138 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

You should read it from the beginning if you haven't already. And thanks! I think that makes 3... maybe 4 fans now? :p

if you continue maybe you'll have 10 fans

Nice job on the catcoon and smallbird! They look like they could fit into a 3-D version of Klei's game. Surprised with the tallbird's eye as well.

I'm impressed! The way you got them solidified to look like that character is very close.  Good job.

10 hours ago, PiturcaClaudiuStef said:

why do i think that wilson and willow's heads are too big

Maybe it's because of the crazy hair :p

3 people like this

I can just imagine the bond that Wilson and Vargling can do to fight back.

Whoa... What is that huge thing?

23 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I can just imagine the bond that Wilson and Vargling can do to fight back.

Whoa... What is that huge thing?

First or second pic? The first is Ori as a "fierce warrior" and the second is a hound at an angle.

2 people like this

On 11/29/2016 at 5:36 PM, DragonMage156 said:

the second is a hound at an angle.

Ahhh, gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.

I was gonna add a poll, related to Wilson meets Red (cos my black pencil has gone short again XD) however, I have recently brought some felts tips (just for Wilson's hair, pants, shoes, gloves, Red's nose, eyes, Fluffy's eyes... other things like night background, silhouettes, items, burnt things... ok that's a lot of sh*t to consider ^^; ) but I hope this works out. I also have a black vivid, black pen and some crappy black pencils around here if I can fine them. If it doesn't work out than I'll start the poll.

2 people like this

On 11/16/2016 at 11:36 PM, DragonMage156 said:

Spore creation dump!

Hound (normal, fire, ice) :

Wilson (normal, survivor (note: this was before the skins became a thing) :

Willow:

Tallbird Nest and Egg:

Wilson vs the Tallbird:

Something other things to note, I kinda when with a more Spore possible design for the hounds but I still think they came out quite well. Also, I tried to make the nest as close to the actual thing as I could but now it seems more like fancy ornimant :p

eyyy spore! I still play that game sometimes. It is in my top ten list.

for now.

Edited by Starthefox
removed pictures
1 person likes this

Ok so remember when I said I got some felt tips? Well I doodled a couple Wilson heads and used complete pencil on one and a black felt on the other. What do you think?

15665564_1627664773917379_3279264788346640452_n.jpg

Which looks better? Also, I'll be using the black where ever it occurs (eg, pupils, Red's nose, Wilson's clothes etc). I'm just not sure how I'm gonna do night/dark scenes :/

4 people like this

I'd suggest using the felt pen for characters while colored pencils for environment.

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

I'd suggest using the felt pen for characters while colored pencils for environment.

Why felt for an entire character and only pencil for backgrounds?

1 person likes this

The character looks stronger with those lines while the colored pencil has a nice touch for being gentle and working with the paper texture.

3 minutes ago, minespatch said:

The character looks stronger with those lines while the colored pencil has a nice touch for being gentle and working with the paper texture.

What if I don't have enough black pencil for the background? Also, I don't have all the necessary colours for the characters to be completely in felt :/

8 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

What if I don't have enough black pencil for the background? Also, I don't have all the necessary colours for the characters to be completely in felt :/

Don't really know why you're complaining. You asked on opinions and he delivered. Were you hoping we'd choose something different?

1 person likes this