Treachery
A fictional Don't Starve Together story. 

I gave our small group of rebels a pep talk and then we crept slowly towards the base. Then, I saw a Walani and a Wendy at the base. They were constructing drying racks and obviously ran the hound-killing operation. I urged my army forward with a battle cry. Our group ran through the base and swarmed our enemies from all sides. In only a few seconds it we killed both of them. It was a small victory, but a victory nonetheless. 

I quickly checked the ice box, which was filled with eggs. The base also had two chests with miscellaneous items. Wilson #1 had already looted the corpses. Warly was cooking on the two crock pots the base had. I was approached by Wolfgang, who asked what we should do next. Things looked alright at the moment, so I told him I thought we should stay here. Wilson #2 shot down my idea, stating that the Silver's would send people to take back the hound mound base. Being a leader was harder than I had initially suspected. But, I guess I never really thought this would be easy. Ultimately, I decided that we would stay at the hound mounds for a couple of days.

The next three days were spent preparing out weaponry and armour. We also cooked some extra food. Once we had finished, we destroyed the hound mounds so the Silver's couldn't use them and we set off. Warly suggested we find more bases and get more recruits before attacking again. We set off and headed over to the savannah biome, where we knew there would be bases. In about a day we came across our first beefalo herd. Soon after, we discovered a lone WX-78 beside a fire pit. It was simple enough to convince him to join our cause and soon we had another follower. Our scraggly warband encamped ourselves in the savannah for a few days while I planned what to do next. I was in the middle of contemplating another raid when WX-78 approached me. 

He simply stated "Warly is conspiring against you". 
This wasn't exactly surprising, but I wanted to hear more.
"He's already got both the Wilson's on his side. He says he needs more people, then his group can take over" explained the robot. 

I knew Warly was suspicious of me, but this was more extreme than I suspected.
"I'll deal with Warly when the time comes" I told the automation.

I thanked him for telling me and sent him off. When Wolfgang came back from foraging later that night, I private messaged him as we stood around the campfire and I explained the Warly crisis. The strongman was still loyal to me though, which was comforting. Maybe recruiting more people wasn't good if they were going to rise up against me later. After 3 days of staying in the savannah, I had formulated a plan. We were going to keep attacking the Silver's and perhaps win some goodwill from the Rhodes. I didn't know where their base was, but we set off roaming the wastes to find them. They found us first. It happened at dusk shortly after we had left the savannah. We walked right into a trio of Silver's. Two Wigfrid's and a Webber, all armed with spears, log suits and football helmets. For the first few seconds everyone just stood still. Then, I ordered everyone to charge them.

I may never understand why they charged us in retaliation. They had football helmets, but did they really think they could win a 6v3 fight? We quickly laid waste to them. This time we knew the Silver's would really start to care about us. They must have started to investigate the attack on their hound-mound base by now. The Silver's had lost two fights against us already. As I was thinking this, I didn't notice that we were being encircled. 

I quickly realized what was happening. A group of seven players was surrounding us. My first thought was the Silver's had immediately sent reinforcements, but that was impossible. It was the Rhodes. A large, group armed with the same gear of the Silver's we had just killed. Fortunately, we hadn't actually ever made enemies with the Rhodes. WX-78 told everyone not to attack, a command I was grateful he had sent. I attempted to explain what was happening, and was telling them that we were helping them to defeat the Silver's. 

But, Warly seemed to realize what was going on, and screamed a battlecry of "now! Charge them now!".

This was one of the worst things that could have happened. I think I was actually doing a half-decent job of convincing the Rhodes, but Warly had to ruin it. My troops, even Wolfgang and WX-78, thought this must have been an elaborate trap, and charged the Rhodes. Warly got two hits on an enemy Wendy and the battle began. Truth be told, battle isn't a very accurate word. Chaotic frenzy would be more accurate. While Warly led his two Wilson's and charged the Rhodes, Wolfgang, WX-78 and I protected them from being encircled. WX-78 and Wolfgang began fighting against a Webber-Walani duo. I was attacked by a Wickerbottom. I managed to kite her and get a few hits, but Warly and his gang were being beaten. Leaving my two companions to fight a losing battle, I rushed over to help Warly.

I intercepted an incoming Willow, and prevented the chef from being stunlocked. Two more swings finished off the pyromaniac, as she had already been weakened by the Wilsons. WX-78 and Wolfgang had pushed their two opponents back. Warly noticed this and changed direction. He dashed over to where the robot and strongman were fighting. The two Wilson's quickly followed, and they encircled the Webber-Walani duo. I joined in the six-on-two fight. While I did this, the rest of the Rhodes realized this battle was a lost cause and ordered a retreat, leaving poor Webber and Walani for dead. 

Once we had cleared the battlefield, we grabbed the loot and ran for half a day. I didn't have any clear idea where to go, just away from the battlefield. Eventually, we built a campfire and began taking stock of the loot we had won. Armour that was under 50% durability was burnt, expect for the football helmets. In the end, Warly, Wolfgang and I were the ones with the football helmets. 
There was no time to give Warly the punishment he deserved for disobeying orders. We had just started a second war. 

Archived