The Survival of the Fittest

I awoke from Maxwell's Speech, lost in a Forest. The Sense Of Deja Vu Struck, so I headed out. Ii found A huge Bush of Grass not to far out, but I knew better. Killer bee hives lay inside, and I wouldn't want to anger them. I got Flint, Twigs, all of the basic materials and food, crafted tools, and build a fire when dusk struck. In the morning I found many biomes connected at one area, Beefalo, Pigs, and the king all lay there. With the king in sight, I knew the Glommer must reside close too. I finished my basic Base, equipped with a fire pit, crock pot, science machine, and alchemy engine. I had just made a Spear and Log Suit, when I heard some distant Barks. I pondered what it was, but the answer charged at me! It was only day 7 and Hounds Came to Murder me! I ran for the Beefalo, where they took care of them for me. I took My spoils and once night came, I shaved the beefalo. Winter Was Quickly Approaching, but I Never Made it. Why You ask? Hounds, They Attacked on day 19, and by mistake I let them in. as I was mauled, mangled, and murdered, I cried in agony, as I finally remembered, that this cycle would never end, I fell dead, and the cycle repeated.

Day 20: Something I have Never Reached Before, but it Dawned Upon Me, Winter was Tomorrow, and Even I didn't expect it! I hadn't Prepared for it yet! I scavenged Far and Wide for Last Effort Food Collecting, I Killed so many creatures that Krampus Spawned and started stealing my food! I threw on my Marble Suit, Grabbed a Ham Bat, and Attacked the Krampus with a Boomerang to provoke it. It Attacked, but I Kited and slew it! It had Dropped its sack, so I took it and was pleased, after Crafting for the Night, I had put my warm gear on. The Day that the cold Struck had come, and I saw something new, an Igloo? I saw its owners, And I pondered What to Do...

To Be Continued...

I marched Forth With Boomerang In hand, And Struck the foul Thing! It sent its Ice Hounds, Which I Slew, I Then Went For the Big guy himself, he shot at me many times, but I stayed strong and slew him too. The Small Walrus Fled to the house, but I had hounds teeth, monster meat, a Walrus Tusk, and A Tam o' Shanter. I heard how good these were, so I equipped it, and Saw A Suspicious Dirt Pile, I followed for the food, When there was a different thing there instead, A VARG, I fought it off and so the hounds that came too, but it was a tough fight, in the end, I was left with 15 Hp, I was saddened that I got monster meat in stead of a Trunk, but cut my losses and carried on...

To Be Continued...

It Was A Pretty Normal Winter, but things got bad, really fast, at day 6 The Ground Shook as a Great Growl was heard, I Grabbed Weaponry, armor, and healing items, as I prepared to take down whatever beast this was. It Revealed itself, DEERCLOPS, I was higher on health than before, and I fought it to the death, that is, my death. It Camped on my stuff, but I had found a touchstone and revived from that, another first, Deerclops Was so low on hp, 1 hp! I Ran and gave him a good punch as he fell dead, I Grabbed my gear and loot, as I returned to a base that had its walls partially destroyed...

To Be Continued...

The Winter Was Slow And Harsh, but the snow stayed strong and was continuing to freeze me, so I grabbed the food I had hunted for, and jumped into a sinkhole, I had explored it a bit and found a Thelucite Brick, I smashed it and want in after some more exploring, I found the Labyrinth, so I explored and soon I was faced with The Ancient Guardian. I was faced with a few more days till winter ended, and so the fight was on...

To Be Continued...

ATTENTION:Sorry For The Long Wait, If you are still waiting to read this. had troubles with my saves but it is fixed now

The Guardian Charges and I dodged, I built a fire next to a pillar and the guardian got stuck! I wailed away at it till I was low on health, then I ate some cooked red caps and continued till the guardian was slew! The horn was loose so I yanked it from its own meaty head! I went to a pseudoscience station and with some thelucite I rebuilt it, then I crafted the Houndius Shootius. Now returning to the surface I had come to a cool breeze, but found I was being drenched in rain! The ambient color was brown, but I had realized that I was growing wet, not dropping sanity! It was a Shipwrecked compatible world and I never knew it, so it was spring and now I was for a surprise when I giant Goose... err Goose... Whatever that monstrosity was, It honked loud at me and charged, so another fight was starting but I was too low on hp. It slammed its antlers into my body as I put on my life giving amulet...

To Be Continued...

On 22/06/2016 at 4:53 AM, TheFriendlySpycrab said:

It had Dropped its sack, so I took it and was pleased

I have literally never gotten a sack from krampus. Over my over 300 hours on DST and DS combined, I have never* got a sack from krampus. Perhaps that is karma for when I used to spawn it in.

Spoiler

*legitimately

The Beast Slammed me as far as it could, and I died on the ground, but thanks to my life giving amulet I was revived. After a ferocious battle with kiting, honking, and much more, the beast was slain. At the moment I never noticed the egg until now, so  I took my hammer and struck it, however it struck back, with lightning! I smacked it more and found 5... uhh...mooselings... goslings... moslings. They knew there mother was dead and attacked! after some more fighting I finally slew them all. I collected all the loot and went to my base...

To Be Continued...

Archived