Survive the Shadows

TF 20.png

Huge thanks to those who came to the stream today. You saved me a lot of sanity by being there. (You know who you are. :wilson_wink:)

This wasn't something I worked on in particular today but I still wanted to share it. Mainly because of the story I kept sharing at the stream with everyone.

That spider queen right there has a name now.

Her name is Sciatica.

Why Sciatica?

Because that's what my mom decided would be her name.

It's literal translation from Latin means pain in the buttock.

I love my mom. she's awesome.

That is all.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Aileen-Rose said:

This wasn't something I worked on in particular today but I still wanted to share it. Mainly because of the story I kept sharing at the stream with everyone.

That spider queen right there has a name now.

Her name is Sciatica.

Why Sciatica?

Because that's what my mom decided would be her name.

It's literal translation from Latin means pain in the buttock.

I love my mom. she's awesome.

That is all.

Your mother sounds pretty funny XD oh the wonderous names you can get from Latin translations ^_^

So is she Latin or just knows the language?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Your mother sounds pretty funny XD oh the wonderous names you can get from Latin translations ^_^

So is she Latin or just knows the language?

Latin is used a lot in medical terms so my mother knows this kind of stuff since A. She was once an assistant to an oral surgeon and B. She's a medical geek. (Just like I am.)

Sciatica, can be found in the name Sciatic Nerve, which is an actual nerve in your nervous system located in the upper leg and can cause a lot of pain if it's firing off signals incorrectly.

And I'm just gonna stop before I geek out entirely over medicine. There's a reason if you look at most of the fandoms I've been in there will be at least ONE doctor OC/Character running around somewhere.

Edited by Aileen-Rose
  • Like 3

TF-29.gif

Another complicated one since I had to do turn around stuff. Again, despite the lack of lip syncing this still takes forever.

Though one thing I will say. I loved drawing every facial expression on this one.

Bottom line: Wilson is just very startled at seeing Willow appear since well, it's been 45 days since he's seen an actual human besides Maxwell.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Aileen-Rose said:

Latin is used a lot in medical terms so my mother knows this kind of stuff since A. She was once an assistant to an oral surgeon and B. She's a medical geek. (Just like I am.)

And I'm just gonna stop before I geek out entirely over medicine. There's a reason if you look at most of the fandoms I've been in there will be at least ONE doctor OC/Character running around somewhere.

So you're a geek for medical related stuff and a dork for your fandoms :p

I remember that Jack Carter is the doctor of DS ;)

Btw, that animation is looking awesome! ^_^

• Like 1

Jenny Concept Sketches.png

One last thing before bed. Just some sketches of Ms. Jenny since I haven't touched on her in awhile. Doesn't help she hasn't really actually appeared in Survive the Shadows. Most she has gotten is Defying Gravity and well, that ain't much.

So just sketches I did while Storm and I chatted about her. Left sketch is her more casual outings and such and the right sketch is her work clothes.

Jenny is a tailor so she has to dress accordingly as to be able to work in her environment and not ruin her better duds. But she does like feeling pretty and dressing up so on her off time she dresses like she does on the left.

So yeah, we do want to touch base on her more just trying to pace it right.

Edited by Aileen-Rose
  • Like 4