JanH

How to Opt-In to "A New Reign Beta" for Don't Starve Together

65 posts in this topic

Do I need to create a new world for A New Reign changes to take effect, or they'll be implemented in already running world (with caves)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, KiraSempai1 said:

Do I need to create a new world for A New Reign changes to take effect, or they'll be implemented in already running world (with caves)?

ANR will create a separate save directory called DontStarveTogetherANewReign. You can run the game then copy all you original DST save files into it if you would like to continue an existing world. Also, all the content we add will be retrofitted into your worlds so you don't have to create new worlds every update.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ScottHansen Is it possible to copy only one world from the old DST directory into the Beta? I tried it with one, I copied the Cluster_2 directory and verified the steam game cache, but it seems not to work.

I had a really good world before the ANR beta but I'd also like to keep some from the beta-worlds. Is it possible?

Edited by fimmatek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

@ScottHansen Is it possible to copy only one world from the old DST directory into the Beta? I tried it with one, I copied the Cluster_2 directory, but it seems not to work.

I had a really good world before the ANR beta but I'd also like to keep some from the beta-worlds. Is it possible?

For a single world, its fairly complicated and requires modifying a number of files by hand, and is different if you are using caves or not. Unfortunately I don't have the time right now to write a tutorial and verify it works. Maybe someone in the community has had some success duplicating worlds.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

For a single world, its fairly complicated and requires modifying a number of files by hand, and is different if you are using caves or not. Unfortunately I don't have the time right now to write a tutorial and verify it works. Maybe someone in the community has had some success duplicating worlds.

Thank you for your answer! 

I'll work than on my beta worlds. It'll be only question of time, to reach the same level again :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2016 at 0:58 AM, MeAndTheHousewife said:

I did all the above but i'm still unable to play on the beta servers.Do i miss something?

i have the same problem....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, noinlj said:

I want join

Then just follow the instructions in the first page :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to be included too please.  How would I go about testing it?  I can see it in the Browse Online Game servers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, delfie8 said:

I would like to be included too please.  How would I go about testing it?  I can see it in the Browse Online Game servers.

Just read and follow the instructions on the first post of this thread :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/15/2016 at 2:49 AM, ImDaMisterL said:

Yes, your older maps will stay stored in the save folders in DoNotStarveTogether while your A New Reign maps will remain saved in the DoNotStarveTogetherANewReignBeta folder :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When the beta it's over, the worlds in the beta will vanish? Or it will be in the full game? Because I would like to not lost this map...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Tuxe said:

When the beta it's over, the worlds in the beta will vanish? Or it will be in the full game? Because I would like to not lost this map...

at the end of beta, both branches should be running on same versions, so your world will be fine

Edited by filipsperl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We don't have to opt-out of the beta now that the beta has concluded right? The two branches are now the same?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/25/2016 at 9:55 PM, Aeglefire said:

We don't have to opt-out of the beta now that the beta has concluded right? The two branches are now the same?

I don't know if this is counted as bumping or not, but the beta is not over. Right now the branches are the same but A New Reigns still have a couple of updates left to go before its finished. When the beta is over, they will remove the beta branch entirely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can consider "A New Reign" as an "expansion" for Don't Starve Together, adding lots of useful and cool new features to the game. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TheSoupRunner said:

What will be added to A New Reign? What is the point of it?

It's considered Charlie's Reign over the world, adding in tons of new items, enemies, events, etc. that have already been added into the base game without needing to opt into the beta. The main branch and beta branch are both at the same level of content at the moment, but there's still more updates to come, so stay tuned!

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been trying to join any klei server let alone the beta testing ones and honestly they are all gone! Every time I log on to browse the servers they are all regular users and the Klei dedicated ones are no where to be found. When I try to log on to the only Beta one I can find, it wants a password, but I was not given one when I opted in. I have plaid on a beta server, but now I can't seem to find any!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now