Aileen Rose's Don't Starve Stash

Water Horse.png

.. I was playing Legend of Zelda... Twilight Princess... I was riding Epona... And then I was talking to Storm... and then this happened.

I gotta say designing creatures is fun. Especially when you basically get to just go nuts with the design. So you get me, a die hard Legend of Zelda fan, then you get my buddy Storm, who is a fan of the Scorpio Races, and this is the end result. A water horse.

Taking heavy inspiration from an actual mythical being, The Kelpie. This is our version of a Water Horse in Don't Starve. In game they would be considered a passive mob. Don't attack them, they won't attack you... though don't be near them if you have meat or if you're up against the water. They will want the meat, and as for water, they will happily shove you in. (Based on the original myth, water horses were known to lead people to water to drown them.)

You would also be able to ride them, you just have to befriend them like you do when you're taming beefalo. Just be sure to have a lot of meat, mainly monster meat is their favorite. Riding them would be beneficial, mainly in Shipwrecked since water horses can swim. So they're basically a ship that doesn't need repairs, you just need to remember to feed it. (or it's drowning time.)

As for how they came to be in the world of Don't Starve. To make a long story short, some survivors that had come in happened to be horse riders. Maxwell got ticked, did magic on the horses, they became water horses. Horses turned on their owners when a deerclops came stomping through. Horses survived, and lived on and reproduced.

So yeah, just some doodles along with a finished product. Got Wilson in there to show a size comparison. I have plans for this later, maybe, but for now... this was just fun to goof around.

Little bonus doodled I did after the fact.

REGRET.png

Word to the wise, never forget to feed your water horse or you're going to have a VERY bad time.

• Like 9

22 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

I thought "Stash" referred to the st.ash on DA XD What's in your st.ash btw?

I do like Wilson being jealous over himself ^_^ And why is in-game Wilson always so short compared to fan versions of Wilson? :p

Well, I'd make him short out of faithfulness but I suppose it's fan-interpretation and Player version of Maxwell actually is close to Wilson's size compared to npc version.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Well, I'd make him short out of faithfulness but I suppose it's fan-interpretation and Player version of Maxwell actually is close to Wilson's size compared to npc version.

Pretty much this sums the reason why I do it this way with this other Wilson. The original Don't Starve style always comes off as chibi to me so... Yeah. There ya go.

But to note, Wilson of the DS style is still the same height as his StS counterpart by his standards. (Which is 5'10" for my interpretation)

• Like 2

WnA Offical Designs.png

There are probably going to be two dominate AUs when it comes to little stash area of mine. One known as Don't Starve Together (subject to change) where things follow the games a little closer, and this one, the Wilson and Albert AU, which is a Phineas and Ferb-esque crossover.

Though it's not exactly a proper crossover. While characters play certain roles, they don't follow the roles 100%. While Wilson is the Phineas of the group, he's not as hyper, and while Albert is playing the role of Ferb, he isn't as quiet as Ferb. (Though he is still more of a man of action rather than words.) So... you get the idea. Characters are put into roles, but they don't act like their roles.

Anyhow, the AU is set in a quaint little area known as the Tri-Shadow City area, a small group of cities that settled in Their World/The Shadow World under some... rather interesting circumstances that I will delve into later on a different post because there is so much to talk about, including how this idea even came to be in the first place. (It's... kind of a very weird story.)

But for now, I present the official designs of Wilson and Albert in this AU, and I'm thankful that @Quoth143 allowed Storm and I use to Albert for this whole thing. We just couldn't picture anyone else as Wilson's bro.

And as an extra treat, these were details on a pic known as Resonance which the designs of Wilson and Albert you see here were featured on. These extras being the reflection in the water and Albert's badge.

Older WnA.pngAlbert Badge.png

Enjoy!

• Like 7

Agent What.png

So... wanna know how the whole idea for Wilson and Albert even got started?

Well the thing is, this drawing up here would technically be the start of all this madness. I had no intentions of actually doing a crossover since this picture was supposed to be a gag image because two friends of mine couldn't help themselves when it came to jokes. (This was right around when the werebeaver first appeared in StS and well, they were cracking jokes about how Woodie was like Perry the Platypus and was Maxwell's true nemesis and was the reason Maxwell just couldn't seem to get things done.) So yeah, I didn't think about it too much when I drew it since it was just me and two pals having fun.

Then came another piece which was originally just going to be a piece of fan art, but well... wound up expanding on the idea because Storm and I got talking about headcanons.

Wilson and Albert.png

This was supposed to be it when it came to the idea but sometimes ideas come flooding in and you can't just leave it at one pic. This thing is a little dated now since the style of the crossover has changed, and as has the design of the boys. For what it is, it did what I needed it to do which was emulate the series it was parodying, but after exploring the world more the style just wasn't cutting for me and well, the boys' designs needed some tweaking since they just looked like shrunk versions of their older selves. So... Yeah.

That's kind of it. Funny how ideas come about no?

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Quoth143 said:

I've been wondering, how does Queen Scarlet feel about the boys in the WnA AU?

Little Angels.png

She's rather fond of them unlike Maxwell, but this is mainly due to the fact they have no intentions of pranking her because... well she hasn't really done anything to provoke them.

Maxwell has been caught throwing Woodie out the castle and has on occasion ruined a project of theirs because it was annoying him or some other reason. So the boys mainly target him.

Scarlet on the other hand they have a soft spot for since she helped Albert with his curse and she's rather nice to them in general. (Also it doesn't help Scarlet is friends with their mother.) They often bring her roses they find on their little adventures in the out lands for her garden.

They also think she's not exactly aware that they're pranking her husband. In reality she is, and the only reason she doesn't really scold them for it often is because most of the time Maxwell has it coming. She just pretends to be oblivious. Though if it gets bad enough she does put her foot down, but mostly she just sees them as kids being kids. The only thing she isn't aware of is Woodie being a secret agent and often starts rolling her eyes whenever Maxwell brings him up.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, minespatch said:

How does the curse work in that au?

Al Curse Doodles.png

Al's curse isn't too much different from the original, but there are some minor differences.

Albert's full grue form only comes out during full moons and if you really get him ticked off.

On full moons he stays locked up in the house, hence why he's in his PJs in the drawing. However he doesn't go feral or lash out at anyone. Thanks to Scarlet, they were able to help reign it in a little. He'll have the instincts, but he won't be savage towards anyone. Well, least anyone in the family. Anyone else, he'll be a little defensive. Either way, it's not a fun time since he isn't able to sleep at all during full moons. Though Wilson tries to make light of the situation by staying up with him as long as he can. (And of course, Mom and Dad do what they can too when.)

As for ticking him off, quickest sure fire way is to really hurt Wilson. That's when the form comes out and he gets uber protective. He won't stop until Wilson is safe. This generally happens with monsters. Thankfully, no humans have been stupid enough to try.

So that sums up his grue form. However, as just his regular self, he's a little sensitive to light and on brighter and super hot days he has to wear a hat. He also has good hearing, and can see in the dark. He makes the most of it.

Other than that, he just has to be sure to keep his sanity in check, which his parents do their best at. Only downside is he does have to take "medicine" once a day to help. ("Nightmare fuel medicine is disgusting...")

So yeah, that's about it I think. Hope that answers the question..

... Someone give that poor kid a hug.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

I wonder why most of them have elf/pointy ears, yet Wilson doesn't.

Maxwell and Scarlet are full on shadow beings.

Albert is half.

Wilson is full on human.

If you're half or full shadow being you get pointy ears. Albert originally didn't have any. Those came after he got cursed.

• Like 3