trying my hand at fan-art

17 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Wow, you're getting good fast. Great work!

Thanks^^

EDIT: I'm sorry, I have a hard time dealing with positive criticism. No idea what else to say other than thanks ^^"

Edited by mewthemew
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mewthemew said:

DUUUUUMMPPP centering around Maxwell this time. because, turns out he's actually fun to draw.

The mop scene reminds me of the hash slinging hashler.

*maxwell mops the ceiling* Wilson: "Hounds are coming!"

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

The mop scene reminds me of the hash slinging hashler.

*maxwell mops the ceiling* Wilson: "Hounds are coming!"

Oh yeah i loved that episode of spongebob :3

at night.

EDIT: come to think of it, a lot of that episode could be translated to these two if you think about it.

Edited by mewthemew
  • Like 2

On 13/07/2016 at 7:49 PM, mewthemew said:

nope.png

I can't quite read it that well. Also, in my comics so far, I just draw Maxwell as a dark silhouette :p (mostly cos I have the same problem of not knowing how to draw him. I mean, I still have trouble drawing Wilson for crying out loud -_- )

5 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

I can't quite read it that well. Also, in my comics so far, I just draw Maxwell as a dark silhouette :p (mostly cos I have the same problem of not knowing how to draw him. I mean, I still have trouble drawing Wilson for crying out loud -_- )

blame my 2ds for that >.>

lemme see:

panel 1: Wilson: "So...you're just going to stop collecting flint?" Maxwell: "Untill they stop being sharp, yes."

panel 2: Maxwell: "Just get that kid that doesn't talk to do it. It'll make him useful."

panel 3: Wilson: "And you'll do..." Maxwell: "Decorating?"

panel 4: *beat panel*

Panel 5: Maxwell: "Fine, I'll go pick tumbleweeds or something."

it seens like looking at the in-game versions of all the characters is a BAD idea for reference ^^" For the longest time, when I drew Wes, I thought he was wearing overalls because of the darker parts on his sides. He doesn't.

EDIT: calling Wes "That Kid That Doesn't Talk" may or may not be a running gag. Because no one really knows his name.

EDIT 2: I promise to try to write a bit bigger and neater next time.

Edited by mewthemew

5 hours ago, minespatch said:

Can I fix your comic? I can use leveling and fonts to make it readable. Only if you say, I won't touch it if you want to keep it the way it is.

of course you can fix it. do whatever you want/need to ^-^ can guarantee it'll be a lot better than the original.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, minespatch said:

nope.png.3fdea2bc7920e4e7168b98a9b3f8694e.png

Okay, I found your problem. You should try inking your comics with a ballpoint pen. The ink will reflect and strengthen your work.

oh I see!...but im not sure if it'll bleed through the other pages in my sketchbook. oh well, worth a try, at least!

• Like 1

Ballpoint pen is not as bad as a bic grip pen depending on which type you're going for. I'd highly recommend a disposable cheap ballpoint pen with a ball feature. That has great ink control. I use Bic's blue type. Great control when it comes to the strong transparent handle(comes with a blue cap so it doesn't bleed when you have it in your pocket due to a particular push).

5 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Ballpoint pen is not as bad as a bic grip pen depending on which type you're going for. I'd highly recommend a disposable cheap ballpoint pen with a ball feature. That has great ink control. I use Bic's blue type. Great control when it comes to the strong transparent handle(comes with a blue cap so it doesn't bleed when you have it in your pocket due to a particular push).

okay. good. i actually have one of those. i'll make a test image with ivy holding a sweet potato exclaiming "SWEET POTATO~"

• Like 1

The worst disposable types are ones who do bleed but they have the weakest writing stroke. I forget which brands they are but it takes five strokes to just write a single letter. Bic, staples, and Office depot types have good strength.

17 minutes ago, minespatch said:

The worst disposable types are ones who do bleed but they have the weakest writing stroke. I forget which brands they are but it takes five strokes to just write a single letter. Bic, staples, and Office depot types have good strength.

Turns out the one i have is perfectly fine for outlining! ^-^

before after.png

• Like 3

I learned the inking trick due to a printer's copying result proved a better effect.

Nice work on the lines too. Your handle is very strong. It cleaned the image out too.

Really? Well, I guess that makes sense a scanner printer is sort of like taking a picture with a camera, because a scanner basically IS a giant camera.

Thank you. maybe it has something to do with naturally holding a pencil/pen funny. Maybe not ^-^

• Like 1

Practically. I have to disagree with my high school art teacher though. He usually insisted me to use his camera to present the pieces I made in my class but my scanner is a better tool.

Wish I had an art class in high school. They never let me >.>

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, mewthemew said:

Turns out the one i have is perfectly fine for outlining! ^-^

Sweet!

...potato :3

(I always scanned my handdrawn stuff and used leveling to do the rest, I was never confident with unerasible pens)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mobbstar said:

Sweet!

...potato :3

(I always scanned my handdrawn stuff and used leveling to do the rest, I was never confident with unerasible pens)

That might work if I had a working scanner. Which I'm looking into.

• Like 1