Scenario Servers.

Ok, first of all, hello everyone.

I've an idea and I want to share it with you. And! If this idea is already implemented or someone is working on such kind of stuff, I would like to join, if you dont mind :). So, you can easly hand me a link to such project :)

The idea is to create server with some kind of scenario. I've played quite a lot in DST already and as I far as it goes, public servers are not existing a lot of time. Havent been in Survival day 100. Or smth like that. As well, such old players as me sometimes are bored of the things what new players are doing. So, maybe this idea will be quite handy for all types of players.

What exactly I'm offering:

Creating a server with some list of prefabs and then someone (lets call him a GameMaster) will customize this world with some interesting things. Deploy some camps, inetersting places, maybe even castles, hidden treasures, etc. Will give this world a REAL story. After the finishing of preparation (IMPORTANT FEATURE: server day must be 1 during the preparation), server can meet average players which will investigate world, find interesting stuff and treasures. Maybe even some Roleplay.

In addition, we can create a fanstory about this world at forum, where we will introduce it to players and make list of participants as well.

Thats a brief, and if you are interested in such entertaiment - lets discuss.

Why the hell am I posting this at forum? - I'm noob at dedicated servers (not even sure my PC can handle it) and at the moment investigating admin's stuff and any other useful stuff, thats why I feel like I need help.

Thanks for your attention, and feel free to comment and give me a feedback! :)

Wait. That is not "inspired" by A New Reign and Project Rosebud, is it :shock:? Because while very rewarding, it is incredibly difficult, admin-wise. I would love to help, both with setting a server up meant for roleplaying and the session(s), but I thought a warning from a fellow GM and player would be called for. First it is a lot of people signing up for it and then you end up tending to the fire (read: server plus the session) on your own :?...

A New Reign is not active now, Project Rosebud got its own page if you are interested: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/keeperworld/discussions/0/357287935566003903/

The problem is like with normal RPGs: the players. When it is constantly "Write us a scenario!" and then "Looks cool, but I'm going clubbing, see you guys!", you have little room for actions. You stay up late to accommodate all (often American) timezones and then nobody bothers with you; you have to close the server in order not to have it age too much. Or nice people come, you have a blast though sweat trickles down your spine -GM-ing is hard work! - and then they decide to do something goofy and turn your PC into a monster.

At any rate, I would be honoured to help you and stay as a regular whether it would be on your or my machine, whichever is stronger. Shoot me a PM if you want. Besides... nerds have to stick together :p.

Archived