Roleplay Information Thread - STILL OPEN(!)

Auth

What's the difference between chop beef and pea soup? Anybody can chop beef but nobody can pea soup!  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Got an idea for something to be added to Weirdosity?

• Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Not yeah
  2. 2. Want a free cosmetic?

• YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Not yeah
  3. 3. Do you like Weirdosity?

• 𝕐𝔼𝔸ℍ!!!!!!!!
    • Not yeah

Questions.

- What is the best way to denote actions and dialogues? Should I contribute in a third-person storytelling fashion?

- My character should not magically know romancibility, nor should they know the sexuality of other characters. As such, would it be in my best interest to not read said part of other people's submissions? This is to say, for whatever reason, if my character makes a semi flirty remark towards another, I do not actually know how the other character truly perceives it. This goes for several attributes, such as fears, but it is also supposedly the most "touchy".

- You decide the outcomes of actions in no player's control, correct? In this case, if I were to attempt to hit another player [for example], do both of us have to wait until you come up with the outcome?

6 minutes ago, vingw said:

Questions.

- What is the best way to denote actions and dialogues? Should I contribute in a third-person storytelling fashion?

- My character should not magically know romancibility, nor should they know the sexuality of other characters. As such, would it be in my best interest to not read said part of other people's submissions? This is to say, for whatever reason, if my character makes a semi flirty remark towards another, I do not actually know how the other character truly perceives it. This goes for several attributes, such as fears, but it is also supposedly the most "touchy".

- You decide the outcomes of actions in no player's control, correct? In this case, if I were to attempt to hit another player [for example], do both of us have to wait until you come up with the outcome?

1: Not script. Practically everything else is fine, it's up to you. Just don't switch between em all.

2: whatΒ Well, you aren't your character, so feel free to read up on them, but go ahead and make your character dork around and experiment.

3: Well first of all, if you're to kill someone, brief me of it first in a PM. Mostly everyone has me on either Skype or Steam, so. Otherwise, if you just whack someone with a pencil, don't bother waiting for me. I'm going to write base damages for weaponsΒ andΒ things soon.

7 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

So because I won't be posting for 2 days I'm gonna miss intros. Which sucks. But does that mean for my character? Are they just gonna be passed out? Β Or like what?Β 

Yes.

8 minutes ago, Weirdobob said:

1: Not script. Practically everything else is fine, it's up to you. Just don't switch between em all.

2: whatΒ Well, you aren't your character, so feel free to read up on them, but go ahead and make your character dork around and experiment.

3: Well first of all, if you're to kill someone, brief me of it first in a PM. Mostly everyone has me on either Skype or Steam, so. Otherwise, if you just whack someone with a pencil, don't bother waiting for me. I'm going to write base damages for weaponsΒ andΒ things soon.

Yes.

1. Alright.

2. It's all the more fun if I don't know. More genuine.

3. You're misunderstanding; I'm not talking about JUST assaulting another player. I'm talking about any actions with real risks, like attempting to jump in front of someone else to take an incoming attack, trying to jump a gap, or simply trying to repair items, or attempting to grab items from other people's hands.

*Shrugs*

*Shrubs*

@JoeW

Β 

I've double posted five times today.

Including this.

I theorize it may be caused from the fact the message box does not get cleared after submitting a message, and for some reason, refreshing tends to post the text.

Or, perhaps it involves having multiple tabs open.

5 minutes ago, vingw said:

3. You're misunderstanding; I'm not talking about JUST assaulting another player. I'm talking about any actions with real risks, like attempting to jump in front of someone else to take an incoming attack, trying to jump a gap, or simply trying to repair items, or attempting to grab items from other people's hands.

Whoopsie daisies.

But yes, but I've thought about things, and no, it won't be as controlling as you'd think. If you're to do something like that, it's safe to assume you did do it, unless it's something like performing a magic spell. Stealing from someone's hands depends on the person your stealing from's response.

That's how fights will work too.

1 hour ago, MenaAthena said:

I guess you could say we're all... weird.

*canned laughter*

Β 

Also, @LiptonPee, did your character just snatch something from one of us, or was that glintingΒ metallic object just something he had on him beforehand?

Well IΒ stole Zek's pocket change but it's also an obvious excuse for someone to follow Paksu, considering it could be more than money. I think Ysul is going to let something be stolen, but I'm not sure

6 minutes ago, LiptonPee said:

Well IΒ stole Zek's pocket change but it's also an obvious excuse for someone to follow Paksu, considering it could be more than money. I think Ysul is going to let something be stolen, but I'm not sure

K, I was just askin cause Athena has a gold necklace and I didn't know if it was stolededΒ 

YOU CAUGHT ME AT A VERY BAD TIME WHAT WITH ME NOT HAVING A COMPUTER AT THE TIME, ME RUNNING LOW ON POWER ON MY PHONE, AND ALL OF THAT PANICKING STUFF

I HAD TO RUSH MY INTRODUCTION POST

23 minutes ago, MenaAthena said:

I guess you could say we're all... weird.

*canned laughter*

Β 
Β 

GET IT BECAUSE IT'S CALLED WEIRDOSITY AND "?????"

On a less panicking note, does ink stuff counts as magic? And who here wants to find my parasol lying around the portal and start social interactions with me, because I kind of forgot about the parasol and need someone to help me conveniently get it back.

Let it be known that I feel ridiculous with theΒ name "Blewcheese"

Also is it possible to revoke the rocket launcher thing I feel as if it won't fit nearly as well to just have a rocket launcher now is it okay if I remove that from my inventory

Archived