Cassie's Blob Art

Bonjour! I just made an account here after dropping by the stream today. (I'm CassieThomas on Twitch!) Do let me know if I'm doing anything wrong! I looked over the rules and will do my best to use the forums in a decent and gentlemanly manner.

I have a Tumblr at http://itstheblob.tumblr.com where I post a lot of crappy things that I won't be posting here.

Here's a couple of random drawings from my folder:

tumblr_o619bvzUP91si2w4no1_1280.png

bug_net_by_cassiethomas-da7inz0.png?1

tumblr_o4uv9r2E1I1si2w4no1_500.png

And now here's a tutorial on drawing Wilson's hair that I did a longish time ago. I'm posting it now because I brought it up in the stream:

wilhair1_by_cassiethomas-da7il09.png

wilhair2_by_cassiethomas-da7il0h.png

wilhair3_by_cassiethomas-da7il0r.png

wilhair4_by_cassiethomas-da7il17.png

wilhair5_by_cassiethomas-da7il1h.png

wilhair6_by_cassiethomas-da7il1p.png

wilhair7_by_cassiethomas-da7il1y.png

And here's some additional stuff I did just for this forum thread:

Once you get used to Wilson's hair you don't have to go through all those steps you can just wing it! But the steps can come handy when you're turning his head

wilhair13_by_cassiethomas-da7im1t.png

or drawing a weird angle

wilhair11_by_cassiethomas-da7im1h.png

wilhair12_by_cassiethomas-da7im1o.png

In some angles, you can "cheat" and simplify the hair:

wilhair9_by_cassiethomas-da7im12.png

The part that's only in blue might technically exist here but don't bother drawing it

wilhair10_by_cassiethomas-da7im1a.png

So far I've been drawing (or attempting to draw) Wilson's cinematic model that has a flippy part under the ears. His in-game model has a division in the side parts instead, and no curl (except in the GoH skin). Comparison:

wilhair17_by_cassiethomas-da7im2p.png

Finally, to mess up his hair just split the three parts up into random jaggedies:

wilhair14_by_cassiethomas-da7im22.png

That's all, thanks for reading!

wilhair15_by_cassiethomas-da7im28.pngwilhair16_by_cassiethomas-da7im2e.png

Edited by TheBlob
  • Like 34

Welcome to the forums! These are some nice doodles you got there; maybe now I can get Wilson's hair to look right.

Say, you wouldn't have happened to have written some DS stories on FanFiction.net, have you? I think I might have read your stuff. I might be mistaken though.

1 hour ago, TheBlob said:

DragonMage156 I'll have to check out your comic! There are so many really talented artists here!

Both my art threads had my name in the title. You can find my DS art in this forum section. I've linked the other one in my signature :) if you like anthros and talking animals (and the scientist suffering physical trauma XD) then you'll like my comic. I must tell you my Wilson drawing is not as good as yours but it's slowly getting better :)

1 hour ago, TheBlob said:

DragonMage156 I'll have to check out your comic! There are so many really talented artists here!

Both my art threads had my name in the title. You can find my DS art in this forum section. I've linked the other one in my signature :) if you like anthros and talking animals (and the scientist suffering physical trauma XD) then you'll like my comic. I must tell you my Wilson drawing is not as good as yours but it's slowly getting better :)

Edited by DragonMage156
Argh this double posting is killing me!! D:
  • Like 1

- WX: Is that blood?

(... blood for the blood god!)

- I get the feeling I've seen that Wolfgang and Woodie one before. Maybe on DA? Poor Woodie :p

- Wilson, you no fun :/

- Yeah Wickerbottom, jokes are meant to be funny.

All the other pictures are pretty cool/funny as well ^_^

• Like 3

Thanks!! :D

Hmm, I don't post fanart to dA currently, but you might have seen it on Twitter? I remember I posted it there!

Actually I've been wondering if I should be active on dA again, are you on there? Is it fun? It used to be fun but I lost touch.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, TheBlob said:

Actually I've been wondering if I should be active on dA again, are you on there? Is it fun? It used to be fun but I lost touch.

it's your choice it seems like a big community many arts there many posts,sure I'll give you a watch and a favorite just drop me your DA name

also you make amazing arts

• Like 1