Survive the Shadows

Book of Shadows Cover2.png

Fallen King Cover.pngDark Knowledge Cover.pngThe Magician's Shadow.png

The Magician's Shadow Version 2.pngScientific Symphony.pngFire Dance.png

All the covers for Book of Shadows including the main one.

We finally made it to the end of the story. Was one heck of a ride even if it did end on a sad note but then again, these stories that basically end in darkness lead up to a story that ends in light.

Coming up for a cover for this series was a little tricky but after a few trial and errors we have this. The symbols in the four circles are representative of the first four stories in Book of Shadows while the center represents William’s story. See if you can figure out which circle corresponds to which story.

Incantation - Precious - Illusion - Insanity

Thank you to all those who read to the end you are all truly, amazing.

• Like 4

storyboards.png

Ok I just wanted to say something. After a couple animations (Chester and Fire Starter) I was beginning to suspect that you were gonna do an introduction of each character. I think this proves my suspicions :p I wanna ask something regarding Ghost Flower but that can be answered when it's finished. I have a feeling the certain part won't be in it though.

Also, another concern came to mind... if you are planning all the character storyboards, does that mean you'll do Wilson meeting Jack as well? (Cos we all know how that happened :? ) or as a comic, does it not need a storyboard?

1 hour ago, DragonMage156 said:

Also, another concern came to mind... if you are planning all the character storyboards, does that mean you'll do Wilson meeting Jack as well? (Cos we all know how that happened :? ) or as a comic, does it not need a storyboard?

Here's the thing with the stuff I decide to storyboard.

I board things because I would think it would be interesting to see what it would look like in a different format along with hearing it with voices, music, etc. However, it should be noted I can't board everything since some things just don't work as boards. There's a reason I said I would never board all of Survive the Shadows.

Adaption is tricky and things do get cut for certain reasons. The Firestarter for example has quite a few pieces of dialogue omitted from the original chapter it is based off of because then it would turn into too much talking and well, with a medium like a storyboard it's visuals and pacing that are key to keeping it from being boring.

That aside, my plans for future boards involving certain characters will vary but I will say this. Jack is not omitted from the list because he had a comic. He could very well get an introduction storyboard just like anyone else since while we saw how Jack found Wilson in comic format, we did not see their conversation in comic format. That was lit format. If I were to board anything involving the two it would most likely be that.

But that just depends if I feel the need for it. I love seeing characters come to life, I just can't do everything since time and other things. So, Jack is still a contender just as much as anyone else.

All depends what I feel like doing storyboards for since all of them benefit me in regards to just practicing my craft. I mean, if anything, last week was a prime example of I board what I feel like boarding when I did the Damsel in Distress Storyboard. I didn't have to do that but I wanted to because I thought it would be fun to do it, plus draw some funny facial expressions and hear a character with a certain voice.

So yeah, we'll see what happens. Mood is the main thing that determines if I'll do something. Also time. That too.

Edited by Aileen-Rose
  • Like 3

Ask Wilson 90 dA.png

Wilson: They mean well though since I admit I can be unpleasant person when I’m stressed out.

Also, there is the occasional let’s hide Papa’s tools and see how long it takes for him to realize they’re not with him while he’s working.

And in case you were wondering, the others do have their form of pranks but we don’t do it often. Again, we usually start pulling pranks if we need a good laugh. Nothing harmful, just all good fun.

• Like 4

20170507_140413_HDR-1-1.jpg

I will carry Hell to your doorstep; you will rue the day

You will reap the hate you’ve sown no matter how hard you pray

It’s a place without any mercy, fashioned in cold blood

Stones of fear and stones of doubt

No forgiveness, no way out

Only justice

Then, amen

Edited by Aileen-Rose
  • Like 3

25 days later and it’s all finally rendered. Thank you to everyone who helped me with not losing my head during production. You’re all immensely amazing. Now if you’ll excuse me I’m gonna go curl up in bed with a book for a day or two.

• Like 5

Woodie and Lucy.png

“Wait a minute, you two are married?”

“Eh, not traditionally but we are. Let’s just say I didn’t get the father’s approval entirely because he wasn’t fond of his daughter running off with some "hick” as he put it.“

"So, we found a priest and tied the knot. Small wedding but it’s just what we wanted. Happiest day of my life.”

“You eloped. I never would’ve guessed. I mean I knew you two were close but… I just never thought…”

“Well, we don’t really bring it up. Plus, I always have my gloves on so no one can see the ring. I was so grateful my curse didn’t destroy the thing. It took forever to make it smooth to the point of no splinters. Regardless, being married doesn’t mean flaunting the fact it happened. Being married means living for one another and sticking it through to the end no matter what comes your way.”

- Light in the Shadows: Patch Job

• Like 4

On 5/9/2017 at 2:37 AM, Aileen-Rose said:

Now if you’ll excuse me I’m gonna go curl up in bed with a book for a day or two.

When Willow got to the part of remembering Maxwell and such, I remembered the part I read. So it's nice seeing visualization to this eight minute animation. You put a lot of effort into this. Can't wait to show it to my father.

10 hours ago, Aileen-Rose said:

Woodie and Lucy.png

I don't think I've gotten a chance to read the story yet due to other matters holding me back. How did Lucy get that scar?