Webber Appreciation Post

Webber is pretty great, in my opinion.  Of course, he has some obvious perks (as seen above) but I mostly like how different his game plan can be from the classic Wilson version.  Klei does a good job at making characters vary from one another but some are a lot more diverse.

On 26/06/2016 at 6:37 PM, StaypuftMMM said:

Webber is pretty great, in my opinion.  Of course, he has some obvious perks (as seen above) but I mostly like how different his game plan can be from the classic Wilson version.  Klei does a good job at making characters vary from one another but some are a lot more diverse.

Except in SW huehuehuehuehuehuehe

Also, I don't know if devs wanted to express how sick minded Maxwell is with the adventure mode or they are just little trolls

Like, how they expect us to pass through this spider maze alive? 

Have you guys seem the Chess biome in Darkness?

Just now, spiderdian said:

Also, I don't know if devs wanted to express how sick minded Maxwell is with the adventure mode or they are just little trolls

It's an optional adventure for the players to prove themselves. If you can't do it, then that means you shouldn't whine about difficulty and instead  git  gud

Just look at AncientApricot, (s)he uses Webbers abilities masterly. By taking a stack of spider eggs and dried monstermeat through the teleporter, this kind of army is easily possible in every world after.

...I think "git gud" is one of my new least favourite phrases ever. 

It's easy for players who have mastered the game to be outright NASTY to those who haven't, yet. After all, they're inferior, right?  So lesser. They don't count. The "whiny brats".  If you're so MLG-pro, how 'bout you prove it by giving out advice not insults?

Also EVERYBODY started off as a newb.  Everybody.  Even.  You.  NO EXCEPTIONS.  YOU were having trouble once.  YOU possibly "whined" (god I frickin' HATE that phrasing!) to somebody about the game.  And if you didn't do it out loud/in text, you were sure thinkin' it!

I am so SICK of "git gud".  From now on, I'm declaring:  Anybody who says it seriously, not as a joke?  SCREW you, SCREW your house, SCREW the high horse you rode in on.  You are not worth reading or responding to.

Now, to us weak, regular mortals, adventure mode is CRAZY hard!  I have tried and tried and tried and tried and only _recently_ started being able to pass Chapter 1.  And then I die.  And it hurts even worse 'cos this time I DO have progress to lose.

So I try and try and try, and then get frustrated, and it gets DEPRESSING, so I have to stop entirely.  Anything where you have to do everything absolutely perfect in one go, with no way to STAY at checkpoints along the way is so _stressful_.

As I see it, the "normal" Don't Starve world is a just _naturally_ dangerous place.  It may SEEM like it's deliberately out to get you, but there's no actual overarcing intent. (For the world as a whole.  Things like hounds, for example, obviously ARE out to get you.)

...whereas Adventure Mode is a tabletop RPG where the GM is flat-out TRYING to kill the players.  You're not imagining it.  Deliberate lack of the exact resources you need, horrible scary biomes that go on _forever_, total darkness, HORDES of monsters you can't get through...yeah.  Adventure Mode is where the Game Master (which might possibly be more Them than Maxwell) is a jerk.

Anyway, yeah, Webber is awesome.  I just wish I could play him for long enough to see it; his low sanity and the way everything friendly constantly wants to kill him means I don't usually get to use him to his full advantage.

...Notorious

10 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

It's an optional adventure for the players to prove themselves. If you can't do it, then that means you shouldn't whine about difficulty and instead  git  gud

Just look at AncientApricot, (s)he uses Webbers abilities masterly. By taking a stack of spider eggs and dried monstermeat through the teleporter, this kind of army is easily possible in every world after.

"git gud"

Volx.png

29 minutes ago, spiderdian said:

That's not how I recall it at all, having completed adventure mode on the latest version (all dlc disabled and SW uninstalled, because adventure mode is designed for the base game).

My best guess is that Shipwrecked did this, because shipwrecked ruins everything. A quick comparison of the chess rooms (the biomes and their content distribution) reveals that SW removes all marble trees. The marble forest thus presumably filled the empty space with other prefabs instead, those being chesspieces.

Please note that disabling SW on a saveslot does not actually fully disable it, you have to uninstall it.

P.S.: About the spider maze... I simply outran them. There's not many reasons to stop if you are well equipped and healthy.

Webber is great! I often spoil myself by having my base close/or even IN the pig village, with Webber I have to come up with some other fun strategy instead of campin' (literally) with the pigs for easy protection.

Archived