Bee Mines vs Giants

Bees vs. Dragonfly?

That’s the greatest joke I heard, hahaha.

Seriously, Dragonfly is nearly impossible to beat by using any mobs you can think of. I suggest tank-kiting it using tentacle spike or better (tank the swipe, kite the fire slam) and preparing atleast football helmet and log suit, three each. The easiest way is obviously 20 ash or panflute paired with 14 gunpowder. If you want variation in killing the dragonfly, you may want to craft 2 weather pains, spam all durability of the first weather pain and atleast half of the second weather pain, dragonfly will be good as dead. Also during winter, farm azure feather and make 28 blow darts, beating it will be trivial. Using old bell + ice staff is a good combo too.

The only giant that you might find use in the bee mines for is the Goose, but even then there are much more efficient ways of killing it.

Bee mines are most useful to take a regular (spider queen, treeguard) boss' attention away from you. Against hordes of enemies like hounds, I find that tooth traps are more effective and cheaper in the long run.

I've been using ashes and 14 gunpowder on Dragonfly. I have a tooth trap area for hounds, I just made another tooth trap area that I have started to use on Moosegoose/DeerClops and sometimes Bearger. I prefer Bearger to destroy a couple tree farms and 2 treeguards will kill him. I plan to make a houndius shootius soon. I've died a couple times from the cave's spilagmite spiders, I finally cleared all of the ones around the ruins entrance. But I have trouble with the terrorbeaks/shadow monsters in the Ruins. Once I find the ancient guardian, I will recruit rock lobsters to kill it and mine a few statues for thulecite.

I think two houndius shootius with tooth traps around it could take out Moosegoose/Deerclops/hound attacks with little effort. I was just looking for an alternative for Dragonfly other than using gunpowder but I guess not.

1 hour ago, Ispin69 said:

I was just looking for an alternative for Dragonfly other than using gunpowder but I guess not.

Apparently you can get the dragon stuck between a boulder and an endothermic fire pit if you place them close enough, then proceed to kite him and dodge his swipe attack (since he can't move forward tp hit you it's possible to dodge without a speed boost), but I haven't had much success with this technique and I usually resort to using gunpowder or running away.

Archived