Make an option to separate Ruins from Caves (like in DS)

Caves and Ruins are definitely more entertaining and interesting in DS rather that DST. I vividly remember how it was heart-pounding to prepare for a journey into the Caves and the Ruins in DS. And how exciting the exploration and survival inside of them was. No, it's not just because it was for the first time in DS, it's about the general atmosphere. It's that no more in DST and it is very disappointing for me personally. It's a whole big topic, but one reason of that is the merge of the Caves and the Ruins into the single level. I'm aware that merge is an intention to prevent the need of the additional server instance. But I'm sure that's not a problem for a plenty of players due to the fact that their computers are powerful enough - especially in family scenarios while there is just a couple of players with low latencies.

One way or another: there is definitely should be an in-game option to separate the Ruins from the Caves.

On 7/24/2016 at 6:25 PM, 416728_1452784820 said:

As said, i suppose that first they would need to develop an easier way to create dedicated servers...

Agree with that. But I also think that one thing should not exclude the other one. :)

On the topic of Dedicated servers... Why hasn't this been done yet? Like, couldn't you just select your options and toggle whether you want to launch it as a hosted or a dedicated server and then of course it would open up the... the... the compiler was it? And so closing the debugger would shut down the server. Saves the trouble of getting into the files and writing things out for yourself and then saving multiple data and blahdiblahdiblah... In which case we'll also need more save slots! The first 5 ain't enuff, I think.

In terms of the merge, perhaps... depends on the lore; did Charlie bring up the ruins up to the caves? Or is this purely game mechanics and not related to lore at all?

13 minutes ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

In terms of the merge, perhaps... depends on the lore; did Charlie bring up the ruins up to the caves? Or is this purely game mechanics and not related to lore at all?

Yeah... :T my concern about it when they said that the caves and ruins merged was the lore too... but now we see that the ruins have developed a stage-like feel to it with all the chairs and "pillars"... so I think lore-wise, she might have changed the ruins and caves to her own image... (I mean the throne room itself became very... elegant)

Archived