Making Shipwrecked seasons more challenging?

Shipwrecked seems to have seasons that are very much the same as in RoG. I mean, yeah, they're supposed to be like a Hawai... Hawaia... Hawaian? Representations of Autumn, Winter, Spring and Summer, though, since they're considered "new seasons" and since this is a DLC made to expand on some content and challenge, I thought "hei, why not have the seasons made harder?" so, here are my suggestions:

1) Hurricane Season - make it not just needing to deal with rain and wind, but also a bit of cold. Especially when wind itself is blowing. The season might be pretty harsh already, but since cold is nowhere to be found in this DLC, why the heck not apply it to an already harsh season to make it even harsher... Because fun :D! And of course, we'd need some insulating clothing for Shipwrecked too, otherwise you could not survive it without sticking next to a fire you need to constantly fuel unless you get to RoG/Vanilla before the season starts or start out in RoG/Vanilla world.

2) Monsoon season - Add overheating as a sort of a minor challenge. First you deal with rain and freezing (and wind), now you're dealing with rain and some overheating... and puddles! Also, to make it just slightly less annoying, perhaps the puddles could dry up by the very end of Monsoon season and not at like day 5 of Dry seasons, because it just seems off/out of place and bugged out when there's puddles during Dry season.

3) Dry season - Bring in the smoldering! I mean, yeah, the thing is already pretty hard, but considering the amount of gears you get and that Flingomatics have basically become useless now (Volcanius Shootius pls? So we can stay in our bases during volcanic eruptions? Your base could still burn down if you don't manage the flingos then too! Cause I mean, I often just lose track of the volcano eruptions and then coming in too early, just to go back to your base for cooling off your thermal stone and then have the eruption start... Plus hound attacks might occur in the middle of it all! So, having some form of base protection from volcano rocks would be great. And Volcanius Shootius being a Shipwrecked version of Houndius Shootius which shoots at volcano rocks to destroy them just in time, which would just loot fire then would be great! I mean, yeah, I can use a chilled amulet, but... come on, Klei :p), having smoldering occasionally ocurring, considering that in reality it's warmer in that kind of places than it is in foresty places like where many of us live, it would make sense too.

I personally think that the seasons in SW aren't as challenging as RoG's because survival in the tropics is harder to begin with, also, temperature in SW doesn't change as much as it does in RoG because year-round temperatures in the tropics are way less shifty than in climates near the poles (irl), but I've been having an idea to make a challenge with. How about a new option of "Average Temprature" is added to world costumization, both in SW and RoG, with at least the options -cold-, -default-, -hot? Then they could add something like -colder- and hotter-. What do you think?

in real life. Temperatures on the island are very hot. I doubt freezing would ever become a slight mechanic. There is freezing sometimes but that is only if you are wet. Though it is just a game. Dont starve can have some realistic factors. Maybe the chiminea can just reduce the amount of fire taken from wind instead of entirely not letting the wind affect it.

Archived