Roleplay Information Thread - STILL OPEN(!)

Auth

What's the difference between chop beef and pea soup? Anybody can chop beef but nobody can pea soup!  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Got an idea for something to be added to Weirdosity?

• Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Not yeah
  2. 2. Want a free cosmetic?

• YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Not yeah
  3. 3. Do you like Weirdosity?

• 𝕐𝔼𝔸ℍ!!!!!!!!
    • Not yeah

So I should in theory be good to go on Friday cuz I think we are not going any where. Saturday however will have some plane flights so that's probably a no depending on arrival time.

Dunno if that can work or not. Missing a day and all.

10 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

So I should in theory be good to go on Friday cuz I think we are not going any where. Saturday however will have some plane flights so that's probably a no depending on arrival time.

Dunno if that can work or not. Missing a day and all.

Yes, I don't see anyone getting god-tier items(And keeping them) until at least year 2.

7 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Santa Claus is coming to town!

*starts typing new update*

Roleplay Update

"Christmas in July"

Changes and Additions

• Krampus has been ultra buffed
  • Joe now keeps closer surveillance on the deeds and karma of players
  • Joe now will be a little preoccupied with a long sheet of paper
  • Buffed "The Smacken" as his punches weren't as devastating as they should've been, considering his size
  • Weather events are now more common
  • Inspired by Corrupted Mode, instead of hardmode being activated by finding the first 4 characters, you must now trigger it directly by saying you're ready for it (In multiplayer, a poll will be introduced when needed)
  • Added "Festive" corruption
  • Gave "Maggie" more attacks and the ability to summon a specific flying ship that holds 2 hyperintelligent beings
  • Joe is now a little bit more forgiving to straightforward approaches to romancing her(Instead of sending you straight to the burn unit)
  • Sky is now even more talkative
  • Mavis is now less talkative
  • Something is growing larger in Weirdo's basement
  • Children now roam the sidewalks of Demood (Finally, no longer just random adults!)
  • Gave the weirdobot ranged attacks (To combat everyone else that has them)
  • The weirdobot now has weaker armor that can be more easily penetrated, but still has the same amount of health
  • Robots now take 8x dmg from liquid-based attacks (This includes ink, blood, molten lava, etc, so yes, you can chuck your beating heart at the weirdobot for a massive damage ping)
  • Plant-based attacks now soak up liquids, meaning liquid-based players and enemies take 8x dmg from plants
  • Nerfed the loch-n-load (20% dmg to players is now 20% dmg to buildings)
  • Nerfed the dead ringer (Now starts at half-cloak time, but gives the spy a speed boost)
  • Transformations now are considered "Magical" moves and consume magic power(Players who can transform will start with a lil magic in their hearts, enough for 2 total transformations and reverts)
  • Dark powers will now replenish the stats of those who serve them over time and make them gain thrice normal stats
  • All players and entities tagged as "Pure" deal 95x more dmg to "Dark" tagged players and entities, but Pure players receive no other buffs and get a big penalty of -95% to players and entities also tagged as "Pure" (note the difference in x and %)
  •  

Spoiler

Character Name: Kestrel

Character Age: 25

Character Title: The Resourceful Risk-Taker

Character Gender: Figure it out.

Character Species: Regular boring human.

Character's Sexuality: Figure it out.

Physical Description: Tall, somewhat chubby, and wears a black coat most of the time, thus making them appear huskier. Short, dark brown hair, generic-brown eyes, and a light grey toque to top it off. For their height, they have longer legs than most, causing them to be in a state of controlled swaying whenever they move.

Psychological Description: Respects most people for whom they are and tends to be mentally calm and stable. Does not hold respect for anyone whom is out to purposefully cause harm to others. Will become very aggressive if some or most of the people they care about are threatened, throwing on a guise of happiness to throw off the opposing side. If a situation seems unwinnable and threatens the life of many people, they may derive sadistic pleasure from any harm caused to the opposing side.

Personality: Attempts to stay cool, but not afraid of showing their current emotions. Tries to get involved with activities and situations of others, especially when it could potentially lead to creating allies.

Perks/Skills: - Learns the basics of concepts quickly - Works better under stress, as well as more resilient to pain

Fears: - Being incapacitated - Being seen negatively by everyone

Weaknesses: - Addicted to gambling, often taking very dangerous risks that have high rewards. - As stress increases, so does sadism and irrationality in decision making

Strengths: - High empathy for others - Not very anxious unless directly in the middle of conflict.

Romanceable: Only one way to find out.

Profession: None currently, has some money from previous freelance projects.

Possessions: - Typically on person: Coat, Toque, some cash, a "handy dandy" metal knife. - Occasionally, but not always on person: Various tools for various craftsmanship.

Additional Info: Probably will die fast, but hopes it'll at least be honourable.

Here's the thing, @Weirdobob. Feel free to tell me what to change.

8 minutes ago, MenaAthena said:

@vingw, there's a bit of information you might want to consider if you're giving your character magical abilities. Magic in this rp works by using up ... Magic points, I think? I was only explained this somewhat recently and I'm terrible with names, but it's basically mana. These points can be hard to come by early game, and you can only have so many at once (unless you increase the limit by acquiring actual hearts and sticking them in your chest). Every spell also has a chance of spawning a flufficorn instead of doing it's intended purpose. The bigger and more powerful the spell, the more points it uses and the more likely it's going to flop.

Magic, huh? Hardcore mode it is; none whatsoever for my character!

But thank you for explaining :D

5 minutes ago, MenaAthena said:

I have a question: would my character have to use magic power to use her necklace spear thingy?

No, as that has magic imbued in itself, and is less of you using it and more of it using itself.

For instance, Mavis. While she does have magic power, she has an incredibly small concentration of it actually in her, and she controls plants not through magic but through psychologically sending brain waves to plant cells to make them change themselves depending on the need.

Or something like that.

2 hours ago, Weirdobob said:

Transformations now are considered "Magical" moves and consume magic power(Players who can transform will start with a lil magic in their hearts, enough for 2 total transformations and reverts)

Great, now I have to lure innocents into secluded areas and take their hearts... you made me do this O__O

On 5/19/2016 at 10:28 AM, Asparagus said:

Hide contents

Perks/Skills: Due to a mutation he can adopt any and/or all aspects of 4 Giants (GMooseDragonBeargerFly... yeah those four). Going full MooseDeerBearFly however will render his mental capacity reduced (much like the Hulk) and go feral and might go on a rampage; only to be used as a last resort. Forming bonds with others could help mitigate this threat as he will think twice before harming them. Never go full Giant O__O He only becomes slightly larger, and not a full giant.

Fears: Killing people close to him when he goes full Giant... (nothing else I could think of atm)

Weaknesses: Sweats a lot from doing little, which causes dehydration <.< and could hinder other actions if left unchecked. Heat (mitigated by adopting Dragonfly traits but could heat up others around him)

Strengths: Moves fast, has an eye for dodging and avoiding physical contact in combat and in crowds. Hits pretty ok as a human; Adopting any traits of any giant uses stamina to transform into but stabilizes once in the form. Doesn't need sleep as much though will be required to eat a lot to compensate.

Romanceable: Yes

Sex-able: <-- Sorry, singleplayer only!

Profession: Wandering Wonderer with wise w- w- I do things sometimes and I get paid I'm totally not an assassin for hire or anything

Possessions: heavy duty water bottle (1L), handkerchief, Black pen that totally doesn't have a hidden knife when you press the button 3 times

Additional Info: (to be added later)

Can't I just use my stamina instead of magic since it's in my bio that it's a mutation... or do you really want me to use my assassin skills... er... harm innocent people? O__O

Hello I

Spoiler

Character Name: Astor

Character Age: 29

Character Title: The Test Subject

Character Gender: Male

Character Species: Former Human, now a Dragon (anthropomorphic)

Character's Sexuality: Straight

Physical Description: With the body of a humanoid, he stands rather tall, reaching the two meters. He has a fairly athletic physique, albeit slim in general. His scales are of white, like snow. His eyes are deep brown and even though he has small, dull horns, his head is adorned with a crown of plates long his forehead and the back of his head. His prehensile tail has no tip and his wings are not big enough for flight. Despite his race, he cannot breathe fire. He has retractable, sharp claws on each of his fingers.

Psychological Description and Personality: He’s silent and reserved, preferring not to talk to others in his state unless medicine is mentioned. He has the mind and sanity of a common human, and he is quite disciplined. His eyes show human emotions as well and his accent not only gives away his humanity but also his former home: somewhere with a Hispanic language.

Perks/Skills: 
• Medicine: He studied medicine in his human years and focused in anatomy, genetics and mutations, as well as surgery. His former job allowed him to have lots of medical supplies in his home and he knows how to use them correctly.
• Diagnose: He can inspect others for signs of sickness and identify them for a better treatment.
• Scaled Hide: His body is covered in thin scales, and he can resist slashing attacks fairly well.

Fears:
• Contact with humans.
• Crowded places.
• Losing his Book.
• Being in the open for too long.
• Being in a hospital for too long.

• Heights.

• The sea.

Weaknesses:
• His body prevents him from wearing anything other than his actual clothing, which is a set of leathers and cloth strapped together into a very light piece of equipment. This is because he is a dragon and has a larger-than-average body physique, scales and spikes that are not commonly taken into consideration when making normal clothing.
• This also leaves him quite untrustworthy at first glance, and others might not approach him at all, due to his appearance.
• He is rather tall and wide so he is an easy target.

• Piercing attacks.

Strengths:

• His tail is sturdy and he learned to use it quite well, becoming quite the blunt natural weapon.
• He can apply his medicinal knowledge to also perform forensic studies on corpses.

Romanceable: ...

Profession: Medic

Possessions:
• A family heirloom: a book in which many teachings of several medicine fields are explained. Contains doodles, annotations and even several added pages from other books and personal notes, belonging to former medics in his family, going back to who knows what year. It's quite heavy, as you would expect.
• His house is packed up with medicine and food, so he can go out less often this way.
• A combat knife that belonged to his former father, a field medic.

Additional Info: He was amazed by evolution and external factors that change the appearance of human beings, this lead him to visit several biochemistry corporations and even places where he could learn how mutagens and time helped human kind evolve. His current state is the result of years of meddling with the subject, up to a point in which he became insane enough to offer his own body for studies and then experimentation. The results left him with a mental breakdown.

18 hours ago, Weirdobob said:

Besides, this thread is mostly for your guys' speculations and theories and lore-puzzle-piecing-together, and If you know them, spoilers are allowed here, just put them in spoilers as not everyone wants them ruined. (And @Mezukie, you're disqualified from doing that as you know... all of it.)

(Ehehe THE KNOWLEDGE IS MINE!)

6 minutes ago, InDenial said:

If you could tell how to kill Weirdobob and company that would be great.

Oh you just- uh uhh I mean uhm. N-no you'll just have to figure out yourself..heh...Yeah.. *sweats* 

Archived