*realizes is terrible at everything*

*is depressed*

*no one cares*

*kills self*

DONT GIVE UP YET!

BESIDES YOU'RE NOT TERRIBLE AT EVERYTHING YA SILLY NOODLE

YOU'RE A GOOD FRIEND O' MINE.

THAT'S JUST ONE.

We're all your friend Paxtonnn and we don't think you're useless or anything. I mean I even drew one of your OCs! ^_^ (If you saw that tag...).

If it makes you feel any better, I can't use SAI like all those awesome artists out there either (and if you ask me, I've seen some REALLY bad art out there and you're WAY better than that, I know it :) )

I gotchu covered, with the

How to Not Feel Like Garbage about Your Art Guide By RyanandLink
Step 1. Avoid looking at art like this at all costs: 

Spoiler

Step 2. Look at art like this

Spoiler

Step 3. Now look at your own art and come to the conclusion that thats some fresh mmm gucci gg stuff

And that's it! As simple as that, 1-2-3 done. 
[disclaimer: no I have nothing against anyone's art I mentioned blah blah it's a joke]

Well, the thing is, I know my art is better than some on the internet.

I just have really, really low self-confidence.

Plus, Mena, Zek, Battal, Lipton, Toast, Minespatch, you, and so many of the people on here make my art look bad with all your absolutely amazing art.

1 hour ago, Paxtonnnn said:

Wow, I just realized I'm wasting a whole page of my ART THREAD just to COMPLAIN.

Then go draw something. You should be drawing every day

yeesh.png

The only reason any of us here are worth mentioning is that we practice. I've been drawing for ten years. You're not gonna get better if you fall into the generic cycle of self-deprecating and drawing once every two weeks. Do you want help? Here's my advice- practice every day drawing what you want, while making sure what you want to draw helps you improve in some way. Go find artists to look up to and take your favorite things from their style, and start using them for yourself. Use tutorials when you get stuck. Don't be lazy. Realize that a lot of things effect how you draw traditionally, from the stabilization of your own hand to the way you erase things and apply pressure. You can copy things, you can trace things, you can be inspired by other people's work, only for the sake of improving. The saddest thing you can do is tell us you suck all the time, whether you want pity or not. 

It's gonna take time, have some patience and don't be harsh on yourself. 

Spoiler

Image result for arin hanson inspirational quotes mozart

57 minutes ago, Paxtonnnn said:

That's where you're wrong.

I turn myself down.

So what? You're not the best judge of your own art work. But, maybe if others enjoy it, it's good enough.*

*I'm talking about judging the "worth" of your art. Not necessarily about judging where and how to improve.

Archived