I was not there for that, but many took it as a sign from the gods that we were no longer welcomed the surface. That we were to pay the price for the magic our ancestors practiced and the deal they made with… Them.

Sure, there are those of us that sneak up there in order to get certain foods but we don’t dare try  to stay for long out of fear of angering the gods.

And… we don’t know what’s out there. Our people have been down here for many generations. We have no idea how much our world has changed since our ancestors roamed the caves.

We do live well in the ruins. I wouldn’t say thrive, but we survive. Honestly… I… I would give anything to see what’s up there but admittedly… despite how brave I am in facing the dangers down here in the ruins, the unknown scares me… and… I just… I just don’t know if I would be welcomed by anything on the surface.

We were locked down here for a reason. We’re the mistakes of this world along with everything else that lives down here. We’re not meant to be seen. Only forgotten. So history does not repeat itself.

• Like 6

DD Persitent.png

“Hm, persistent. How interesting… and amusing.”

Felt like drawing something from my Don’t Derezz AU. Also, blue colors instead of red this time because why not? So yeh, angry Wilson, smug Maxwell, what else is new?

• Like 4

My Character Sprites.png

Been updating my mod sprites. Some big, some small. Jack got the biggest over hall and Cece and William only got some minor adjustments. I'm just happy to have them all cleaned up. And as you might've noticed, we have a new addition to my mods.

Yep, Edward now has a mod. Only seemed fair to have him join the mod crew eventually. Plus I wanted to see if I could translate his design to sprite form. He was a bit of a challenge but I pulled it off. Hardest thing that bit me was getting his hair to look right and his ghost sprite. But it all worked out. I've been working on him off and on so that's reason he took longer than most to get finished. (It's always the quote programming that takes forever. I had to take it day by day.) So yeah, got the whole Higgsbury family in the mods now. All the more examples I can show off for my mod commissions and such.

edward.png

You can check out his mod here:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=971141598

• Like 5