trying my hand at fan-art

Donut and Ivy met Waargh for the first time ever. Waargh encounteres Donut the pigman after mining for some nitre for use in an endothermic firepit. The zombie, not knowing of the pigman's significant other, almost gives Donut a morsel. Ivy, the Bunnyman she is, knws morsels come from rabbits, and tries to get Waargh to stop killing her sort-of kin by forcing him to eat things that don't come from animals.

Let's just say the results are less than satisfactory for our Bunnyman friend.

Also in the first picture, Waargh is a bit short. oops.

It's not like Waargh won't eat carrots, it's just Ivy tried shoving the entire carrot in his mouth. (NOT to be taken out of context!!)

HNI_0049.JPG

HNI_0048.JPG

HNI_0053.JPG

HNI_0050.JPG

kehrayert.png

Edited by mewthemew
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, mewthemew said:

It's not like Waargh won't eat carrots, it's just Ivy tried shoving the entire carrot in his mouth.

That's basically why some children don't like vegetables. :p

Teehee i've taken it out of context, I'm so rad

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, minespatch said:

The comic's cute and now we have a widening of your own DS world mythology. It's fun to see these guys react.

Actually, there were a couple of drawings i never inked because Ivy got a bit TOO mean to Waargh. She slapped him once, and that's not the kind of character she is. she's usually happily neutral to almost anything.

Have a fairly large dump. uh...sorry for a lot of the drawings looking hastilly drawn, i was running out of ink and for now this was my only black pen >.>. i actually completely ran out of ink for the pen i was uising which is why zombie wes's hair is grey instead of black.

EDIT: i found another black pen, but it's running dry right out of the box (one of those fancy "anti gravity" pens >.>)...guess i'll have to use blue for now till i find another good black gel pen.

FRIEND.png

bataliskman.png

they stole each other's character poses.png

HNI_0064.JPG

HNI_0065.JPG

HNI_0066.JPG

HNI_0069.JPG

HNI_0070.JPG

HNI_0071.JPG

that other one.png

HNI_0075.JPG

HNI_0076.JPG

HNI_0077.JPG

HNI_0078.JPG

HNI_0079.JPG

Edited by mewthemew
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, Mobbstar said:

After an extensive routine of rapidly breathing in and out, the latter of two in many short burts, I can confirm that 1. my lungs are still functional 2. you have good humour.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mewthemew said:

FRIEND.pngHNI_0076.JPG

Oh no, the ships continue~ :wilson_ecstatic:

HNI_0077.JPG

I'm with Mobb, I'm getting the giggles.

bataliskman.png

New character?

HNI_0065.JPG

Is that carrot... Possessed? :wilson_shocked:

HNI_0075.JPG

Is that poor Merp? :wilson_ecstatic:

17 minutes ago, minespatch said:

New character?

Is that carrot... Possessed? :wilson_shocked:

Is that poor Merp? :wilson_ecstatic:

well, it WAS gonna be, but then my second thoughts about him came straight from waargh's mouth.

nope. well it could be if you want it to. it was just a sweet potato wilson happened to carve a face into.

naw, just a mandrake mandrake. I was gonna do more pictures of OTHER wilson not knowing what things are in the DS world, hence normal wilson's general irritation about him....but i got kinda bored of that guy. he can go be an accountant somewhere else. maybe a nice pig village where he and his wife diana can live out the rest of their days.

now i kinda wanna draw a very modern pig village were they have pig shaped cars and pig shaped TVs. pig shaped suitcases. pig shaped pigs.

Edited by mewthemew
  • Like 1

I'll draw the character. Looks interesting. What's Batboody's backstory?

Sounds like a cute concept. Continue pig civilization stoof. I got something horrible going with my persona and Wilson disapproving happening soon. You can check my idea out in my idea list on my first page on Apophenia art.

14 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I'll draw the character. Looks interesting. What's Batboody's backstory?

Sounds like a cute concept. Continue pig civilization stoof. I got something horrible going with my persona and Wilson disapproving happening soon. You can check my idea out in my idea list on my first page on Apophenia art.

That sounds neat-o. couldn't find where on the first post, though. oh well! oh and i found your devvart finally and watched and left you a profile comment ^^

EDIT: about batalisk-dork, i dunno. it was kind of spur of the moment "what would batman look like in don't starve?" probably not like that :p you can totally have him.

Edited by mewthemew
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Eeeey eeeyyyy.png

Also, what's the story behind batty?

I made an edit on my previous post, because i completely forgot to add it the first time *facepalm* oops.

ANOTHER EDIT: it's weird. batman in all lowercase is completely recognized as a word with the check spelling tick marked.

Edited by mewthemew
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Well, like with Donut and Ivy, I can draw them but bat-o-dork is completely your concept to begin with.

okey, but i peally wasn't going to do anything with him other than for the one picture. but now that i think about it, maybe waargh and dorky-bat could have a thing. not like shipping thing, but some sort of THING thing that things the thing thing. you now the thing i thing, minespatch?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I know, more like buddy comedy. Not rival buddy comedy like Wilson and Maxwell's dynamic but buddy-buddy similar to Hubey and Rocko from Pebble and the Penguin.

yeah like that!...mmm i barely remember that movie though. i should watch it.

EDIT: just to clarify, that's the movie with one of the penguins with yellow eyebrows that wanted to fly, right?

Edited by mewthemew
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, mewthemew said:

EDIT: just to clarify, that's the movie with one of the penguins with yellow eyebrows that wanted to fly, right?

yoooop

Rocko was the best thing. Though Tim Curry as the jerk was fun to watch. He hammed so well that he ate the scenery.