Survive the Shadows

Shadows-15A.gif

So... I have a bit of a story to tell before I hit the sack for the night.

Well, today was a busy day in learning how to animate run cycles. Started with the hound up top and the next thing was a human one. And well, Wilson is generally my first choice when it comes to trying out new things so he got to be the runner...Oi... Let me tell ya something about run cycles.

Animals are easier. They don't need as many frames and are on four legs. The hound one is only 7 frames.

Humans. It gets a little tricky. You have to worry about arms and legs along with the torso and the head. Wilson has 12 frames. So almost about twice as much as the hound.

Let's just say today was kind of a long ride with Wildork. I had one sketch that wound up crashing and burning because it just did not look right. (The ref I was using didn't have all the poses so it just looked weird.) Then the second sketch... It worked since it resulted in what we see here but... Well, only mishap had was I had the frames reversed when I drew them so.. Wilson was kind of moon walking. (It was actually really hilarious when it happened.) Thankfully it was easily fixed by arranging the frames back in order.

Then came the long process of rough sketching, cleaning, coloring and so on... There was a lot of music listening and talking to Storm so I could finish this. And well, here it is. I'm so darn happy with it and relieved that it's done. So... yeah... humans are hard to animate.

Total time for Hound: 4 hours

Total time for Wilson: 8 hours

And that's it for now.

Just glad to see Wilson coming alive.

Enjoy!

- Aileen Rose

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, minespatch said:

That baseball cap version of your hat reminds me of Steven Spielberg. :wilson_ecstatic:

Funny you should mention the hat. XD It's a legit thing I own that I wear pretty much 24/7. My cartoon self is never without the darn thing. It just takes a different look with my Don't Starve-sona.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Quoth143 said:

One of the details I really like is the contrast of their hair shines. Wilson's is red and Albert's is blue, that looks awesome!

>w< Hehe, thank you. I had a lot of run playing with the hair on these two. Just wanted it to pop more.

• Like 2

Your guys persona's outfits are based of real clothes you actually own and I'm just sitting here like: ... Yeah I don't own a purple shirt or a blue skirt... or a cool necklace.

I still have yet to find someone else like this.

On a different note, that's a cool picture of Wilson and Albert :)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Your guys persona's outfits are based of real clothes you actually own and I'm just sitting here like: ... Yeah I don't own a purple shirt or a blue skirt... or a cool necklace.

I still have yet to find someone else like this.

You could find those at thrift stores. Used clothes aren't a bad thing.

• Like 1