trying my hand at fan-art

49 minutes ago, minespatch said:

That's adorable, she seems to be confused by all this positive interaction.:wilson_ecstatic:

well, for reasons beyond me, everyone in the DS universe seems to hate mandrakes, so it makes sense. maybe they're actually really loud up close.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mewthemew said:

dinosaurs.jpg

That's happened to me before as a kid. My reaction when my uncle brought his yugioh cards when for the longest while we used to be big Pokemon card players. :wilson_ecstatic:

relaxing ivy.jpg

Sunddenly Ivy got the Chuck Jones treatment.

your fault.png

So I guess Wes feels better on his own?

sleeping merp.jpg

What's going on with Merp? Is her leaf her blanket?

10 minutes ago, minespatch said:

That's happened to me before as a kid. My reaction when my uncle brought his yugioh cards when for the longest while we used to be big Pokemon card players. :wilson_ecstatic:

Sunddenly Ivy got the Chuck Jones treatment.

So I guess Wes feels better on his own?

What's going on with Merp? Is her leaf her blanket?

i admit i only played yugioh once. my cousin gave me a penguin soldier card. i lost it, but that's the only yugioh card i know besides blue eyes white dragon

been trying iffeent styles. bunnymen have a surprisingly flexible design x3

ye. while scavenging for he ended up trying to hunt a koalaphant, but realised he couldn't. it was too cute. he and the koalaphant went on small aventures over the course of 3 days. 

yep. i know she's a plant that lacks an animal circulatory system, but sleeping in the cold ground sounds really uncomfertable.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I'd trust you watch Yugioh abridged and Dragonball by Teamfourstar first before watching their original counterparts.

yep. gotta love abridged series. not just those two, either. DBZ abridged is my favorite though.

• Like 1

hmmmmmmmmm, i dunno what do do. i need some input, should i just use the normal scan, color it in(no, the picture doesn't have shaing yet) or just outlines? (no shading yet either) because when i colored in the picture with paintotnet, it looks like something i'd make in MS paint with the brush tool >.>

merp sad1.jpg

merp sad2.jpg

merp sad3.jpg

• Like 2

I'd suggest using the photo effect "sharpen" up to 20 and then use ctrl+L to get rid of paper wrinkles. That's how I've been doing things. You can find "sharpen" under the effects and then photo section. I highly advise experimenting the "effects" and "adjustments" windows. They come very handy to me.

If Merp wore that, It'd be mandrake-ception. :wilson_ecstatic:

20 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I'd suggest using the photo effect "sharpen" up to 20 and then use ctrl+L to get rid of paper wrinkles. That's how I've been doing things. You can find "sharpen" under the effects and then photo section. I highly advise experimenting the "effects" and "adjustments" windows. They come very handy to me.

If Merp wore that, It'd be mandrake-ception. :wilson_ecstatic:

heh, it already looks slightly shaded with 20 sharpen :3

merp's sobbng because she thinks it's a dead mandrake. (i always love a bit of dark humor)

Edited by mewthemew
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, mewthemew said:

costumes.jpg

Nice job with the reverse Hallowed Night concept. They look really cute in their own costumes. I guess Ivy stopped the crowd from lynching poor Donut?:wilson_ecstatic:

16 minutes ago, mewthemew said:

deathfrog1.pngstrategy.jpg

Oh geez, the toads are having a conspiracy story arc!

16 minutes ago, mewthemew said:

a while.jpgplzhelp.jpgbe cool.jpg

Nice job doing more concepts on your tree character. Sorry I forgot his name but I did some art of him last night. Looking forward to posting this sunday.

19 minutes ago, mewthemew said:

barely.jpg

The continuing running joke of poor Wilson not know Whedon just works. I love the hopelessness in the joke.

20 minutes ago, mewthemew said:

spdr.jpg

Another character I drew. Who is this character?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Nice job with the reverse Hallowed Night concept. They look really cute in their own costumes. I guess Ivy stopped the crowd from lynching poor Donut?:wilson_ecstatic:

Oh geez, the toads are having a conspiracy story arc!

Nice job doing more concepts on your tree character. Sorry I forgot his name but I did some art of him last night. Looking forward to posting this sunday.

The continuing running joke of poor Wilson not know Whedon just works. I love the hopelessness in the joke.

Another character I drew. Who is this character?

hah, yep. in all honesty, i forgot the two pigs had the same costume, haha ^^"

all comes from the fact that they're the most evil things in DS. more evil than giants, more evil than hounds, more evil than toadstools. not only do they gang up on you, but they also RAIN FOM THE GOD DAMN SKY. pure. evil.

his name is chopdead. kind of came from the one picture i drew of him threatening "you chop me, you die". at first his name was deadchop, but i think chopdead sounds a bit better. 

thanks :3 and it also gives weadon a little opprotunity to do whatever. (i also like to think that the title character on ONI is based off of him without the stubble and nose)

ah. just a cute spiber. who doesn't like their spibers to be cute? x3

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mewthemew said:
  1. hah, yep. in all honesty, i forgot the two pigs had the same costume, haha ^^"
  2. his name is chopdead. kind of came from the one picture i drew of him threatening "you chop me, you die". at first his name was deadchop, but i think chopdead sounds a bit better. 
  3. thanks :3 and it also gives weadon a little opprotunity to do whatever. (i also like to think that the title character on ONI is based off of him without the stubble and nose)
  4. ah. just a cute spiber. who doesn't like their spibers to be cute? x3
  1. It's all good. No need to feel bad. I think the unintentional continuity actually worked in your favor.
  2. Gotcha, I'll write that down on my piece so I can write down his name on the piece.
  3. I wouldn't be surprised if both games have some of the same art directors.
  4. Your design looked different, so that's why I was asking. You'll see what I mean when you see my piece.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, minespatch said:
  1. It's all good. No need to feel bad. I think the unintentional continuity actually worked in your favor.
  2. Gotcha, I'll write that down on my piece so I can write down his name on the piece.
  3. I wouldn't be surprised if both games have some of the same art directors.
  4. Your design looked different, so that's why I was asking. You'll see what I mean when you see my piece.

i tried cute-ifying the deerclops once. it didn't work out so well. guess there are some things you can't draw and make cute.

• Like 1