trying my hand at fan-art

3 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Your poor zombie character made me think of the game besides that Zombie Wes toy in the Klei store.

oh, i don't think i've seen that toy. i've heard about it though.

And, naw, Waargh isn't poor. In a world with so much potential for raw meat, morsels, and monster meat, it would make a zombie quite the happy-camper.

• Like 1

I saw the Klei stream tonight. here's my interpretation of the "Whalerus" facing front, facing side, and facing back respectably. And sleeping as well, for good measure. Shoes are hard to draw.

;kfv.png

HNI_0006.JPG

k, i'm gonna stop fan-arting for a couple of days or so. getting a bit lazy.

EDIT: Not lazy about drawing...it's that for some reason I'm rushing drawing now which is never good.

Edited by mewthemew
  • Like 2

So, a friend of mine got his first 1000 days in his game ever. And as Warly, too. So, I couldn't help but make him a little gift to celebrate.

the second line in the picture needs some explanation. At around day 200 or so, one of the people in the twitch room my friend was streaming on, just had a thought: "So...when a character drinks coffee in the game, where does the mug go?" After a bit of mulling around we came to the conclusion that the character eats the mug, obviously. Eventually someone decided that that would make them a "mug-eater". We basically decided since it sounds like some sort of insult, it turned into a joke around the stream. I hope to god it's not a real, actual, terrible thing.

HNI_0009.JPG

• Like 3

17 hours ago, mewthemew said:

i feel like i'm missing half of the reference. i know what yogi-bear is but...

Booboo is the midget companion of yogi bear. I threw a angry birds pig to represent a piglet since the game game doesn't have piglets like Beefalos have age cycles.

2 hours ago, minespatch said:

Booboo is the midget companion of yogi bear. I threw a angry birds pig to represent a piglet since the game game doesn't have piglets like Beefalos have age cycles.

ooohhhh ok, now i get it! ^-^

• Like 1

Man, it's been a while. It's been so hot lately, being summer and all. I swear to god, all I've been doing these past days I wasn't here was sleep till 5PM, eat, then go back to sleep. so...here's warly being much more productive than i was:

HNI_0027.JPG

well, might as well put the rest of the sketch dump here:

HNI_0025.JPG

HNI_0026.JPG

Turns out Wendy is actually really fun to draw. I don't play her much, but i will admit, even though she's quite morbid, she's also adorable

fjgenf.png

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Aw that scene from Spongebob used for Wendy and Abigail... I cri evrytim ;_;

It's one of my most favorite quotes from that show next to "Can you move it along? I'm all out of time cards". I don't think that that would fit in DS though, haha.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Is that a cat plush?

Yes. What's not shown is Maxwell straying from the group in DST to hug it in secret. Well...maybe not shown YET >.>

EDIT: Actually it was originally a drawing of Maxxy staring down a cat, but that is in fact a MUCH better idea.

Edited by mewthemew
  • Like 1