Buzzards,bug or feature

Hello guys,

So I've tried in my 40+ day in a dessert to farm some buzzards after successfully destroying a Deerclop singlehandedly with Wilson.Man that felt great,especially after I made an umbrella from its eye (which actually works as a hat! Nice) .

Then I read some guides and started dropping meat near buzzard shadows to hunt them,for fun. What I didn't realise is that they kept spawning and spawning and SPAWNING and dear god,I'm five minutes hitting buzzards with ham bat and I get something like 40 drum sticks and god knows how many morsels and they keep coming like it's the end of the world!At some point I thought I was commiting genocide but they kept coming,so I gotta ask,do they ever end? And why did they kept coming? I've only installed 3 mods all cosmetics (status,map,damage indicators),so I've been wondering is this normal ,having a simingly unlimited amount of buzzards ?

Thanks in advance.

I haven't found a way to kite buzzards yet (I get some damage) so this type of farming isn't that good compared to moleworms which never attack. Just leave a stone or flint on the ground and one after another keeps coming in an area that has many moleworms. Only issue is they come out only at dusk/night so might as well make a permanent fire and farm all dusk/night.

You can also make a base in the dessert biome and survive indefinitely there. Make sure you have some distance from hound mounds. Cacti for sanity, goat herds for meats, hounds and buzzards for food all year round, easy biome to clear in an expanding mega base. Your only problem maybe the lack of protection from hound attacks.

I tried it because playing wigfrid since she only eats meat. It was darn good, 40 morsels/35 drumsticks and a couple of purple feathers. Very good farming and minimal damage. Other than getting pigs to attack killers bees (pigs die and drop meat/pig skin), get pigs to attack beefalo (pigs die easily) or have an ROG monster kill beefalo --- probably the best way to feed Wigfrid before you make crockpot recipes with meat.

Archived