Yet Another Art Thread

Sporb

On 10/18/2016 at 7:41 PM, DragonMage156 said:

Looks like one of Battal's OCs :p

You know... I was kinda afraid of that.

On 10/19/2016 at 4:28 PM, DwerBomb said:

Casual outfit :)

Stylish and comfortable?

So because I can't ever be totally happy with anything, I messed around with lighting effects some more and hopefully improved it.

Spoiler

New:

oa7QBFn.png

Old for comparison:

Spoiler

2MIvoAS.png

Okay I'm done with this drawing for real this time.

Why does this have so many layers?

28 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

I can't even see the difference 0_0

Yeah, it's probably unnecessary to continue tweaking things then. :p

Let's see... I adjusted the colors on the outlines of Alphys (not the trashcan) and added some highlights to her glasses and sweat droplets. I added more pinkish glow to some things, including the shading actually. Giving shading a tint was something I recently heard you could do and I wanted to try it out, I guess.

3 hours ago, Sporb said:

Yeah, it's probably unnecessary to continue tweaking things then. :p

Let's see... I adjusted the colors on the outlines of Alphys (not the trashcan) and added some highlights to her glasses and sweat droplets. I added more pinkish glow to some things, including the shading actually. Giving shading a tint was something I recently heard you could do and I wanted to try it out, I guess.

Ah now I see them. Thanks :) Looks good.

2 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

No Morby, that's not how you hold a huge enchanted club!

I don't think she cares :p

Morbelle isn't really a talented fighter; instead she tends to rely on brute strength. And the enchantments on her club mean that she technically doesn't have to hold it at all. That's because it's similar magic to that which binds her soul to her skeleton, allowing her to (clumsily) control it as she controls her own body.

15 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Well, that's why you're posting in Off Topic. It looks like a nice piece. Did you work from a black background and work from the way up? What inspired you?

I think I just started with black outlines for the fire, firewood, etc. Then I changed the outlines to different colors and added a dark background, and I used that when coloring and adding lighting effects. Actually, the background was too bright and one of the last things I did was to darken it.

What inspired  this drawing? Well... Don't Starve, actually, even though there's nothing really explicit to connect it to the game. Hence the pine trees, darkness, and a funny looking log. That, and real life bonfires. After seeing Mena's glowing mushroom drawing, I kinda wanted to draw something glowy, and for whatever reason I thought a bonfire would be cool to draw.

For what it's worth, I actually drew most of this last Sunday night and only added some finishing touches and adjusted the colors today.

Well this is a sketchy mess. I basically just wanted to fool around with character design without focusing so much on getting a good drawing out of it. So we get no pose, no symmetry, and the wrong number of fingers! Among other issues, I'm sure.

u839VJJ.png

Whatever. I think this is at least closer to what I had in mind for Morbelle's armor. More stylish and less practical.

Does anyone like me posting something like this, or should I always hold off until I get around to finishing drawings?

On 11/29/2016 at 4:44 PM, minespatch said:

Keep posting wips and progress pieces. It'll fill the thread while you get finished projects through.

The problem is, I usually don't have time even for stuff like that, and when I get time, I'll work until I finish something. I should probably stop doing that, but I'm not good at time management.

Anyway, now that my university classes have let up a bit, here's something i drew this evening.

gkSqVVL.png

This was pretty fun to draw.

Archived