JanH

How to Opt-In to "A New Reign Beta" for Don't Starve Together

66 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, FC_M said:

I have been trying to join any klei server let alone the beta testing ones and honestly they are all gone! Every time I log on to browse the servers they are all regular users and the Klei dedicated ones are no where to be found. When I try to log on to the only Beta one I can find, it wants a password, but I was not given one when I opted in. I have plaid on a beta server, but now I can't seem to find any!

The Klei dedicated servers are reserved for the main branch, though I don't know how you have this other problem. Are your filter settings changed?

JanH,

to be perfectly honest. I know this topic is quite old, aug 2016. Still I guess I have to tell something.

You cannot and should not, probably, change the game rules every few months or even every year. This is not what makes a great game.

You guys are long due to make a finished and polished version and stop. Just STOP modifying it.

Players' mods are okay, but YOU guys have to stop changing it.

That's what I think, thanks for listening.

yours, __

On 2017-01-31 at 4:13 PM, Russian said:

JanH,

to be perfectly honest. I know this topic is quite old, aug 2016. Still I guess I have to tell something.

You cannot and should not, probably, change the game rules every few months or even every year. This is not what makes a great game.

You guys are long due to make a finished and polished version and stop. Just STOP modifying it.

Players' mods are okay, but YOU guys have to stop changing it.

That's what I think, thanks for listening.

yours, __

But How would it ever be finished and polished if they stop modyfying it?

4 people like this

Couldn't get in, the last option has a different wording than mine, I have "game file", instructions say "game cache".

look at the bottom comment

Edited by NoahHoyte

Wait i found out why go into updates and put background downloads to always allow thats the problem 

I am glad i could help 

NoahHoyte

@JanH will it be a separate dlc and will we have to pay for it when its out of beta? IM fine with tat and would prefer a separate dlc then just an update.

1 hour ago, Twofacedcat said:

@JanH will it be a separate dlc and will we have to pay for it when its out of beta? IM fine with tat and would prefer a separate dlc then just an update.

Nope, ANR is a completely free DLC, so basically just a big content update :)

1 person likes this

On 22/02/2017 at 11:43 AM, ImDaMisterL said:

Nope, ANR is a completely free DLC, so basically just a big content update :)

sweet

I tried to do this but it won't let me bring down the dropdown menu on the 'BETAS' tab . Do I need to enter a code?

I learnt this myself... (Finds out there is a forum post for this)

YOU SERIOUS?

-------

On a side note, its better when I play beta alone so I can test things on my own without someone screwing it up.

Spoiler

Unless I invite them..

Spoiler

Partly..

Edited by DatShadowJK

If I create a beta world and want to move it back out of beta after all releases, am I able to do that? People have told me that beta doesn't have everything the regular servers have lol