JanH

How to Opt-In to "A New Reign Beta" for Don't Starve Together

66 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, FC_M said:

I have been trying to join any klei server let alone the beta testing ones and honestly they are all gone! Every time I log on to browse the servers they are all regular users and the Klei dedicated ones are no where to be found. When I try to log on to the only Beta one I can find, it wants a password, but I was not given one when I opted in. I have plaid on a beta server, but now I can't seem to find any!

The Klei dedicated servers are reserved for the main branch, though I don't know how you have this other problem. Are your filter settings changed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JanH,

to be perfectly honest. I know this topic is quite old, aug 2016. Still I guess I have to tell something.

You cannot and should not, probably, change the game rules every few months or even every year. This is not what makes a great game.

You guys are long due to make a finished and polished version and stop. Just STOP modifying it.

Players' mods are okay, but YOU guys have to stop changing it.

That's what I think, thanks for listening.

 

yours, __

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-01-31 at 4:13 PM, Russian said:

JanH,

to be perfectly honest. I know this topic is quite old, aug 2016. Still I guess I have to tell something.

You cannot and should not, probably, change the game rules every few months or even every year. This is not what makes a great game.

You guys are long due to make a finished and polished version and stop. Just STOP modifying it.

Players' mods are okay, but YOU guys have to stop changing it.

That's what I think, thanks for listening.

 

yours, __

But How would it ever be finished and polished if they stop modyfying it?

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Couldn't get in, the last option has a different wording than mine, I have "game file", instructions say "game cache".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

look at the bottom comment

 

Edited by NoahHoyte

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait i found out why go into updates and put background downloads to always allow thats the problem 

 

 

 

I am glad i could help 

NoahHoyte

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@JanH will it be a separate dlc and will we have to pay for it when its out of beta? IM fine with tat and would prefer a separate dlc then just an update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Twofacedcat said:

@JanH will it be a separate dlc and will we have to pay for it when its out of beta? IM fine with tat and would prefer a separate dlc then just an update.

Nope, ANR is a completely free DLC, so basically just a big content update :)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/02/2017 at 11:43 AM, ImDaMisterL said:

Nope, ANR is a completely free DLC, so basically just a big content update :)

sweet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried to do this but it won't let me bring down the dropdown menu on the 'BETAS' tab . Do I need to enter a code?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I learnt this myself... (Finds out there is a forum post for this)

YOU SERIOUS?

-------

On a side note, its better when I play beta alone so I can test things on my own without someone screwing it up.

Spoiler

 

Unless I invite them..

Spoiler

Partly..

 

 

Edited by DatShadowJK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I create a beta world and want to move it back out of beta after all releases, am I able to do that? People have told me that beta doesn't have everything the regular servers have lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.