Aileen Rose's Don't Starve Stash

Ancient Skins.png

Ancient Thulecitian Skin project complete.

Phew, was one heck of a ride but good heavens this was FUN to do. It was a nice art study in style and techniques, a challenge in designing clothes and keeping to a theme and oh yeah coming up with quotes for each character that would fit. (Special thanks to my co-writer Storm for helping me with those whenever I got stumped.) So yeah, here are all the designs without any filters on them like they are in the portraits I made. Would be fun to do another project like this one but for now, break time. Thank you all for joining me in on the ride. And since I'm all finished, I'm gonna leave something that you guys can use if you want.

Ancient Thulecitian.png

This was the template I created that I used for the portraits. The design was based from the paintings we saw on the wall of the Metheus puzzle. If you want to use it and come up with your own Ancient Skins by all means, go nuts! No need to ask me permission. I just ask for links to whatever it is you make. :wilson_wink: I'd love to see what others come up with.

And with that, I leave you.

Enjoy!

• Like 10

On 5/2/2017 at 8:46 AM, Aileen-Rose said:

Ancient Wes.png

Why is Wes so sad it looks likes he mourning a little?
Also the BG for the portaits is awesome looking

I know this is off topic I just keep seeing Wilbur in a thucite crown
and woodlegs dressed in all gold

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

Why is Wes so sad it looks likes he mourning a little?

It relates back to Metheus. The whole theme of this set was centered around The Ancients that existed long ago and the skins are a call back to those people. Reason most of the character quotes have something regarding the past incorporated to them. Wes is a special case since he doesn't speak. I noted all of his portraits are heavily reliant on his pose and his facial expression so I had to fall back on that.

Reason Wes looks sad, is because if he could speak he would be saying something about what happened to The Ancients. I feel Wes out of all of the characters is the most empathetic. He can easily understand how others feel and well if they're sad he'd want to help them feel better or least let them know they're not alone. So for Wes, I think knowing of the past would be sad for him since it was quite the tragedy.

• Like 3

Jack and Jenny Sketch.png

Warm up doodles. I did not mean for both to have matching facial expressions. Honest.

I'm not sure what they're reacting to but honestly I would not be surprised if it involved their siblings.

Edited by Aileen-Rose
  • Like 6

The Ancient Thulecitians.png

More bug people, but in color this time and finalized versions. Admittedly doing the Ancient Skins kind of helped in figuring out some issues I as having so, here we are.

The Thulecitians AKA The Ancients who once lived in the underground before tragedy struck. Just simple designs of the differences between females and males and finalized designs of King Tenebrae and Queen Lucerna. Took forever to get them right but now I have something I can be satisfied with.

So yeah. This is my interpretation of this civilization.

Enjoy.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, NightWonder7 said:

Are they solving the Metheus puzzle? ',: )

Love the atmosphere here! : D

They're working on it. : ) Though Max got a bit hung up on something in regards to the obelisk images.

=D Thanks! Was trying out so lighting techniques and well it worked!

• Like 2