An Unorthodox Collection of Unrealized Ideas

InDenial

Oh look, I'm theoretically going to write a rather long story but need some input on the actual setting and story. A disclaimer; I am typing what comes to mind regarding this story, so if nothing makes sense or otherwise doesn't read well, I apologize. If you need clarification on a certain detail, just ask and I'll answer as best I can without spoiling anything.

The Short Version: The story talks about a fantasy world where human qualities and experiences are traded like commerce.

The Slightly Longer But Still Relatively Short VersionThe fictional story talks about a setting where there is a world on a different plane where generally abstract or otherwise non-physical ideas/concepts are in a more physical form, complete with beings and people that are a collection of ideas and concepts. In this fantastical world, our own physical world would be something akin to a livestock ranch, with humans being the livestock and our qualities being what's harvested; our subjective experiences and qualities are like resources, collected and harvested for use in this abstract world to be made into something useful for these far off inhabitants. We barely notice ourselves being harvested because we've always considered it normal; you've all forgotten an idea that you thought was brilliant, you've all forgotten names of people that you haven't met in a while, you've all forgotten an idea you've formulated in showers, you've all lost memories to time.

Now, the conflict here is exactly what is valuable to them. Ideas and memories, yes, they're satisfactory and are basic materials, and all they require is for us to not think about them for these inhabitants to harvest them. However, more complex ideas, such as subjective experiences charged with emotion, conceptualizations, and personalities, are more valuable in this world and require humans physically. Now, think about this; how many people disappear every year? Every month? Every day? How many people do you know that are missing? 

The actual story here will talk about one of these disappeared people and their trouble to survive in this new world as they befriend and/or brutally murder the inhabitants along their return home. Edit: How do you murder an idea? I don't bloody know, whack it to death with a newspaper or something!

Would you actually read this kind of story?

2 hours ago, InDenial said:

Oh look, I'm theoretically going to write a rather long story but need some input on the actual setting and story. A disclaimer; I am typing what comes to mind regarding this story, so if nothing makes sense or otherwise doesn't read well, I apologize. If you need clarification on a certain detail, just ask and I'll answer as best I can without spoiling anything.

Reveal hidden contents

The Short Version: The story talks about a fantasy world where human qualities and experiences are traded like commerce.

The Slightly Longer But Still Relatively Short VersionThe fictional story talks about a setting where there is a world on a different plane where generally abstract or otherwise non-physical ideas/concepts are in a more physical form, complete with beings and people that are a collection of ideas and concepts. In this fantastical world, our own physical world would be something akin to a livestock ranch, with humans being the livestock and our qualities being what's harvested; our subjective experiences and qualities are like resources, collected and harvested for use in this abstract world to be made into something useful for these far off inhabitants. We barely notice ourselves being harvested because we've always considered it normal; you've all forgotten an idea that you thought was brilliant, you've all forgotten names of people that you haven't met in a while, you've all forgotten an idea you've formulated in showers, you've all lost memories to time.

Now, the conflict here is exactly what is valuable to them. Ideas and memories, yes, they're satisfactory and are basic materials, and all they require is for us to not think about them for these inhabitants to harvest them. However, more complex ideas, such as subjective experiences charged with emotion, conceptualizations, and personalities, are more valuable in this world and require humans physically. Now, think about this; how many people disappear every year? Every month? Every day? How many people do you know that are missing? 

The actual story here will talk about one of these disappeared people and their trouble to survive in this new world as they befriend and/or brutally murder the inhabitants along their return home. Edit: How do you murder an idea? I don't bloody know, whack it to death with a newspaper or something!

a good story i enjoyed reading it keep up the good work

20 hours ago, InDenial said:

Hide contents

Question. How do the memories get harvested?

Follow up question. How are they stored?

On 6/15/2016 at 8:27 PM, Mack18853 said:

Question. How do the memories get harvested?

Follow up question. How are they stored?

ill get back to you after i finish writing the story and conceptions and values of the world

I swear there's context for what happened.

uh.jpg

little brother asked for me to make something involving a pompadour, bread, and third chins

oh and also on the side there was what was supposed to be a mena before i just drew whatever i wanted

Archived