lgbt dont starve fans!!

hihihi forum people this is my first time on a forum in awhile!! but i thoguht itd be a cool place to meet other people apart of the lgbt community who also play dont starve!!!! :D

i was just wondering if maybe we could get together and play some dst on a server together and make friends!!! sounds pretty fun ya?

BTW, do any of you have any person lgbt headcanons for any of the characters? i always like to imagine wigfrid as a lesbian(mostly because i really like wigfrid/willow) ...... also i like to headcanon webber as a trans girl! (mostly coz webber is my favorite, and im totally self inserting myself onto my faves lol) 

so yup... thats all i have to say... its super nice to be apart of this community!!! :p

hly shit.png

Hello, welcome to the forums! I'd be interested in hanging out if you'll have me. ;0 As for headcanons...

Spoiler

I could definitely see Webber dressing up in more feminine attire, because hey, they're a monster kid, what kind of traditions apply to them anymore anyway? I personally wouldn't headcanon them as identifying entirely as female, seeing as the spider half of him is also supposedly a male spider, given the biology of Hell Island spider queens, but you are entirely entitled to your own interpretation!

Ahh, anyway, if I had to give a few LGBT headcanons, I'd definitely mark Wilson as bisexual, and if anything, Willow as a trans woman.

I do agree with Wigfrid as a lesbian. Perhaps Walani as well. Wes perhaps could be bisexual, if not asexual. Or gay. He's quite the wildcard, honestly.

And Charlie just enjoys fisting everyone in the dark so I don't know what her deal is.

Female-to-Male Don't Starve player. It'd be cool to talk and play sometime, if that's cool with you. Sadly, no lgbt headcanons but I sometimes like to cope and think most of the surivors might have some sort of PTSD from the whole being abducted thing. (It's tough being traumatized without people assuming you were in the military.)

I actually help run the Gaymercraft server , I haven't been advertising it - but we are calling it Rainbows and Unicorns , it is passworded because I don't want to deal with trolls... anyway you can PM for it and our discord . It would be awesome to have more people.

"Fisting everyone in the dark" oh my.  : P  That escalated quickly!

Seriously, although I don't really belong to the LGBT community myself (I'm a girl who almost never dresses girly and uses androgynous usernames on the Internet, but that's about it), I do have fun thinking up various pairings for fandoms, sometimes just for laughs.  I mean, I once did a Sims 2 challenge involving a whole ton of absolutely CRAZY anime characters and a mod that allowed them to leap into bed spontaneously.

Also most of them were male.  ;)

I dunno, but Wilson/Maxwell seems to be a semi-favourite pairing around here.  As for Webber, have you SEEN his Guest of Honour skin?  HAHAHA oh, my word, those little ribbons are just _too_ precious.  Even if he--_they_, actually--isn't physically female, he/they're not averse to showing his/their feminine side(s) (MAN, talking about Webber gets complicated fast.)

As for Wigfrid...I...kinda don't want to say she's a lesbian, because it's kinda the "Strong woman = manly" cliche, innit?  Does big and strong HAVE to automatically equal lesbian?  Not that there's anything wrong with that; it's the _stereotype_ I don't like.  (The straight possibility for her seems to be Wigfrid/Wes, which...would be more interesting to me if we knew anything about Wes's personality.  And how do you _write_ for a couple where only one of them talks?  : P)

I dunno.  I kinda see them all as possibly going with whoever manages to make them happy in this mixed-up, muddled-up, shook-up world.

...Notorious

7 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

"Fisting everyone in the dark" oh my.  : P  That escalated quickly!

HAHA,,, FORGIVE ME //

7 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

As for Wigfrid...I...kinda don't want to say she's a lesbian, because it's kinda the "Strong woman = manly" cliche, innit?  Does big and strong HAVE to automatically equal lesbian?  Not that there's anything wrong with that; it's the _stereotype_ I don't like.

I do agree with this. I was actually thinking that over once again before I posted my earlier response. I too, dislike the stereotype, but then again she doesn't seem "manly" to me. Just strong and audacious. Seems like someone who would want an unobtrusive lover so she can always shine as the star... so I suppose Wes does work. Although yeah, she might be a bit frustrated with the whole "mime" business. The whole "Not Talking" and whatnot. I do definitely see her as at least bisexual, though. Possibly leaning more in favour of women.

Also, I believe the most common and well-accepted pairing is Willowson here on the forums, but I could be dreadfully wrong, as most of the forums just seems to discourage shipping in general. But jeez I'm Maxwil garbage. I try not to let it show.

Heh.  I have very few opinions on shipping in this game myself, but I'm okay if other people want to do it.  Just as long as they don't get all "NO SO-AND-SO/SUCH AND SUCH IS THE ONLY OTP EVAR F YOU" about it like some fangirls I've seen.  : P  (Or fanboys.  I mean that just as an expression.)

I have...no idea what the most "accepted" pairing here is, but Wigfrid/Wes seems to be fairly popular, actually.  Willowson is perhaps liked but not talked about much, and then there's Maxwell/Wilson...oh, and Wendy/Webber.  Can't forget that one.  (Except by my reckoning Wendy is _still_ several years older him.  If she and Abigail are "the twins" from the Jack Carter puzzles, and it's now "around 1920", then she's a teenager, while Webber is a _little_ kid, so still no.) 

And then those types of threads tend to devolve into silliness very, very quickly.  : P "Rock/tree!"  "Chester/Packim Baggins is obviously the best."  "You're all wrong, Bearger + Dragonfly is clearly meant to be." etc.  So it's not exactly discouraged? but we're more of a silly than romantic bunch, it seems.

...I have threatened to make Sims of all the characters that I can in Sims 3, make them all bi, toss them into one big house and SEE WHAT HAPPENS.  I still might.  :D

So, I'm up for any DS character being whatever orientation people say they are.  (shrug)  I guess, if I had to pick a pairing, I kind of like...Wigfrid/Wilson better?  Because that way you still get a nice contrast with brains/brawn, probably larger chick/smaller dude, etc. but we actually KNOW Wilson.  Nerd + warrior could be _fun_.  Science and badass Valkyrie powers...? I pity the foo who messes with THAT pair.

Last but not least, there's this Hunger Games Simulator thing? Which you can fill out with characters from anything you want, or real-life people, and get HIJINKS!  I tried it with, of course, the Don't Starve characters (when I ran out of human characters, I started using giants...) and it is pretty damn funny.  It describes, in text, all the INSANE violent things they do to each other--randomly generated--and sometimes throws in quiet little romantic moments under the stars...also random. So you end up with awesome things like Warly and Dragonfly holding hands or Wes, WX-98 and Bearger teaming up to take out Wilson and Willow with poison darts to the face. 

Especially funny in this case were lines like "Maxwell questions his sanity", followed immediately by "Wilson picks flowers" (YES, really)--speaking of sanity--and then, _several times_, "Willow tries to make a fire but fails."  WHAT.  (dies laughing)

...Notorious

Archived