My First Time Not Starving With Friends

I've finally joined the rest of you walking corpses brave adventurers in Togetherland!  (My god, that sounds like some really sappy kid's show from the '70s or something.)  At first I was on way too laggy of a server, where I kept boomeranging back suddenly and dying by frog. The fact that I didn't yet have the keys rebound to the way I'm used to didn't help anything either.

But THEN, I joined a nice just-starting cooperative server that was only on Day 7 (when you come in on Day 58, everything's a bit overwhelming!) and had a pretty good time!  I hit "Random" and ended up as Wigfrid--so there were two of us--us warrior maidens went out and did do battle with spider dens together, I  made winter hats for people, random Webbers came up to me and asked "Can you make me a hat like you have?" and I saved our Wilson from a lost Merm on the savannah.   There was also this adorable bit where at one point, both Webbers were snuggled right up close to Glommer at the fire, so it was like, bug solidarity or something.  : P

Also I got three presents while playing, and when I opened the last one in winter I said something like "I don't care if the Deerclops is coming, I'm'a open my Christmas present, dammit!" and got a laugh.

Turned out we didn't need to worry about Deerclops, because the Webbers had their own spider base in the swamp and he apparently spawned near _that_, not the main camp (and didn't kill them).  Instead, we got MEGA HOUND ATTACK OF DEATH on the night of Day 32, I mean, I have never _seen_ so many hounds at once!  So we all immediately died...but I died last.  ;)

And the REALLY freaky thing?  That is exactly, almost to the _second_, how many days my first solo run lasted!  I died late on the night of Day 32, so it just _barely_ counted as only 31 days survived.

(Twilight Zone theme music plays)

Oh, and I love the "Charlie will miss you!" when you quit.  Nice touch!

...Notorious

5 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

I've finally joined the rest of you walking corpses brave adventurers in Togetherland!  (My god, that sounds like some really sappy kid's show from the '70s or something.)  At first I was on way too laggy of a server, where I kept boomeranging back suddenly and dying by frog. The fact that I didn't yet have the keys rebound to the way I'm used to didn't help anything either.

But THEN, I joined a nice just-starting cooperative server that was only on Day 7 (when you come in on Day 58, everything's a bit overwhelming!) and had a pretty good time!  I hit "Random" and ended up as Wigfrid--so there were two of us--us warrior maidens went out and did do battle with spider dens together, I  made winter hats for people, random Webbers came up to me and asked "Can you make me a hat like you have?" and I saved our Wilson from a lost Merm on the savannah.   There was also this adorable bit where at one point, both Webbers were snuggled right up close to Glommer at the fire, so it was like, bug solidarity or something.  : P

Also I got three presents while playing, and when I opened the last one in winter I said something like "I don't care if the Deerclops is coming, I'm'a open my Christmas present, dammit!" and got a laugh.

Turned out we didn't need to worry about Deerclops, because the Webbers had their own spider base in the swamp and he apparently spawned near _that_, not the main camp (and didn't kill them).  Instead, we got MEGA HOUND ATTACK OF DEATH on the night of Day 32, I mean, I have never _seen_ so many hounds at once!  So we all immediately died...but I died last.  ;)

And the REALLY freaky thing?  That is exactly, almost to the _second_, how many days my first solo run lasted!  I died late on the night of Day 32, so it just _barely_ counted as only 31 days survived.

(Twilight Zone theme music plays)

Oh, and I love the "Charlie will miss you!" when you quit.  Nice touch!

...Notorious

"Charlie will miss you" is first there since the New Reign Video came out. Before that it had the text "Ur Friends will miss u"

Archived