I'm trying to get sound to work for a custom character.

I don't really know what I need to give people to help me trouble shoot.

The whole point of this mod is to just make it so that Walani is playable in DST. My GF just wants her voice sound files and the way the character looks. So I figured I'd try and do it. I basically have it to where she starts with 3 fishsticks. I need to work on her ghost and her phrases are popping up but whenever I try to make her actual sound show it doesn't really seem to work.

ghost_walani_build.zip

walani.zip

walani.tex

walani.xml

walani.tex

walani.xml

walani.tex

walani.xml

walani.tex

walani.xml

walani_silho.tex

walani_silho.xml

modicon.tex

modicon.xml

modinfo.lua

modmain.lua

walani.lua

speech_walani.lua

walani.fev

walani.fsb

Did you make a seperate "sound" folder inside your character mod's folder? Because that is where you put the "walani.fev" and "walani.fsb" sound files.

Also in your walani.lua file, I see the code

inst.components.sanity.sanityrate = 0.9 * TUNING.WILSON_HUNGER_RATE

Shouldn't it be 

inst.components.sanity.sanityrate = 0.9 * TUNING.WILSON_SANITY_RATE

or is that how it was originally? I don't think this has anything to do with your sound problem but I think it's not what you meant x)

Alright, I think I see the problem; 

thing.png

You can see here the talking sound files start with "DSS_walani_speech". On a default character, Wigfrid for example, it looks like this instead:

thing2.png

So to solve this, I think you might want to extract all of Walani's speech/sound files and create your own. I use "FSBextractor" as shown on the pictures, and here's a helpful guide by Malacath on how to add custom sound to your character:

Tell me if you manage to do it! :^)

I think I might have been a little unclear, what I meant was, extract all of Walani's voice files and, using the guide, create your own FSB file to use. You should follow the tutorial and where it says you have to import your custom voice you import Walani's speech/hurt etc. files (you don't have to rename them.)

Archived