Barely any servers?

6 minutes ago, Vixnia said:

The registration for the PS4 beta says a randomized selection of active players will be chosen, what does it mean by active players? How does it know who's active? Active on ps4?

Wrong topic/sub-forum my friend...

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/forum/120-dont-starve-together-ps4-beta/

*sigh*

Got ninja'd by @ImDaMisterL too ;-;

*goes to bed at 2am*

Good night (@__@)/

(tee hee)

Hi all,

if you don't find the server on the game and also if you have this error on the server:

[00:00:25]: [Error] Master Server Broadcast Error: DB_FAIL

you can still join the server with IP adress

c_connect("IP address", port, "password")

example: c_connect("10.0.0.8", 10999)

just open the console in the game (press ù or check your settings) and write your commands

that's works perfectly with my dedicated server

it's just an alternative solution until the problem is fixed

160724082741141.png

29 minutes ago, nome said:
7 minutes ago, ToNiO55 said:

Hi all,

if you don't find the server on the game because you have this error on the server:

[00:00:25]: [Error] Master Server Broadcast Error: DB_FAIL

you can still join the server with IP adress

c_connect("IP address", port, "password")

example: c_connect("10.0.0.8", 10999)

just open the console in the game (press ù or check your settings) and write your commands

that's works perfectly with my dedicated server

it's just an alternative solution until the problem is fixed

160724082741141.png

Thank you, am I able to connect to a non dedicated server this way if I have their IP? Also is 10999 the port i should use?

12 minutes ago, ToNiO55 said:

@Vixnia

yes of course

if the port is on default (10999), you can just make c_connect("IP address")

that's works if you want join host game or dedicated server

Thank you so much, it works. Would clicking on them on your steam friendslist and click join game work or no?

On the topic of servers... If I was to make a dedicated-server based MMO, would I always need a dedicated server? And if I do, then lets say, idk, the player base was like... 10 000 people wide... >.> ... how much would the master server cost to rent or buy (presenting both options would be nice)? It's probably a server that will fill a quarter of my bedroom, I'm guessing...

20 minutes ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

On the topic of servers... If I was to make a dedicated-server based MMO, would I always need a dedicated server? And if I do, then lets say, idk, the player base was like... 10 000 people wide... >.> ... how much would the master server cost to rent or buy (presenting both options would be nice)? It's probably a server that will fill a quarter of my bedroom, I'm guessing...

Probably, but it wouldn't be in your bedroom to begin with. If you want to rent servers (because most likely it wouldn't be just one, but multiple in a cluster), then you might end up paying several thousands of dollars per month. Just a guess.

2 hours ago, nome said:

How're things looking for people now?

My dedicated worlds appear to be working and I can see the usual amount of servers online.

Thanks guys!

-EDIT- The Catcoon Den server isn't letting me go into the caves, not sure if it's just specifically that server or not, otherwise everything works.

--EDIT-- Seems to work now, don't know what changed.

22 minutes ago, Weird Wanderer said:

My dedicated worlds appear to be working and I can see the usual amount of servers online.

Thanks guys!

-EDIT- The Catcoon Den server isn't letting me go into the caves, not sure if it's just specifically that server or not, otherwise everything works.

i restart server and caves work now.

Slave shards don't seem to be working. And, for some reason, the slave shards seem stuck at:

[00:00:10]: Has start node    Clearing    

[00:00:10]: Baking map...    400    
[00:00:10]: [WorldSimActual::GenerateVoronoiMap]
[00:00:10]: GenerateVoronoiMap [1]:
[00:00:10]: ...Done.
[00:00:10]: [AddEmptyNodes]
[00:00:10]: GenerateVoronoiMap [100]:

Not sure if that's me, because it seems to me that there is no communication with the server listing at this point. However, since I can't find any fault elsewhere, it seems that it is no coincidence.

On the master shard, which is working, it is followed by this:

[07:03:20]: GenerateVoronoiMap [100]:

[07:03:20]: World 6 is now disconnected    
[07:03:20]: World 2 is now disconnected    
[07:03:20]: World 11 is now disconnected    
[07:03:22]: ...Done.

Can't be a coincidence. Shard communication is messed up, I think. This probably to be verified with the Klei servers (cluster tokens, etc).

Edit: Nvm. Was being stupid again. >_>

3 hours ago, Joachim said:

Probably, but it wouldn't be in your bedroom to begin with. If you want to rent servers (because most likely it wouldn't be just one, but multiple in a cluster), then you might end up paying several thousands of dollars per month. Just a guess.

Aren't there huge servers that support hundred/thousands of players at the same time?

Like, how many players (if it's like a 2D and a pretty basic MMO) could this server hold? Just 8?

https://www.etb-tech.com/poweredge-m1000e-blades-enclosure-with-8-x-m710-blades.html?gclid=CJGxv6qSjc4CFeUp0wodF2kMaw#.V5VAWfkrLcs

• Developer
20 minutes ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

Aren't there huge servers that support hundred/thousands of players at the same time?

There are in games that were written to be multiplayer from day one. DST is not one of those. :) 

5 hours ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

Like, how many players (if it's like a 2D and a pretty basic MMO) could this server hold? Just 8?

https://www.etb-tech.com/poweredge-m1000e-blades-enclosure-with-8-x-m710-blades.html?gclid=CJGxv6qSjc4CFeUp0wodF2kMaw#.V5VAWfkrLcs

The highest I saw at a time in a server was about 40 and it was pretty laggy. I think you can technically host up to 64 players, but it could get wonky after 32. Anyways why would you even want to host a server that could support hundreds or thousands of players?

5 hours ago, smallishbird said:

The highest I saw at a time in a server was about 40 and it was pretty laggy. I think you can technically host up to 64 players, but it could get wonky after 32. Anyways why would you even want to host a server that could support hundreds or thousands of players?

Because people are ought to want to play the game that I'm making... it's a 2D replica for an existing game, which currently is going downhill. Many people have left the game and many who have not hate it a lot, even though enjoy the game-play and like the concept of the game and whatnot. So, once mine is released, I'm expecting a lot of people wanting to play. I'm guessing I'll need 1 huge master server, but the question is, if it's like 10 000 players and they host their own servers, how heavy would the master server need to be?

This isn't about hosting a server for that many players to play all on one map/world/battle or whatever, this is the master server, the kind which Klei has, so since Klei is getting players in a few hundreds and thousands (I can only assume since there's over 1.5 hundred servers out there online), how heavy of a master server would I need? And how much would it cost approximately to rent/buy?

Archived